+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    Have been lurking for a while and reading posts and thought it was probably time to say hello. I had a missed m/c last month and a d&c on 31st Aug. The pregnancy was a complete surprise - our last two were ivf and we didn't want to do that again. I thought I was more than happy with my 2, but then I got used to the idea and was getting really excited to have another. Well, that was not to be but now we have decided to keep trying for a few months and see what happens. I know my age is against us, but who knows???

My BF found out she was pg three weeks after me - she's still pg and I'm very happy for her but sometimes it's a bit weird. We talk usually two times a day so I hear all the details . . . .

Hope everyone is feeling well and positive today. Congratulations on the BFP's - you so deserve it after what you've been through.
    Jacinta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi1901 View Post
    Hi Lovelies!

We have just returned from Bali after a perfect wedding and beaitiful familymoon!

I have had a quick read - hope you're all doing well!

I tested yesterday and got a brilliant our little bundle is due May 22nd - have an ultrasound booked in for the 28th and hope everything is ok - I am feeling very calm about this pregnancy - with bubble I had a bit of a feeling it wasn't right - so I am sure the u/s will reveal a healthy little bubba
    Hi indah we were in the same due thread (feb) good luck ttc - sending loads of baby dust your way!
    Hi Andi - congrats on your marriage and your BFP - what a beautiful way to start your married life together. I hope you have a sticky, healthy, problem-free 9 months!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaci84 View Post
    Hi All!

Hopeful - I'm so sorry about your m/c's! I know how devistated I was and you've had to go through that 3 times! It's just not fair! I really hope you get some good news soon!

Brynn - Hope you don't mind me following you to this thread. I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for you and you can ttc really soon. I have an appointment at the hospital with a gynaecologist on Thursday next week so I'm hopeful I will get some answers then :
    Hi Jaci - hope you are feeling ok. Any change with your symptoms? I have found the ladies here to be very welcoming and full of knowledge - I am glad you found your way here

Quote Originally Posted by angelbubswithwings View Post
    Hi Girls

Well yes i know i'm not officially ttc until March next year but as the time draws closer and the countdown begins i have been popping in and seeing what your all up to and just couldn't help myself - have to drop in and was hoping you would have me back in the thread even though i'm not ttc quite yet.

AFM, well DH is away working Perth at the moment. I will see him next weekend when he comes home for a couple of days. Its my 30th so we are going to go and stay away for a night and then have my birthday lunch on the Sunday.

Although i am not ttc, i stopped taking the pill last cycle because it was making me feel all stroppy and yuck and i figure with all the experience of trying to catch an egg - i can use that to not catch an egg too!

I have started volunteering for TLC in Vic and will keep one of our local hospitals stocked with teddies and resources. I am going to a walkathon on Sunday and feel really good about the work i am doing with them - it's helping me heal and to talk about my losses and start to properly move on if you know what i mean.

I am also on a massive health kick - heading onto a 6kg loss now. I have a hazy memory of waking up after my last d and c and being told by the surgeon that i really need to lose some weight. She is right and it was really crunch time. I am almost back to what i was before my first miscarriage but will then still have another 24kgs to get down to my healthy weight range which is 74kgs for my height, bang smack in the middle. I am doing really well and have been following the Harcombe Diet. It is great because after the sugar got out of my system i am not hungry and basically for breakfast eat a brown rice cereal, for lunch a salad of ham, beetroot, corn, olives and eggs and then for dinner some meat and veg. I adapted really quickly and the only snacks i have are a handful of nut and fruit mix sometimes if i just want to grab at something. I am also drinking lots of water. I am determined to get back into my healthy weight range before i ttc again next year. I know plenty of bigger women have babies but it is the only thing that i have control over - because i don't know the cause of my two miscarriages, i also can't do anything to change the next pregnancy but i can lose a whole heap of weight.

Anyway enough blabbing

xxx
    hi Angelbubswithwings - TLC sounds like an amazing organisation - such a heart breaking job though. i think it is really lovely for you to be involved.

Congats on the weight loss - that diet sounds like really hard work. You must be really motivated. I felt a little guilty reading your post - I was in the middle of eating a chocolate bar!!

