+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    H&W: Unfortunately all did not go well yesterday. I've been hit and hit hard. Firstly they couldn't get the tube in because my cervix wouldn't open so they had to get a clamp to help it open and it hurt so bad that I hurt poor DH's hand because I squeezed it so hard. She had to use 2 tubes and they just kept bending, so the balloon was partially inserted using the second tube. Then they did the scan an found out that I have a fibroid in my uterus. They actually weren't too concerned about that and said that it shouldn't stop me from getting UTD. But then they found out that not 1 but both of my tubes are blocked because the solution was just pooling in my uterus! I am absolutely gutted, shocked, heart broken and can't stop . And to make matters worse, I can't see my Dr until the 14th March! I haven't had a decent sleep in days and i'm totally exhausted. I am glad that after all these years I finally have an answer as to why i'm can't fall pregnant, but it's still a massive shock to hear it. Plus DH's flight got canceled, so I picked him back up this morning so he's with me which is fantastic. But still, i'm in a daze right now and am wandering around like a lost sole or zombie. I know this can be fix, but it's a real shock to the system and knowing that it's setting us back in having kids is really upsetting.
    Oh sweetie big for you!! I know its hard right now but you do have answers and its better to know this than be ttc for year after year with no results. Did they say that your babies were possible ectopics because of the blocked tubes???

My drs are recommending ivf as our best option did they talk to you about this?? have you made an appointment with the fs or is that who has sent you for this?? (sorry I can't remember!!)

I am glad your dh is home with you babe cause I had to go through it on my own and it was not very nice!! Be kind to yourself and make sure you keep talking to your dh..

oh I forgot to say that when I made my app for the fs the nurse called me and said that I can call them at any time if I have any questions or concerns and they also have a councillor who can help you too...

I know its hard right now but this is a positive step towards your bubby...

I am thinking of you and will be here for you x x x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulandwaiting For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (06-03-2011)

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulandwaiting View Post
    I know its hard right now but this is a positive step towards your bubby...

Hopefulmum2be - I'm so glad that DH is there with you right now. And so sorry that you were in so much pain yesterday with the tests. Your FS appt will help you make sense of everything. It's a frightening step taking the IVF road but there's so much to gain by taking it and everything else that's been tested is perfect so that's a really good thing. Huge hugs for you

Hopefulandwaiting - how are you going?

3+1=4 - Sounds like you have all basis covered this month. Glad that the accupuncture is helping. So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. That's terrible. Hope you're all coping as best you can.

Wickednails - did you go to the GP & find out what was happening?

Angelsbubswithwings - so glad that you have got some answers & now you can take some positive steps. The clinic sounds amazing & so understanding. you get a BFP this month.

AFM - AF is here............again........so sick of seeing this silly little witch. When is enough enough? I can't give up TTC but I think I have to come to the hard reality that I may never hear a little person call me mum, we've been TTC far too long & nothing has come of it, so maybe it's just never going to happen. I try so hard to be positive but I think that staying positive just makes the fall harder.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to matalee For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (06-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mat...im doing fine..struggling my way through the dreaded two week wait!! I have been having symptoms but im so cautious not to get my hopes up because I have been stung so many times...but...my bb's are achy on and off..i feel ill on and off..i have a headache..i am soooo unbelievably tired that I cannot wait til bed time!! although I have to bake a caramel mud cake tonight and that will take around 3 hours so im still in for a long night!!

will not be testing until tuesday cause I dont have money to waste..my fs appointment is on thursday so will see what happens then....

big hugs to you..I hope the witch goes quickly and then stays away for another 9 or so months!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup did they are sending me to have bloods...hcg ones, they think its was just a bleed from the remnants (horrible word) of my mc. She said to wait till next thurs for the bloods, then hopefully my hcg level will be back to zero.

Im still having that pain i had when i was pregs though, low on my left O, but all is clear. So maybe im just sensitive or weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Wow, it's been quiet in here.........hope you're all ok.

Hopeful&waiting - did you end up testing on Tuesday? How was your FS appt? Hopefully they answered any questions you had. What's the next plan of action (that is of course if the test on Tuesday didn't show up a BFP)?

Hopefulmum2b - how are you going? Been thinking of you, hope you're ok.

