+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Don't know dates...sorry alittle TMI

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to those who have

I am a little confused with my dates

I had a miscarriage 11th Dec, I bleed for the best part of 3-4 weeks. I think my period started on the 19th January, but it was very very light, only there slightly after going to the toilet. (I wore a liner but nothing on it) A few days later 23rd January it became more like a normal period, although heavier than what it use to be before m/c. So I know normally the start of a period is when the bleeding starts, but it was so miniscule, so not sure where to take the start of the period from, and so when my next one is due, so I can test. I'm not even sure if I would know how long my cycle is. up until August last year it was anywhere from 30-35 days, than it went to 28 days so who knows?????

Sorry for TMI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Sad to find myself here instead of back over in the pregnancy and birth threads but glad to find some others in similar situations. Here's hoping to lots of good news for everyone soon.

I found out a few weeks ago that I was pregnant with my first but about a week or so later spotting began. HCG was going up and down but a scan showed a healthy bub with a heartbeat. The next day the heavy bleeding started and several days later I ended up in emergency in severe pain and a likely M/C. Got the final confirmation with a scan on Tuesday this week even though we expected it.

My bleeding has pretty much stopped today and I just did a wee test with some internet cheapies. Preg test still came up with a faint line very slowly but its early days so its to be expected I guess. However ovulation test came up with 2 strong double lines.

Does anyone know if lingering HCG can have an affect on ovulation tests or am I really ready to try again? I want to just get back on the horse as they say... but my hubby is a little worried that my body won't be ready. I don't want to wait

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acemum View Post
    Hi everyone,

Congratulations to those who have

I am a little confused with my dates

I had a miscarriage 11th Dec, I bleed for the best part of 3-4 weeks. I think my period started on the 19th January, but it was very very light, only there slightly after going to the toilet. (I wore a liner but nothing on it) A few days later 23rd January it became more like a normal period, although heavier than what it use to be before m/c. So I know normally the start of a period is when the bleeding starts, but it was so miniscule, so not sure where to take the start of the period from, and so when my next one is due, so I can test. I'm not even sure if I would know how long my cycle is. up until August last year it was anywhere from 30-35 days, than it went to 28 days so who knows?????

Sorry for TMI
    I'm so sorry you find yourself on this chat forum. It is devastating to say the least when you have had a MC. I myself have had 3, and I think I bled for about 2-3 weeks. As far as cycles go, I honestly can't remember how soon they started going back to normal after my MC's. And I was told that you count CD1 as the day you find blood on a liner or underwear. And on the upside, I would take the heavier bleeding as a good sign. Giving your insides a good clean out so to speak. But I hope that your cycles start getting back to normal soon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by harmonysweetpea View Post
    Hi all
    Sad to find myself here instead of back over in the pregnancy and birth threads but glad to find some others in similar situations. Here's hoping to lots of good news for everyone soon.

I found out a few weeks ago that I was pregnant with my first but about a week or so later spotting began. HCG was going up and down but a scan showed a healthy bub with a heartbeat. The next day the heavy bleeding started and several days later I ended up in emergency in severe pain and a likely M/C. Got the final confirmation with a scan on Tuesday this week even though we expected it.

My bleeding has pretty much stopped today and I just did a wee test with some internet cheapies. Preg test still came up with a faint line very slowly but its early days so its to be expected I guess. However ovulation test came up with 2 strong double lines.

Does anyone know if lingering HCG can have an affect on ovulation tests or am I really ready to try again? I want to just get back on the horse as they say... but my hubby is a little worried that my body won't be ready. I don't want to wait
    I am so sorry for your loss, Hun. I know how hard it can be to have a MC having been through it 3 times myself. How far a long were you if you don't mind me asking? Mine were all in the early stages. I think my first and third one I was about 3.5-4 weeks and the second one I was 5.5-6 weeks. My second one was the most devastating for DH and myself as I had a US and we both saw out little one on the screen and then 12 hours later I lost the baby. To this day, they still can't tell me why I MC any of them which makes things even more frustrating.

You'll still be getting BFP on HPT until your levels are down to 0, but as for hormones affecting OPK's, I honestly have no idea. Maybe google it and find out.

I was told by my Dr that we can start TTC again whenever I was ready but I should take my time and not rush into things. I guess it's entirely up to you and how you're feeling physically and mentally. My DH was the same. He was a bit apprehensive about starting again so soon as was I. I think we waited about 3-4 months before tring again.

