+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default India

Hello,

I'm from the USA, and have a son that was born with the help of a surrogate in India. Currently that same surrogate is carrying twins for us that are due in December. Please check out www.worldofsurrogacy.com, we may be able to help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

My husband and I are currently in Mumbai, India undergoing our second IVF cycle for surrogacy. As previously advised we had been in contact with Chris at surrogacyadvisory@gmail and they are wonderful and full of so much information.

In the beginning it felt like such an overwhelming process but it is actually very straight forward - dare I say easy. The first go was a bit different because we didn't know what to expect but this one has been a breeze.

I have just had my EPU today and have had the best IVF results ever, they are much more advanced here, or should I say they are not limited by the constraints Medicare place on our treatment in OZ.

I had previously undertaken 6 IVF cycles with a total of 15 transfers, without success.

We are using the Corion fertility clinic and they are wonderful. There are some surrogacy support forums out there but they are linked to a specific clinic - so be aware when researching. We chose this clinic because the doctor that Chris (from the above email address) used had branched out and set up her own clinic and he couldn't recommend her highly enough and I can see why.

We now have our fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Sarix12; 09-11-2010 at 03:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sarix, on your IVF results.
    I can't wait to hear of your surro 's BFP.

Do you mind giving me a run down of what you went thro to get to this point? PM me if you like. I hope to do surro next year I have to save for it

All the best
    xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

Sarix12  (11-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marzi

Very happy to discuss. Do you mean my infertility journey or just the pathway we took into surrogacy. Let me know and ill give you the spiel, I promise not war and peace...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sarix12,

Am looking for all the help I can get, as I have been from pillar to post and am still none the wiser where to start. You've recommended Corian Clinic but do they do cryotransfers for Gestation Surrogacy cases, can you PM me about all the ins and outs - all help greatly appreciated, as I am in Perth WA

Thanks
    Reviews

Default surrogacy in India

Hi Ladies,

I have been on a little "sanity" break away from this surrogacy planning thing .. and now am back with renewed energy levels ... cancer ... hysterectomy .. can really get a girl down :-O

I also decided on Corion previously as well in Mumbai as I have been in touch with many people and have spent countless hours scouring the internet, forums, websites ... u name it .. I checked it out.

We were about to register a couple of weeks ago and got the word from Dr. Kadam that Mumbai customs is no longer accepting human frozen embryos as of 1 month ago ... I am guessing from beginning of November??

Apparently a shipment of embryos from USA got sent straight back to it's origin on arrival and was deemed unacceptable package.

Needless to say I was totally gobsmacked ... I launched into panic mode and did more digging and emailing ... yep .. it's true .... Mumbai clinics are having issues accepting frozen embies from overseas! even the courier companies who have money to make out of this acknowledged they currently do not ship embies to India!

Anyhow, a little more researching later .... apparently some Delhi clinics DONT have issues ... but I am NOT sure about this ... do don't take my word on it. I am in the process of doing more research myself!

Dr. Kadam is awaiting resolution of this issue and suggested that I wait a little and she'll be in touch as soon as she knows what we can do .. I've gotta say; she has been very good at communicating through the last few months when I went bizerk looking for information re: surrogacy in India, and again, the few ppl whom i have been in touch with all advised me she was the real deal!

If u are currently in VIC, it is still ok to do surrogacy overseas and arrange for child to return with you (not so in NSW as of a few weeks ago, those ********!) ... unless the law changes in VIC in the near future? Fingers crossed!!!

You are supposed to organise a release form from ur IVF clinic to release ur frozen embies, and contact a shipping company .... your IVF clinic should b able to suggest some. MEDAIR has been mentioned many time to me and the price is around $2500 (tho currently NOT shipping to India) .. the guy there was VERY nice and VERY helpful re: info .. even tho he couldn't help w the shipping issue.

If you are shipping frozen embies, u r not required to be at the clinic until prior to birth; this was an issue for us because the shipping itself was already so expensive ... so NOT having to make a previous trip was a bit of a bonus.

If anyone needs to know anything, feel free to contact me ... I am more than happy to let u guys know what I know.

Hope someone gets something out of my ranting!

GOod luck to everyone who is currently looking and planning on surrogacy. I wish everyone ALL the best!!!!

-wlee9462-

Thanks
    Reviews

Default answer to metoo

Quote Originally Posted by metoo View Post
    Hi Sarix12,

Am looking for all the help I can get, as I have been from pillar to post and am still none the wiser where to start. You've recommended Corian Clinic but do they do cryotransfers for Gestation Surrogacy cases, can you PM me about all the ins and outs - all help greatly appreciated, as I am in Perth WA

to meetoo -> Yes, Corion clinic do perform frozen embryo transfers, u just have to let Dr. Kadam know what method ur IVF clinic used to freeze ur embryos and what methods need to be used to thaw them .... admittedly ... all clinic has advised me that you have a redued success rate from frozen embies, and not all embies survive the thawing process as well.

Alas, currently we still have this BIG shipping embryo issue happening .... fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

Nevertheless, u gotta give it a go!!! Goodluck! Anything else u need to know, just msg me. :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wlee9462 For This Useful Post:

Sarix12  (11-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wife and I are also going through Corion. Dr Kadam has been great.

