+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopefulandwaiting my sweet i hope hubs rethinks his decision and this isn't the end of your journey. Your feelings are normal and although i havent experienced that myself i think i would feel the same. Please take care and feel free to vent to us as much as you want, we are hear for you always.

Jazz1910.....oh hunny sorry to hear that for you too, im glad you are feeling positive about the future and i wish you all the best.

mat....goos to hear that you O'd, fingers crossed for you but sorry to hear your feeling crappy hope it doesnt last long.

AFM: im about cd 40ish....with no sign of O or AF, so i have started taking my provera to bring on AF then my 6th round of clomid. My blood tests came back negative hcg 2.0, so i can now move forward and ttc again yay.

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MATTALEE: I'm trying to be, but some days are harder than others. I've got an appointment to see the Dr on tuesday so i'll find out then if and when I will be having surgery. I'm quiet nervous actually. But we hope that one surgery is over and done with, we'll be blessed with a nice BFP too. Only time will tell. But fingers crossed all the same. For the both of us that is.

You're very welcome. That's what we're here for. To supoort one another when we're feeling down. It does help a great deal being on here and venting for whatever reason. And the kind words everyone offers helps sooth things a bit.

Are you sure you're not UTD? And be careful with DH's tummy bug because my niece and nephew have had it, my sister isn't 100% and my BIL is sick so it's definitely going around. Look after yourself and DH.
    Congrats on your promotion. That's awesome!

JAZZ: Oh Hun, i'm so sorry. How you holding up? I hope you're okay. If you ever want to talk, just let me know okay. Take care and please let us know how you went on monday.

H&W: Oh no! Why? I thought that you guys were going to give it a go at the end of April? I'm honestly shocked and don't know what to say, really? Well I hope that your DH changes his mind. And I can understand why you would feel angry and betrayed. I just want to give you the biggest right now. If you want to talk about it don't hesitate to PM. Take care Sweetie. xx

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jazz - I am so so sorry Please know that we're all here for you. Let us know how your appt goes on Monday. Thinking of you sweetie xx

H&W - I don't know what to say!! Has your DH given you a explaination why he doesn't want to do IVF - hopefully if you can understand why then it won't hurt so much? I'm really sorry, I don't know what else to say. Please drop in every now & again so we know how you're going xxx

Wickednails - CD40 - wow. Hopefully the provera brings AF soon & you can start again on the clomid.

HM2B - Try not to be too nervous about the surgery, I'm sure once it's all explained to you on Tuesday it will take away any fears & the excitement of knowing that it will bring you closer to your BFP will lessen your nervousness.

AFM - sickness gone - it's weird, I'm kind of bummed that the nauseous feeling is gone cos it means it was a bug & not a bub. But still positive about starting the clomid next cycle. So, now just want AF to arrive so it feels like I'm doing something worthwhile instead of waiting.

Hope you're all having a good weekend & to all those who need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by matalee View Post
    HM2B - Try not to be too nervous about the surgery, I'm sure once it's all explained to you on Tuesday it will take away any fears & the excitement of knowing that it will bring you closer to your BFP will lessen your nervousness.

AFM - sickness gone - it's weird, I'm kind of bummed that the nauseous feeling is gone cos it means it was a bug & not a bub. But still positive about starting the clomid next cycle. So, now just want AF to arrive so it feels like I'm doing something worthwhile instead of waiting.

Hope you're all having a good weekend & to all those who need them.
    Thanks Hun. I've had enough surgery not to be nervous, but I think that knowing this could be make or break for DH and I to have a bub is kind of frightening. Plus I did read some stuff about unblocking the tubes and how it's not 100% successful which made me burst into tears. But I guess i'll get the low down from the Dr tomorrow and hopefully it will ease my mind a bit. It's probably the reason why i'm not into my study at the moment. But thank you for your words of wisdom.

I'm sorry the sickness has gone. I was really hoping that it too was a bub not bug. But good luck with starting clomid next cycle. Hopefully that brings you a nice BFP.

AFM: Was pretty scared yesterday as I woke up feeling and light headed. Took my BP and it was lower than normal so spent all day at home. My mum drove me to my Chiro appointment this morning because she didn't want me to drive because i'm still not well, but in saying that, i'm off to pick DH up form the airport in 30 mins. Hope i'll be okay. Haven't felt like this for a while. I wonder if it has anything to so with the DR's appointment tomorrow? Am feeling very nervous and anxious about it.

