+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Jaci!!!!! It's so horrible though that you (and I imagine every woman who has had a M/C) can't feel that unabated excitement that we should feel when seeing those two lines. I hope you get BT and scan as soon as you want them so you can feel more at ease. Best wishes for a strong, sticky baby!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    3Plus I have my fingers crossed that this is a miracle month for you!! My DH had to go away for work when we TTC #2 and we last DTD about about 5 days before O so I was sure we were out. So, you never know. I have my fingers crossed!!

Hopeful I am so sorry that this wasn't your month.... is it possible you could still be. Lots of ladies don't get that BFP till much later. I don't want to give you false hope but you have been so confident with symptoms so perhaps you're still in the game this month? I hope so.

Metalee - How're you going? I took about 4 weeks to O and then 16 days before AF. It has been the longest 6 weeks but I am so excited to be back TTC. I hope your cycle gets back on track quickly.

Catkin - Hi, how're you doing?

Jazz - when are you going to test? I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Rosily - How're you feeling? Have you been to see your GP?

AFM - I have my post D&C (7 weeks) check-up tomorrow and will be telling my Ob we are ignoring his advice and will be TTC this cycle. I just need to know when we get that BFP if I have to have any extra BTs or scans - especially given we aren't waiting the 6 months we are supposed to (although if I lived in VIC the guidelines state that if your HCG hits 0 within eight weeks you can try again as soon as you like. So I am abiding by VIC guidelines just not the rest of Aus).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey Brynn

Wow - you're supposed to wait that long?! My OB said I could try again immediately both before and on the day of the D&C! (He did recommend not that night though...) I wonder why there is such a discrepancy. It was my first m/c though - does that make a difference?

Mind you I had no, and was offered no blood tests at any point either and lots of people on here seem to have loads of them?

Good luck to all those testing!

Cat x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats jaci! Am so happy for you!!!

Well...here come the positives...who's next I wonder???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brynn 6 months does seem like a very long time to wait to TTC again. I never really get why all of us get different advise from our doctors. Well best of luck with everything, I hope you are able to TTC and get UTD quickly. No I didn't test I ended up getting my period so all I can do is hope that next month is our month.

Jaci84 Congratulations on your I hope you have an uneventful 9 months and a happy healthy baby at the end of it.

3PLUS1equals4s I will have my that you get your christmas wish (I know that is mine too, I think it is probably everyones christmas wish).

Hopefulmum2b Sorry you got a , is it possible that you tested to early.

AFM well my period ended up coming (a week early again) I am pretty disappointed that we didn't get UTD this time. But I guess all I can do is hope that next month is the month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congrats to all the !! Here's hoping there's many more soon and huge to and milo all those with a witchy visit.

I have a question... I'm a Pom originally, married to an Aussie and I've only been over here 14 months so I'm still a bit confused by the Federal system *blush*. I don't *really* understand why all the states seem to be so different on things like this which, one might think, would be quite standard? My Ob is the president of RANZCOG, which I think is Aus and NZ so I'd have thought the advice he'd be giving me would be standard but it seems it's not. I'm a very very confused kitty right now!

Also, a lot of stuff I've read, including some quite recent research (me and hubby are/were both biologists) indicate it's actually better to get UTD again soon after a m/c, certainly within 6 months so I'm even more confused as to why some people are told to wait? I understand from doc's I've spoken to that most are advised to wait a couple of months but that that is mostly so the emotional stuff is sorted and that there is rarely a physical reason to do so - and one would have thought that if there was any concrete reason for needing to wait that it would be explained (you'd hope anyway?).

Anyway, confused ramble over...
    Last edited by Catkin; 27-10-2010 at 08:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jazz - sorry to hear AF turned up. I hope you and all the lovely ladies here get that BFP really soon.

Jazz and Catkin - I had a partial molar pregnancy which basically means some of the cells from the placenta have gone rogue (due to 2 sperm fertilising one egg). For some women the cells are persistent and even after the M/C their HCG levels do not drop. The risk is that the cells can travel and become cancerous (very small chance of that though). There is some suggestion that getting pregnant too soon and the rogue cells may return. The Uk, the US and most of Aus have guidelines that you should wait 6 months for a partial molar and 12 for a full. Vic though state that as long as your levels return to 0 within 8 weeks of the M/C (d&c) then you don't have to wait. I have read a lot (although only the abstracts of research as I don't have access to the journals) and am comfortable with not waiting. A number of other women here on BH also didn't wait. Catkin - there does appear to be a lot of differing opinion on when women with M/C should attempt again but I haven't read anything that stated a higher risk of M/C if you try again straight away. If it wasn't for the partial we would have tried straight the first cycle after D&C. Actually my Ob initially said we could try straight away but after speaking with a colleague he changed his advice. I guess there a few different reasons why women miscarry and perhaps that accounts for the different response from Obs??? I don't really know. I see my Ob this afternoon so i will see what he says.