But wishing you all the luck in the world and hopefully your next BFP and sticky bubba is just around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind words & sorry to hear you've been through 3 miscarriages. We were about 7 weeks in for ours had already seen the heartbeat & all less than a week earlier. I have just been for my follow up hospital appointment. Hcg was in the 800s a week ago so expected to be much lower now. I have uti symptoms today tho. I remember having that a couple of weeks before finding out I was pregnant. I can't imagine that would be why now. Just low immune system probably but it's do annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hey ladies. im hoping you dont mind ifi join your thread. i misscarried back in october. i was 12 wks along. would have been my 3rd bub, and my partners 1st. im finding it really hard to cope. i feel like a complete failure. we have been trying again but every time AF comes i turn into a horrible mess. crying and angry and all over the place. its just not fair.
    i wondered if anyone knows of anything natural we women can take to increase our fertility????

i hope everyone doesnt have to stay here to long but i look forward to sharing this journey with you all. xx

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harmonysweetpea View Post
    Thanks for your kind words & sorry to hear you've been through 3 miscarriages. We were about 7 weeks in for ours had already seen the heartbeat & all less than a week earlier. I have just been for my follow up hospital appointment. Hcg was in the 800s a week ago so expected to be much lower now. I have uti symptoms today tho. I remember having that a couple of weeks before finding out I was pregnant. I can't imagine that would be why now. Just low immune system probably but it's do annoying.
    You're very welcome. That's what we're here for. Have you gone and done another BT to see what your HCG levels are at this week? Hey don't ever doubt yourself. Stranger things have happened you know. that thinngs settle down for you soon.

Thank you. It really doesn't get any easier the more you have. I am the only one on another thread who has been TTC for over 5 years and still nothing (apart from the MC's of course). So it is very frustrating watching everyone else get their BFP's and go on to have healthy babies.

Quote Originally Posted by 2SPUNKRATZ View Post
    hey ladies. im hoping you dont mind ifi join your thread. i misscarried back in october. i was 12 wks along. would have been my 3rd bub, and my partners 1st. im finding it really hard to cope. i feel like a complete failure. we have been trying again but every time AF comes i turn into a horrible mess. crying and angry and all over the place. its just not fair.
    i wondered if anyone knows of anything natural we women can take to increase our fertility????

i hope everyone doesnt have to stay here to long but i look forward to sharing this journey with you all. xx
    Sorry you find yourself in this thread.

I have had 3 and let me tell you, it does not get any easier. My DH and I have been TTC now for over 5 years and still nothing, so I definitely know where you are coming from when you say you get upset everytime AF comes. So you're right, it isn't fair. On the upside, you should be very happy and greatful that you have been blessed with 2 little ones already.

Feeling like a failure and less of a woman comes part and parcel with having a MC. I have been feeling this way for years and now that we know that IVF is our only way of having kids, makes me feel like an even bigger failure.

Being on this rollercoaster ride for so long really does get to me, especially seeing others get UTD so easily and having healthy bubs. Some days I want to give up, others I don't. You just have to keep your chin up and think positive thoughts. Besides, you're still young and can pop out a truck load of kids in the future, so don't ever give up hope.

Sorry if this post sounds harsh, but I just wanted to let you know that aside from what i've said, we are all here to support one another no matter what. So please don't take it to heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tasha, Hopefulmum2b and Jazz...

I couldn't read and not reply. We've been trying for 2.5 years for #1 and just lost our first pregnancy at 12weeks.

I wanted to say that I can totally relate to how you are feeling, but that would be a massive assumption on my part as we have only been trying for 2.5yrs and have only had 1 loss. Some of my close friends are pregnant with happy accidents or when trying for a far shorter time than we have. I love them dearly and I am sincerely happy with them, but it does hurt.

I do have to say that I'm in awe of your persistence and determination, and i'm curious as to what you have found has helped you keep going when this journey is so excruciatingly hard at times (= most of the time!)....?
    Last edited by ABigDeepBreath; 18-03-2012 at 09:33.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read up on everyone yet (DH is yelling at me to come and watch a tv show! Lol) but I thought I'd finally admit to myself that it actually happened.
    Got a BFP last cycle. Miscarried a week later. Yeah I know, not far in (6 weeks-ish) but it was far enough that I could feel my uterus starting to create that hard little ball that it gets in early pregnancy.
    It was my second bub so my body adapted faster and the day that I finally found that little bump was the day that I found out that I was miscarrying. I guess I'll intro more later, but it was mostly to find somewhere to chat with people that know what I'm experiencing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko, Sorry that you have found your self here but you will find that we are a pretty supportive bunch (when everyone is here). Out of curiosity what did you DH want you to watch?

ABigDeepBreath I have no idea what keeps me going apart from the fact that I so desperately want to have a baby with my DH. I think that is what keeps most of us going around and around on this roller coaster. to you also.

I am not sure where everyone is hiding at the moment as I have taken a bit of a hiatus to this area. I have been checking every now and then but trying to stay way from here as it seems that the more I come here the crazier I usually get about it and I am trying to relax about it all (easier said then done). I am sitting here waiting for my DH to get home and I have a crocheting project that I keep picking up and putting down and for some reason I feel like crying. I don't really want to talk to my family/friends at the moment because I am not really sure why I feel like crying, and my DH is not due home until around midnight (not that I want to talk to him either). So I thought I would come in here and see what was happening.

So DH and I have started the Clomid pills again this cycle. that something comes of it this time and has a better result then last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm out for this month. AF showed up tonight. Not really surprised but still upset.
    I just feel confused.. feels like me and DH have tried every combination in terms of trying! Every second day, every day, using opk's, not using opk's.. fertility tests which found everything completely normal. it's just not happening! I suppose all we can do is just keep trying.

Eko - I'm so so sorry. I know how you feel. I've had 3 early ones and it's like it's over before it even has sunk in.. I'm still not over them.
    Last edited by Lovable; 16-06-2012 at 23:46.