I understand what you mean about the pill - I went off it years ago and won't go back

Have the drs told you to wait to TTC?

Quote Originally Posted by AJGirl08 View Post
    Hi girls!

Have been a bit lazy with posting and figured it was about time!

Andi CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! : Wonderful wonderful news and about time we had a BFP in here!

Jaci, Candy, Brynn I'm sorry, have I even said hello yet?! Gawd...can't even remember what I did this morning. (I'm blaming it on my 2.5 yr old, she's given me a permanent case of 'toddler brain'...the late stages of 'baby brain'!)

AFM - tonight we go into 2nd cycle of TTC post ectopic. Feeling a bit underwhelmed to say the least! Oh well, keeping the eyes on that prize. DP has an insane workload and almost let out a pathetic yelp when I told him we were back into it. "What?!" he says..."isn't it meant to be the end of the month?!" "Well darling, my period was early..." "oh..." (an almost inaudible grunt)
    Ahhhhhh...romance!
    Hi AJGirl I can't remember if we have met either. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old so I will also blame it on toddler brain

I found your story about TTC funny - I have given up any pretense of DTD being about anything but getting UTD. Poor DH. Although oddly enough TMI I have found myself more "interested" in DTD since the D&C. I think this maybe because I was told not to do it for 2 weeks. Must be the rebel in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    Thanks Tash. xxx I'm hoping that this holiday makes us nice and relaxed so that we can come back with all guns blazing and start fresh with TTC.
    I have everything crossed for you hun. I hope that when I get back, you'll have some good news for me.

I honestly don't think 30kgs is a great accomplishment. It did take me nearly 2 years just to lose that. DH lost 62kgs in 11 months! I'm so very proud of him and I just wish that I could do the same, but if I get upset, I eat. It's a vicious and very bad habit that after 30 odd years, is very hard to break. This holiday is what both DH and I need. We'll come back nice and rested and get back on the TTC wagon when we get back.
    Hi Hopeful - I think you have left for your holiday - I hope you have a relaxing time and come home rejuvenated.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PLUS1equals4s View Post
    hello everyone iv just read all your posts n this thread is getting longer sorry to met in here to the new girls. heres my latest news ,iv just completed 5 days on 100mg of clomid which is double the strength iv been on before, and im currently on cd10. iv been using opks ever since trying to conceive n they have always been positive n accurate however i just thought i would test on cd9 jsut to see how i was going as im like clockwork on o on cd13/14 so i just thought i would start early this time. well i got a positive on cd9 n i thought way too early so i rang fs and trhey got me in for a scan, not o yet but i have 3 good size follicles in the making which is a good sign but my lining looked tooo thin which worries me a little, but it is too early in cycle and he said you have to give it time to build up. the downside of clomid is it does thin the lining out. anyway fs said try not to rely on the opks as you might get a false read with taking the clomid. temps charts are much more acurate. so i had dp bailed up for those 2 days and i wasn even ovulating but it never hurts to cover days just in caseso now doc has told us to try on cd13, 14, and 16 which is in a few days. today is also our babys due date and i feel pretty good and i can finally let her go and feel confidant to allow our new baby to come into our lives.i haven had too many side effects on the higher dose of clomid apart from some anxiety n a feww more tears . we ahve also been given the facts on our chances in ttc we can keep trying with clomid for a few more cycles or we could use donor eggs to speed up the process as a 26 yr old eggs would give us a pregnancy. even though we have no fertility problems my eggs are the age they are they dont get any younger , but with all my levels and tests n hormones being monitered on the inside im alot younger than on the outside so that is why doc is happy for us to keep going .
    Good luck with this cycle - I really hope the extra clomid works for you

Quote Originally Posted by jacinta53;51:43843
    Hi Everyone,
    Have been lurking for a while and reading posts and thought it was probably time to say hello. I had a missed m/c last month and a d&c on 31st Aug. The pregnancy was a complete surprise - our last two were ivf and we didn't want to do that again. I thought I was more than happy with my 2, but then I got used to the idea and was getting really excited to have another. Well, that was not to be but now we have decided to keep trying for a few months and see what happens. I know my age is against us, but who knows???