AFM - I had my FS appt yesterday to get the results of my blood tests from tracking my cycle. Was going in there armed with books & ideas about what 'might' be wrong because usually all my blood tests (& every other test for that matter) shows nothing wrong. But to my surprise they found something a little abnormal. It's not necessarily completely out of the ordinary, still within the realms of 'normal' but it may be something to work with. The blood tests showed that my eostrogen (sp?) drops off too quickly when I ovulate but it's supposed to drop off gradually. So, I'm going on clomid as planned but this will help the eostrogen problem as well. So, I have to wait this cycle out (again with the waiting!!!!!) & then take the clomid next cycle. It's not actually clomid it's another drug that works exactly the same but it doesn't dry up the CM as much as clomid does - can't remember the name of it right now & the script is wayyyyy over the other side of the house which is just too far to walk (it's actually only 20 steps away but I'm feeling lazy).

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by matalee View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Wow, it's been quiet in here.........hope you're all ok.

Hopeful&waiting - did you end up testing on Tuesday? How was your FS appt? Hopefully they answered any questions you had. What's the next plan of action (that is of course if the test on Tuesday didn't show up a BFP)?

Hopefulmum2b - how are you going? Been thinking of you, hope you're ok.

AFM - I had my FS appt yesterday to get the results of my blood tests from tracking my cycle. Was going in there armed with books & ideas about what 'might' be wrong because usually all my blood tests (& every other test for that matter) shows nothing wrong. But to my surprise they found something a little abnormal. It's not necessarily completely out of the ordinary, still within the realms of 'normal' but it may be something to work with. The blood tests showed that my eostrogen (sp?) drops off too quickly when I ovulate but it's supposed to drop off gradually. So, I'm going on clomid as planned but this will help the eostrogen problem as well. So, I have to wait this cycle out (again with the waiting!!!!!) & then take the clomid next cycle. It's not actually clomid it's another drug that works exactly the same but it doesn't dry up the CM as much as clomid does - can't remember the name of it right now & the script is wayyyyy over the other side of the house which is just too far to walk (it's actually only 20 steps away but I'm feeling lazy).

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Hey Matalee,

Sorry I didnt post back in here..im trying to get my head around our fs appointment!! lol!! No BFP for me this month..af arrived in full swing on thursday.

Dh and I went to the fs on thursday and they told us that our only option is IVF. This is for 2 reasons...
    1 its the safest because they bypass my defective tubes taking away the risk of ectopic.
    2. they check the embryo before putting it back in to make sure its genetically ok..due to recurrent m/c..

if you had have asked my dh a week ago or even on monday if he would be doing IVF he would have given you a flat out NO. But i think because they have told us it is unsafe for us to fall pregnant on our own he has quickly realised this is our only hope. He has said that if he agrees to do it we will only be giving it one go...so im hoping thats all it takes!!!

Anyway, Ill keep you updated on how everything is going and hopefully I will get my BFP real soon!!! If we decide to go ahead we will be beginning at the end of April.

I am happy for you that your FS has found something that may be significant and they are now helping you on your road to becoming a mummy!!!! Good Luck babe!!

x x x x x x x

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    H&W: Thanks you so much for your support Sweetie. It means a lot knowing that I have that life line. I'm actually doing okay. I've come to the realisation, that having blocked tubes is not the end of the world (as you well and truely know) and can easily be fixed with some minor surgery. I'm thinking more positively now and am really glad that we finally have an answer to a queation that has been baffling us (and Dr's) for years. It's a huge relief that's been lifted and I feel good about it now. I haven't seen my Dr about the results yet and won't be until the 15th of this month, but I honestly don't think it could have been that, because otherwise how in heavens name did I fall pregnant those 3 times? Maybe they blocked up over the years? Who knows. But all will be reveald on the 15th.

I'm glad that they gave you the option of IVF. I think that's great for anybody who needs a little help with getting a bun in the oven. I still can't see a FS until my BMI is down to 35 and i've put off seeing another DR until I get my tubes unblocked because DH said that once I have them done, we might fall pregnant naturally and not need a FS. Fingers crossed that he's right. I mean, I did get UTD naturally the last 3 times (although I M/C), so hopefully it'll be lucky 4 for us. But it was just my GP who sent me for this scan as she is totally stummped as to why i'm not pregnant yet even though all my BT's, scans and tests have come back negative (besides the HyCoSy of course.)

DH was an absolute champion that day. He help my hand, stroked my hair and even when we came home, he cooked dinner too. Mainly because I was in so much pain and was hunched over like a 90 year old woman! But he made going through this so much better. He was my shoulder to cry on that night and i'm so greatful he was there with me. Plus I think the man upstairs may have wanted him to say that extra day with me because his flight back out to site the next morining was canceled. A blessing in disguise I think.
    With what I went through, I really felt sorry for you having to go it alone. You really do need someone there for support. I don't know how I could have managed without DH being there, but I tip my hat off to you Babe, for being such a strong woman and doing what you did.

