Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3d and 5d transfer .. what happens

POAS = Peeing on a stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - just read your signature and wish to extend my sympathies for your heartbreaking loss. May your little angel watch over you and I wish you the very best in your journey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Butterfly78  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Hi ladies not sure if you've read this article - http://www.sharedjourney.com/articles/3vs5.html

it was in an earlier thread on here. I found this very useful and would like to only use 5 days transfers for my IVF now. I just wonder if my FS suggests a 3 how well is he gonna listen to me saying no i want a 5 day transfer???

I believe the 3 day transfer could be a cop out - if a cycle never goes to transfer then is it cancelled and do you get some of your fees back?
    Hi chances. Congrats on BFP!!!! I just read your thread and wanted to ask did you have D3 or D5 tfr? And can you please advise your post tfr support/medication?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fleur thank you!

I actually had a 2 day! Put back just 1 very average looking embryo that took
    Currently just past 24 wks and getting very excited to meet the lil one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted a whole heap of things in a tips thread in the ivf forum but off the top of my head (I know I've missed stuff) I stopped all supplements prior to pick up, prior to transfer I ate Brazil nuts and started pineapple cores. I took 5 days off in total (pick up, day off, transfer then it was the wknd) are Brazil nuts, pineapple cores and drunk warm 100% organic grape juice and avoided chicken and any cold goods including drinks. Relaxed and even did some retail therapy but nothing exhausting - I had a vaporiser that was also great for the 2ww and relaxing after work.
    One of the most important things I did was visualise - sounds corny but I used to do this on sports and tried it and just imaged the lil embryo attaching itself and making a home. I also looked at baby pics!

Haha I was so dedicated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    I posted a whole heap of things in a tips thread in the ivf forum but off the top of my head (I know I've missed stuff) I stopped all supplements prior to pick up, prior to transfer I ate Brazil nuts and started pineapple cores. I took 5 days off in total (pick up, day off, transfer then it was the wknd) are Brazil nuts, pineapple cores and drunk warm 100% organic grape juice and avoided chicken and any cold goods including drinks. Relaxed and even did some retail therapy but nothing exhausting - I had a vaporiser that was also great for the 2ww and relaxing after work.
    One of the most important things I did was visualise - sounds corny but I used to do this on sports and tried it and just imaged the lil embryo attaching itself and making a home. I also looked at baby pics!

Haha I was so dedicated
    Thanks for sharing Chances! Congratulations - very very exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

My home preg test came up early compared to other women. Please see my signature. Im not sure why mine showed up so early but they say everyone is different.
    And today I am 5weeks and 1 day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st timer!

Hi Everyone!

What a great thread! Its nice to read others journey's!

About me
    I am 30 and a 1st time IVF'er in a same sex relationship using an anonymous donor through Hunter IVF (Newcastle). I am currently on day 4 of my 2WW for my first (and hopefully last) cycle! I had 5 embryo's, 2 fertilised, 1 day 3 transfer. The other embie didnt make it to the freezer unfortunately! So all hopes are on this little one in my belly!

I am telling myself not to POAS but think i will anyway! haha I thought I could pee & put it back in the box & wait till BT to see if it was correct or not? Is that just torturing myself??

Also, is there anywhere I can look up all the abbreviations? Some I am following but others are a bit more difficult!

Looking forward to chatting with you all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all...

was wondering if anyone had this information for a 2 day transfer... this is what I had 1st IVF cycle (now) due to only having 1 fertilised egg. Would I just deduct a day from the 3 day transfer info ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Agirllikemel View Post
    Hi all...

was wondering if anyone had this information for a 2 day transfer... this is what I had 1st IVF cycle (now) due to only having 1 fertilised egg. Would I just deduct a day from the 3 day transfer info ?
    @Agirllikemel - I would add a day to the 3dt list. So first step. is 2dpt embryo growing, 3dpt embryo is now a blasyocyst etc.