My BF found out she was pg three weeks after me - she's still pg and I'm very happy for her but sometimes it's a bit weird. We talk usually two times a day so I hear all the details . . . .

Hope everyone is feeling well and positive today. Congratulations on the BFP's - you so deserve it after what you've been through.
    Jacinta
    Hi Jacinta - I think we were in the due in April thread together. Sorry to find you in here. I think it would be really difficult to listen to your friend - you sound like a strong woman to be there for her despite how you're feeling. A few days after my D&C I avoided a lady I knew as she had just had a baby and I didn't have the energy to try and be upbeat about her newborn. I am happy for them but I was just too drained.

I hope you get UTD really soon with a strong and sticky bub.

AFM - still plodding along. Nothing new going on. Hope you are all having lovely weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Can I hang here for awhile? I am sorry for all your losses. How much does it truly suck to be in this position?

We are not TTC at the moment but I have been following this thread for a few days and feel that maybe you could help me and dh figure how to move forward?

We lost our little squishy at 9 weeks 9 days ago. At 6 and half weeks an early scan picked up a heart beat but it was slow so for 3 weeks we had to keep going back to the Drs to check if bub was still with us. We were told we had a dying baby that would 100% not make it. So we just had to wait for the heart to stop and for my body to realize. Well bubs heart stopped at 9 weeks but my hcg just kept on going up so I opted to have a D&C done.

My Dr was also concerned that it might have been a partial molar pg and if so we wont be able to try for 6 months, maybe 12 if not everything was removed with D&C. I have to see Dr again this week for results and for more bloods and scans. I am over all of that and am tired of been poked and probed. I am also sad and angry and confused... all the usual stuff. Its only been 9 days and my hormones are up and down and all over the place.

Dh has gone overseas for 8 days for work - he had no choice, such bad timing! He left today. I thought I would be ok but today was a very low day. I feel like I have lost him too (i know that is silly) but I just feel such loss right now. I feel like I have lost so much this year already. I just feel huge loss!

I dont know when or if we will ever try again but I thought if it was ok I could just hang out here and vent and cry a little with you girls who understand and maybe I will figure out what I want along the way?

Thanks for listening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JaxM

I am really sorry for your loss. We were in the due in April thread together and we had our scans on the same day. I remember seeing your scan about the HB. My scan also didn't go well. They couldn't see a baby. I was offered a D&C straight away but opted to wait a week and see my Ob. He confirmed the blight ovum and I asked for a D&C. My HCG levels were going up not down. It's been a almost two weeks since the D&C and I felt that I had started to deal with the loss and was looking forward to TTC again. But my Ob phoned this week and told me it was a partial molar and I needed to be monitored. I have had my first BT and have another this week. It looks good so far.

My heart breaks for you. I understand how crappy you are feeling Those three weeks must have been so difficult for you and your DH.

I hope you drs appointments this week go well. The ladies here are really supportive and a wealth of knowledge. I am thinking of you - I hope the 8 days till DH gets home goes quickly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brynn - Thanks for the reply! Hi to all the other ladies too!

Its so nice to wake up and read words of encouragement and support. Thank you so much for your reply. I remember you, Jacinta and Gummi from the April thread. I remember I was so sad for you all.

Whats hard with the partial molar is that you cant begin trying right away and you have additional concerns about your health for the next 6 months. I really hope they go quickly for you and that your TTC period that follows is not too long!

I am feeling better today. One day down, 7 to go before DH is back. The nights are the hardest but we will get through them!

Have a great Sunday everyone! Its freezing here in Brissie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

JaxM - I'm so sorry for your loss. That would have been awful knowing that and not being able to do anything about it. I lost my bub at 9 weeks but didn't find out til 15weeks! Here I am thinking everything was fine and for the last 6 weeks it wasn't! I used to be a bit of a skeptic but mum took me to this really good psychic. She told me that I lost a little boy and that he is ready to come back to me very soon. I guess it helped me to emotionally move on knowing that he was being looked after and that he would return when the time is right. I believe that everything happens for a reason and when the time is right our little angels will come back to us

AFM - Af has finally visited me today! I know it's weird but I have never been so excited to see her! The waiting and not knowing is finally over and I now have a starting point to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, can I join?