So right now, i'm being kinder to myself and not blaming myself for this. It's not as if I wanted my tubes to block up. How was I to know and how could I have possibly done this to myself. I'm being more positive and optimistic as is DH and hopefully after I do have the surgery, we might finally be blessed with our own baby.

That's great news, Sweetie. And especially since you can call upon them when you need help or advice. That's great. It's good to have support not only from them, but from family and friends too. So even though i'm not going through the whole IVF thing, always know that i'm here for you whenever you need me. I'll even PM you my email address if you ever want to talk/vent xxxx

MATALEE: Thanks Sweetie. It was excrutiating pain and thank goodness I never have to go through that again. Not something you wish on your own enemy even, it was that bad.

IVF will still be on the back burner until my BMI is down to 35 as per requested my my GP. But we're hoping that once I get my tubes unblocked, DH and I may not even need IVF and i'll get pregnant naturally like my last 3 (and hope I carry to full term this time). But it is great finally knowing what is wrong with me and that it's nothing too serious which can be treated with simple surgery. Although i'm not too keen on the idea. Then again, who is?

But on the upside, I am doing okay now since the bomb results and am taking a more positive/optimistic approach to this situation. DH is thirlled with the results because, he was beginning to think that it may be him. I knew from the start that it wasn't, but after trying for this long I guess a man will begin to doubt himself in the end. So he's happy that we have an answer to the question..........why? Feels like a weight has been lifted and we can get on with our lives and take things in our stride. Plus with this being very minor and can be fixed, makes us even more determined to get the surgery done now so we can get back into TTC. After all, i'm not getting any younger and would like at least 1 bub before i'm 40!

I'm so sorry that stupid AF has arrived again. Please don't give up hope. Your time will come. I know that say that all good things come to those who wait, well I guess some just have to wait a little while longer. I'm positive that you will be "with child" by the end of the year. Hey who knows, we can be UTD together! But I was thinking the same as you not long ago and I know for a fact that it doesn't help matters. Please stay strong and optimistic and don't give up. Everyone deserves to be a mum be it to 1 bub or half a dozen. And it does make it harder when you've been trying to remain positive for so long, but once you're holding your bundle of joy in your arms, the wait will so be worth it. I promise. Our time will come very soon.

I'm glad that you yourself have gotten some answers. And at least it's not completely "abnormal". So i'm guessing that with the fast dropping oestrogen levels when you O is the cause of you M/Cing because your lining can't sustain a PG? Hopefully the chlomid type drug you start will sort things out and you'll be UTD before you know it.

Boy can I dribble some crap sometimes, but I was on a roll! Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend. Take care. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    H&W - sorry that AF showed up I'm glad that your DH has come around to the IVF idea. When you said you start in April, is that when all your appt's are with the nurses etc or have you already had those appt's? How do you feel about starting IVF? Nervous or excited? I know when I first began IVF I was quite nervous, but once I started I realised I had imagined it all alot worse than it really was. If you want to chat about anything I'm always here xxxx

HM2B - I'm so glad you're more positive now about your results. That's wonderful that it all can be fixed by surgery, and because everything else that's been tested is perfect on you & your DH than a BFP will sure to follow. When are you having the surgery? Thanks for your kind words, too, when I had my melt down a few posts ago .

Jazz - how are you going?

AFM - Well, I've o'd but seeing as though I didn't take the clomid (still can't remember the actual name of the drug so I think I'll just call it clomid) this cycle I'm sure nothing will come of it. I did feel nauseous these last few days & got quite excited until my DH also felt nauseous & is now in bed with a tummy bug. So much for the nauseousness (is that a word) being a pg symptom.
    Oh, I got the promotion of manager as well!!! Yay me!!!!

Hi everyone else
    Last edited by matalee; 11-03-2011 at 11:02. Reason: can't spell

11. The Following User Says Thank You to matalee For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (11-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    matalee congratulations on your promotion. Sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope you feel better soon.

To let you all know what is going on with me. I have had a couple of scans and blood tests ect and the doctors have confirmed that I have/had a blighted ovum. I am waiting for everything to settle down before we can start trying again. I have a follow up appointment on Monday to see my OBGYN and I will check with her about when I will be able to start TTC again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mat but my Dh has decided that ivf is no longer an option so this is the end of the road for me..

I feel empty and angry but I know I can't hate him for it but it's really hard to look at him right now..

I really hope you ladies get your much awaited bubbies..thanks for being so supportive of me x x