Sorry - that was a ramble but did it partially explain things?

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
    Hopeful I am so sorry that this wasn't your month.... is it possible you could still be. Lots of ladies don't get that BFP till much later. I don't want to give you false hope but you have been so confident with symptoms so perhaps you're still in the game this month? I hope so.

AFM - I have my post D&C (7 weeks) check-up tomorrow and will be telling my Ob we are ignoring his advice and will be TTC this cycle. I just need to know when we get that BFP if I have to have any extra BTs or scans - especially given we aren't waiting the 6 months we are supposed to (although if I lived in VIC the guidelines state that if your HCG hits 0 within eight weeks you can try again as soon as you like. So I am abiding by VIC guidelines just not the rest of Aus).
    I honestly don't know. I'm now CD28 and I haven't had a 28 DC since april last year! I alternate between a 26-27 DC. So this months should be 26. The last time I POAS was sunday. I'm going to give till the end of the week before I test again. With my cycles being so regular, this one is very unusual. Unless it has a lot to do with me being sick. But i've read that anitbiotics doesn't affect anything so who know? So i'm one very confused person right now.

How did you go with the check up today? Hope all went well and you're allowed to start TTC again.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz1910 View Post
    Hopefulmum2b Sorry you got a , is it possible that you tested to early.

AFM well my period ended up coming (a week early again) I am pretty disappointed that we didn't get UTD this time. But I guess all I can do is hope that next month is the month.
    Thanks Jazz. I don't know. I may have tested early. Like I said to Brynn, my cycles have been pretty regular so having a 28 DC is very unusual for me. I'm still going to wait till at least friday and if I still don't have AF yet, then i'll POAS.

Sorry AF arrived early. I hope that next month is your month. especially for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
    I have a question... I'm a Pom originally, married to an Aussie and I've only been over here 14 months so I'm still a bit confused by the Federal system *blush*. I don't *really* understand why all the states seem to be so different on things like this which, one might think, would be quite standard? My Ob is the president of RANZCOG, which I think is Aus and NZ so I'd have thought the advice he'd be giving me would be standard but it seems it's not. I'm a very very confused kitty right now!

Also, a lot of stuff I've read, including some quite recent research (me and hubby are/were both biologists) indicate it's actually better to get UTD again soon after a m/c, certainly within 6 months so I'm even more confused as to why some people are told to wait? I understand from doc's I've spoken to that most are advised to wait a couple of months but that that is mostly so the emotional stuff is sorted and that there is rarely a physical reason to do so - and one would have thought that if there was any concrete reason for needing to wait that it would be explained (you'd hope anyway?).

Anyway, confused ramble over...
    After my M/C's the doctor told us that we could start TTC straight away as long as I was up to it emotionally and physically. She said that they were the deciding factors and if I was okay, then we should go for it. The only reason I can think of for them telling you to wait, is if they found the reason why you M/C in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Congrats on all the BFP's!!! It's been a while since I popped on.

I just wanted to say good luck to Brynn. I found out about my partial molar in June and we started TTC after 8 weeks No BFP yet but FX it isn't too far away!

Baby dust to everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Catkin Glad to hear your Ob appt. went well. I didn't O until 4 weeks after the D&C. i think most women O between 2 and 4 weeks after the D&C so I hope you are at the earlier end!!

Hopeful I'll keep my fingers crossed then that there's still a happy ending for you this cycle.

Hales Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry to hear that BFP is being elusive. I hope you get your strong sticky bub this cycle!! DH and I have decided to try again after waiting one cycle. So technically it's only been 7 weeks since the D&C.

AFM - the Ob appt went well. My latest BT showed my hcg to be negative. I haven't seen him since the D&C but have spoken on the phone about the partial molar (first time he called to tell me about the pathology and then 2 more times after my BT to give me the results) so he started off with saying that he knows I don't want to wait 6 months so he had spoken to an oncologist who stated 3 months would be ok. I laughed and said no that we had decided to TTC now. He was amused and said that I was cutting it a bit fine but was making an informed decision and he was comfortable with that. He wanted to send me for another BT but decided not to bother when I confirmed DH and I are BDing without raincoats... I think I might of blushed at that ... He just recommended an early scan with the next pregnancy with a focus on the placenta to make sure all is ok. We move in a few weeks so i will be seeking a new GP and Ob. I am a little sad about that, it would have been nice to have continuity. Now, to find that energy to BD every 2nd night for the next week or so (I usually have 28 -32 day cycles so trying to cover all bases). I spoke to DH about getting OPKS but he said we should just BD more often - ha ha. Oh well, he should enjoy it while it lasts!!

Hope everyone is traveling well.