The draw in my night stand looks so empty without any OPK's and HPT's cluttering it up. So weird not having to do any of that (for the time being anyway) and just having fun bumping uglies. Definitely takes the pressure of poor DH everytime O comes around. At least we can get back to the way it was and just enjoy each others company and have sex for the hell of it. Ahhhhh, the good old days. *sigh*

to those who are going to test and to those who got a BFN or AF. Hope you have a great week.

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HM2B - Silly me, I assumed you were nervous about the surgery, sorry. I understand now why you are a little nervous. Did the appt go well today? What does the surgery entail?

Sorry you're not well, do you feel better today, do you think it was stress?

AFM - My chiropractor is interested to see if him treating me weekly will help with me falling pregnant. Apparently chiro care for infertility hasn't been researched that much but many are of the opinion that it does help. So, he's going to cover the expense of every second visit. Which is great because I usually go every fortnight & now I'll just go weekly but it won't put us out of pocket. Chiro care helps with the nervous system & the 'reproductive' area on my back is always out of whack when I visit, so hopefully this will work.

I went to fill my script today for the clomid equivelent & the pharmacist was all confused because the drugs I've been prescribed are given to patients with breast cancer!?!?!?!? I told him I'm using them instead of clomid but he just wants to check with my doc before he gives me the drugs (my dr wasn't available when he rang).......kind of weird, but hopefully my dr knows what he's doing. Bit 'outside the square' if it's what he wants me to take. I think I'll consult Dr Google when I've finished posting this.

Hope you're all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by matalee View Post
    HM2B - Silly me, I assumed you were nervous about the surgery, sorry. I understand now why you are a little nervous. Did the appt go well today? What does the surgery entail?

Sorry you're not well, do you feel better today, do you think it was stress?

AFM - My chiropractor is interested to see if him treating me weekly will help with me falling pregnant. Apparently chiro care for infertility hasn't been researched that much but many are of the opinion that it does help. So, he's going to cover the expense of every second visit. Which is great because I usually go every fortnight & now I'll just go weekly but it won't put us out of pocket. Chiro care helps with the nervous system & the 'reproductive' area on my back is always out of whack when I visit, so hopefully this will work.

I went to fill my script today for the clomid equivelent & the pharmacist was all confused because the drugs I've been prescribed are given to patients with breast cancer!?!?!?!? I told him I'm using them instead of clomid but he just wants to check with my doc before he gives me the drugs (my dr wasn't available when he rang).......kind of weird, but hopefully my dr knows what he's doing. Bit 'outside the square' if it's what he wants me to take. I think I'll consult Dr Google when I've finished posting this.

Hope you're all well.
    I honestly wish I was having surgery, Hun. But all did not go well yesterday as you can read later down below.

I don't feel any better today. I honestly thought that after I went and saw the Dr I would be okay because I put it down to stress, but no. I'm still feeling light headed and dizzy. BP and BSL came back okay so I don't know what the goer is there. I don't think it could have anything to do with AF as i've nver gotten like this before when surfing the crimson wave.

I'm seeing a Chiro too and he wanted to help me with my fertility issues to but now that I have to 2 blocked tubes, there's nothing he can do about that. But my back and neck are feeling so much better now since coming to see him. I feel good for the first time in years. But I hope your Chiro can help you get that bit closer to getting your BFP.

AFM: Had my Dr's appointment yesterday and it wasn't good. Again it all comes down to my weight/BMI. She gave me the devastating news that I can't have surgery to have my tubes unblocked due to my BMI. No surgeon will want to operate on me because they think that I am a waste of time. She says that they (FS/surgeons) will say, "Why should we operate on a woman who clearly has a weight issue? She is/will be a liability and for us to do that wouldn't be worth it until she gets her BMI down to 35". So I guess you could say that I am now out of the running to be a mum until that happens. She checked King Edward Memorial hospital to see if they had a cut off point for BMI and there it was in black and white. Max BMI:35. I am completely gutted and blame myself for getting this fat. I know most of this weight came after the car accident 5.5 years ago, but I still had no excuse to not do some light exercises. I am trying to put on a brave face in front everyone, but behind closed doors i'm a complete mess. I literally cried myself to sleep last night and today I feel both physically and mentally exhausted. It's a huge blow and slap in the face, but I think it's the one I needed for me to finally realise that if I want to have a baby, I have to lose the weight. And the Dr said that IVF is the only way that it's ever going to happen. And not only that, but my AMH level was 13.9 which is borderline and age is against me too. They worked out that to get down to a BMI of 35, I need to lose 17-20kgs. She'll be happy if I can lose that much come June/July. Which honestly doesn't give me much time. Only 3-4 months. I'm so emotional right now and it doesn't help that i'm surfing the crimson wave too. I just can't believe that my chances of becoming a mum are slipping away. I was trying so hard to be optimistic, but after yesterday it's becoming extremely difficult.