Firstly I'm so sorry for your losses

I found out I had a missed m/c at my 12 week scan. Bub measured at about 8wks. DH and I were devastated, but deep down I knew something wasn't right. The frustrating thing is that I asked my GP for an early scan but he didn't think it was necessary.

I then found out it was a partial molar pg. I had a few blood tests to make sure my levels were coming down and within 2 months they were completely negative, and we got the all clear to start TTC again

AF has just packed her bags so we can start BDing again. This is cycle #2 TTC after my missed m/c.

I hope everyone gets their BFP's really soon!! and I look forward to getting to know you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies
    I might join in here too, I know a few of you from the 'waiting' thread, and figured we are actively TTC so would pop in and say hi.

For those that haven't seen me around b4, my story in short- Have not m/c'd, but our DS#1 was stillborn @ 31.4wks in May this yr. I'm curently in the TWW, on the first cycle that we have actively tried to catch the eggy train for bub #2
    Our son died as a result of severe undiagnosed pre-eclampsia (no thx to my incompetent doctor ), so for bub #2 we have to up stumps and move to the city to get the appropriate level of care. This is not how we saw 2010 going....fingers crossed 2011 will be a happier year for us.

I am not temp testing, just using maybe baby and plenty of BD'ing . Busting to POAS but its a bit early! Maybe next wk. My DH is convinced I am UTD, I'm trying (foolishly) to not get my hopes up. Playin it cool & takin a ! (To the onlooker anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jaci - what a lovely thought that your little will return to you I think we all have to be gentle with ourselves and let ourselves think and believe what we need to to get through this! I hope your bub returns soon!

Hi hales! I remember you from the TTC threads (i think). Sorry you have found yourself here but glad to hear that your levels have come down and you can try again. Hopefully this time round is the winner

Hi PA80, I have read so much of your story of the last couple of days! You have been so brave and even though I dont know you my heart breaks at the thought of what you have gone through. I pray that you and DH get your baby soon. I know it is better to move past these things than to dwell on them but I just cant believe your Dr missed a condition like pre- eclampsia! I am gob smacked although I know that does not help you so I will shut up! Anyway, I mean this in the nicest way but i hope you move out of here and into the pregnant threads asap!

AFM - spent the arvo with some mates and had a few glasses of the white! Feeling good at the mo 6 days to go when I wake up tomorrow!

One minute I want to try immediately and then the next I think we have 2 happy healthy kiddies and I should just stop while I am ahead. I am a freaking seasaw at the moment and cant make up mind. I guess the fear of having to go through this again is holding me back. I suppose with time the desire for another bub will be greater than the fear as I will forget a little? maybe? is that how it goes?
    I am so up and down at the moment - blaming the hormones! Anyway, thats my for tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Jax of course you can hang out! We all understand and are here if you need us. I'd have to say yes, the desire for another baby definitely overwhelms the fear. Personally I know I'll never forget any of this, it's just that it all shifts to where the pain and grief are no longer raw.

Jaci hooray for AF! This'll be the one and only time she's welcome!

hales I haven't been in the position of a missed M/C but can certainly imagine how heartbreaking it must be to find out at your 12 week scan.
    I don't quite understand why GPs refuse early scans?!...I seem to read it here on BH all the time. I see them as just the professional I'm paying to write the referral, it's not like I'm asking for a script for crack!

Hi PA great to see you in here! Fingers crossed there's a ticket on that train with your name on it!

Where are you tash? Having some quiet time at the mo?

A big hi to everyone not mentioned, hope you're all doing ok.

AFM - I am both shocked and amazed...DP has willingly, yes you read right, WILLINGLY DTD every night since I told him we were back into TTC! We usually BD every 2nd night for about a week but on night 2, when he appeared naked and asked why I wasn't in bed, I didn't have the heart to tell him he had the night off! And the best part is, for the first time in a loooooong time we have actually had some fun. I mean, we love each other desperately but like you Brynn there definitely is no pretense that DTD is anything other than trying to get UTD! *sigh*

Anyhoo...
    Yay it's Sunday, the start of our weekend!