+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FRozen Embryos to India??

Hi,

We are currently researching surrogacy in India; I was wondering if anyone has had FROZEN EMBRYOS transported to India for embryo transfer that way??

I had cancer, so we did a few cycles of IVF and froze some embryos in the hope of having our children via surrogacy; now I've come across a potential problem ... different clinics using different thawing and freezing techniques.

Because we don't have that many embryos; I am hoping to get in touch with someone who has some idea about this.

I have read some horror stories re: lost embryos during transport, wasted embryos because of wrong technique used to process them, etc ... This really worries me a LOT!

Can anyone help??

Thanks heaps. ANd GOOD LUCK to all you guys out there hoping to create a family!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had my frozen embryos transported by courier - Medair. My embryos were with SIVF, so I asked the lab manager at SIVF to phone the lab manager in India to talk freezing/thawing technique as I was really nervous this process would go wrong. After this I was less nervous and as it turned out there wasn't any problems at the Indian end.
    It's best that you arrange the day/time suitable to both parties for telephone conversation.
    It was extremely nice of the SIVF lab manager to do this deed.
    good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Hi Vessie,

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. It's taken a HUGE load of my worries.

Now I just have to get in touch with my IVF clinic and see what they can do.

How is your surro-mom doing?

When r u planning to travel there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wlee9462 and Vessie,

I've just come across your post about Indian surrogacy and was wondering if either of you would mind giving me some further info? I had seen info about the India programs but wasn't sure if this was legal for Australian couples?

Thanks so much,
    Manda xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    dr goral - pls check your visitors messages. I have sent you one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Manda

I have sent you a private message
    V

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I'm looking into surrogacy and am considering the India option.
    Can anyone with any info please PM me.

I too want info on frostie transfer, and other details including cost and travel arrangements.

Thanks in advance
    Marzi

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best people to contact are surrogacyadvisory@gmail.com
    they are aussie couple who have been there for 2 babies. They have loads of information.

The courier charge is $2500. You need to sign an embryo release form with the ivf clinic and then provide this to the courier company who look after everything else - it was really quite straight forward.
    The cost of surrogacy in India is around $35K plus airfare ($2000 per person), lawyer and accommodation. The accommodation is quite expensive as you are there for around 1 month and you would have to stay in a nice place as you have bub. So this is around $200/day.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    First post here and am also looking into the India surrogacy option. We cant fall pregnant using ivf (thin endometrium) so this seems to be the only way left.

If anyone could pm me or even post in response some reputable agencies in India I would really appreciate it. All the websites I have found dont seem to have been updated for years.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ppl
    i am also very interested in this. i would like to know where i can find someinfromation on this just incase our ivf attempts dont work. we are about to start our first cycle and i hope to god it works, but if it dosent i only wanna do a few more cycles of ivf here in australia b4 looking to inida for a surrogate. any one with help info would greatly appreciated..