I'm so sorry for putting a dampener on your day. I will try my hardest to start losing the weight and being more positive. I want my family and friends (which include you all) to be proud of me. I want to show everyone that I can do it. And now that I have one main goal in life, I will do everything and anything in my power to get that. I'm determined to become a mum. I will make it happen for DH and myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefull hunny you can do it....im doing the same thing atm, all docs have told me to lose weight. So my goal is to lose 15-20kg by june, i was going to do the optislim thing as one of my friends have done.
    She was going to have lap band surgery, but they wouldnt do it until she lost 10-20kg. She started the opti and had a homemade soup dinner and opti bars for snax inbetween. She lost 14.5kg in 8 weeks and had her surgery last week. She said it was tough to start with, but worth the effort.

The person at the chemist advised me to the fatblaster max with sylliam to boost my energy and curb sugar cravings, he recommended this because i dont eat alot or snack on bad stuff, i just have really low metabolism and energy levels and dont do enough exercise. He also told me to try to eat every 5 times a day to kick start my metabolism.

So we are over in the "trying to lose weight" forum if you want to come ova for a look. Hugs and squeezes for you today, we all have our down days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbanails For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (18-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefulmum
    I just wanted to pop my head in and say you can do it. I would highly recommend weight watchers online - it's a formula and it works and it is about making good choices and you really can eat lots of food - just good stuff. I've lost 34kgs in 8 months and I reckon you can achieve your goal in time. I had to face reality when I became too heavy to lift when I had my last d and c - that and I had complications. It is hard work but it gets easier when your body adjusts and you learn about the low point value foods. Don't doubt yourself - wake up tomorrow and take control of your dreams and your future.
    Xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to angelbubswithwings For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - how frustrating for you. Don't waste time feeling bad, get straight on the weight loss. I can't imagine a better incentive than a baby!! I had been a smoker for nearly 10 years and tried to quit several times. After DH and I got married we talked about getting pregnant, he said I would need to quit smoking first. I quit that week. DD was born before our first wedding anniversary.

I know you can do it, I have complete confidence in you! I have about 35kg I should lose so I know it will not be easy to get started.

I would normally wish you luck but you won't need it

X

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KazzyC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    WICKED: Thanks so much Babe. I have to lose about 17-20kgs and I think I have about until July so that give me 4 months. I've been doing the Optifast shakes for a while, but I think that i'll have to have them for breakfast and lunch now instead of just brekkie. I've already had the lap band surgery and i've lost just under 30kgs, but that's since April 06. So when you come to think of it, isn't really that much considering my DH had it done in October 09 and has lost over 66kgs! But i'm looking at going back to Jenny Craig or maybe doing Lite n Easy. But i'm going to get back into the Optifast that's for sure.

So at the moment, i'm just going to watch what I eat, get my band tightened and up my exercise. DH wants to get a cross trainer that we both can use and i'm going to start doing some light weight training seeing as I got the green light from my Chiro. So I hope that this should kick start something.

I'll try and stop by the "trying to lose weight" forum. Should be good to get some pointers and incite into what others are going through.

ANGEL: Thanks for your vote of confidence Hun. I was thinking of going back to do Jenny Craig as I lost quite a lot of weight a few years back when I was on it. Either that or will look into the Lite n Easy program. Would be great not having to cook when DH is not at home and on site. PINA cooking just for myself and eating the same meal for the next 3 days.

But that's fantastic losing 34kgs in 8 months. Well done! Keep up the great work!

I certainly will. I'm more determined than ever and I know I can do it. I've lost weight before and I know I can do it again. I have the love and support of my family and of all of you here, so there's not stopping me now.

KAZZY: It is very frustrating, but it was the slap in the face that I needed for me to get my A into G and finally do something about it. And like you said, there is no better incentive than a baby.

But thank you so much for the confidence you have in me. I greatly appreciate it. It's only 17-20kgs that I have to lose in about 4 months and if I put my mind too it, I think I might actually be able to pull this one off.

AFM:I just wanted to say a big huge thank you to you all for your support and kind words. You have really boosted my moral and i'm ready to take on the fat and lose the weight. I know I can do it and I have my family and friends for support on days when I think that I can't do it anymore. You are a bunch of fantastic women and i'm forever grateful. Massive to you all.
    Last edited by Hopefulmum2b; 18-03-2011 at 01:04.