Unfortunately, our ivf clinic in Sydney has now said they won't prescribe us the medicines we need (that can't be shipped from India), because of the new NSW law. Which means we have to go over twice in a few weeks. Once to collect medicines, second time for stimulation and collection.

We are so annoyed - commercial surrogacy isnt even illegal yet in nsw! The law has been passed but not enacted - it has to get through by the attorney general, which most likely won't happen til at least Feb 11. We met a lawyer on this matter last week, who confirmed that it's been illegal in Qld for over 20 years - but has anyone ever been charged? Of course not. The authorities aren't going to waste time chasing people that want to be parents. Also, it's only the act of entering into a surrogacy arrangement that is actually illegal. If you do this (by signing contacts etc) by Feb you'll be fine.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Sorry I cant be of much help with the frozen emby shipping - mine are always crud so haven't wasted my time with this... :- ) !

Once we had contacted corion and been ok'd we arrange to send all our fertility medical doc to Dr Kushie, our oz clinics gave us hard copies and we scanned them and email them to Dr.

We then waited until day one of cycle and started on the Pill, that way we knew almost to the day when AF would show.

We booked our flights to mumbai and flew in the day AF was expected and made an appointment with Dr Kushie (let me say a little nerve racking when AF tried to show up early... WT... just gobbled a few extra pill tablets !)
    Our flight arrive at 10.30 am and our appointment was at 1.30. Luckily Af arrived that day (whilst stopped over in Singapore - thank you body for finally doing something as required).

Went to clinic - had some blood tests - both hubby and myself (HIV, hormone etc) had first injection got drugs for next 3 days and then scooted back to hotel.

as per IVF cycle here went every 3 days ish for scans and to pick up new meds - Dr Kushie adjusts dosages dependant on folli growth.

Went in for EPU - very efficient in and out in twenty minutes and never felt better (usually suffer from anaesthetic probs post pick up ). Stayed at clinic - which is where it is done - they have a theatre and full lab at clinic. 3 Hours later back to hotel.

transfer to surro 3 days later and we were on a plane home, all in all we were there about 16 days and filled in our time sight seeing.

Did the same thing for the second attempt to. We stayed both times at JW Marriot Juhu and found ourselves a great cabbie who took us to clinic every day and waited as long as it took and then returned us to the hotel. He came every day as we advised and was fantastic.

Two reasons this is great 1) getting cabs/tuk tuks and not being taken for a 'ride' takes a bit to get used to in India but once you get the hang of it its great, but much easier to have transport waiting especially after EPU (hotel transport is very very exy!) Secondly, there is a thing know as Indian time and everything happens in Indian time - this means whenever...some days we would be at the clinic 2 hours, some days 30 mins (doing the same thing with the same number of clients). If your appointment is at 11 you may be seen at 11.10 or maybe 12.15 !!! You get used to it as it happens everywhere in India, this is why it helps having a cab waiting out the front as you never know when you'll finish and dependent on the time of day, getting transport can be hard. It also is the same price ( I know hard to believe) but you will get a set price and they prefer to wait as it is more cost effective to bring you back and get a double fare than to sit in the major traffic jams going to and fro.

Our Taxi driver was Rameesh he was fantastic - knew where to go (not an easy thing as the street naming and numbering system is not like ours) so its was good to not have to explain over and over again where the clinic was, he was very friendly (like a grand pa, as he was 70 which surprised me greatly as he didn't look it) and he always waited for us and even took us sight seeing and never worried about the time frame, lets say we gave him big tips every trip and also a slipped him a large tip at the end as it was so worth the peace of mind, in case you are wondering we are talking about $12 for a return trip b/w hotel and clinic that would be over a 2-3 hour period, hence why we tipped him.

Our second trip went just as well and the weather was better, we stayed less days as we flew out the day of transfer due to hubby's work commitments but that was ok. Unfortunately this last attempt also failed and now we are on the search for donor eggs to use with indian surrogacy using Dr Kushie's clinic again. Doing some research on South African websites.

All in all we loved our experience, enjoyed the sightseeing and have no regrets. India is a bit of a culture shock, I have travelled extensively but the poverty still took me by surprise ( and the rudeness of people) The clinics is sparse in the waiting room, not like ours here,when we first went to the clineic we were like - what have we done !!! but where it counts in the theatre and in the lab/scan rooms is all top of the line high tech- but you don't get to see that til the end, but trust me don't judge it by the first impression, it is great and Dr's and nurses are very efficient.

Hopefully I have helped and yes I did end up writing war and peace, but its such an amazing experience and so may little things that I never thought of here in Oz - like getting to clinic on day of EPU and having to get Meds back to hotel ASAP, as it is very hot in Mumbai and even with A/C u worry (thankfully clinic now has ice packs and insulated bags) You should have seen our mini bar in the hotel, Im sure the house keeping thought we were druggies... it was choccas !!!

Take care

Danni

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarix12 For This Useful Post:

wlee9462  (18-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default More questions ?

Hi Wlee9462,
    Just wanted to know, have they heard anything about a rough timeframe/solution on the frostie shipping issues? I do understand fresh is best, frosties have less chance, but being in similar situ as yourself, it's really only option avail.
    I would love more advise regarding what to do next? I've emailed the clinic, but what do I do next? Do you just book a trip to Arand and hope for the best or is everything preplanned via the clinic or your own arrangements. All help is greatly appreciated.