+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaci84 View Post
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining your thread.

I had a 6 week missed m/c and had the d&c on the 6th of July. It has been 10 weeks now and I'm still waiting for af to come. Just wondering how long have you waited for af after m/c? My partner and I did try 2 weeks after the d&c and I have been having loads of pregnancy symptoms but 5 BFN's! Also had an ultrasound 2 1/2 weeks ago which showed nothing unusual except for a corpus luteum on my left ovary. My doctor is less than helpful and I'm thinking I'm going crazy with all these symptoms!

Goodluck everyone with your BFP's!!
    Welcome Jaci. Sorry to see you on this tread, but you're in the right place for help and support.
    I can't remember much about my 3 M/C. It's a part of my life that I really don't want to go through again. But I've been told that a lot of women are actually at their most fertile after a M/C. But since you've been trying for a bit with BFN's, maybe you'd want to wait until after AF finished? Or go ask for a blood test. That way you'll get a definite + or - result. And i'd honestly go get a second opinion if your doc isn't being very helpful. Going through something like this, you need a good doc. I hope your stay here isn't a long one and you get some good answers very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Candy~ View Post
    Another one joining you ladies

I miscarried on father's day and have now stopped bleeding...so I'm now waiting to see if I'm going to ovulate this month
    Sorry for your loss Candy. We are all here to support and help you whenever you need it. Hope you lay and egg soon and end up with some good news to take your sadness away.

Hopefulmum2b

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hey all

Jaci.. candy... welcome aboard. Im so sorry for your losses I hope your stay here is short lived.

Jaci my af returned 24 days after my d&c. My cycles were all over the place for months afterwards ranging from 21 to 34 days. The past 3 months they have seemed to settle back in to about 28 days. Everybody is different when it comes to af returning but 10 weeks seems like a very long time. Have you had bloods to make sure your hcg returned to 0? Sounds like a new doctor could be in order!

Hopeful... i hope you get your bub soon you deserve it

afm... once again in the 2ww arrgghhh! I don't know why 2 weeks seems like forever compared to the 10 months ive been waiting lol! Trying not to get my hopes up too much this month. Next month will be out as dp is going away for a week right when im due to O then im sure my stupid surgery wont be too far off so im thinking this is my last chance

How is everybody else travelling? Anybody due to test?

Lytte and jazz... good to see you both in here

Brynn any more news yet hun?

Hope everybody is well..

Tash x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Yeah am feeling a bit down right now. That really isn't an accomplishment. It took me 2.5 years to lose that 30kg. DH had his op done last october and he's lost a staggering 62 kgs! I now weigh more than him! Funnily enough I did Jenny Craig a few years back. Lost quite a bit of weight too, but then after our car accident, I couldn't excercise and piled it all back on and then some. My ideal BMI for my height (157cm) is around 62kg. DH thinks that that is stupid and can't imagine me being that small, so for me to get to get to see a FS, I need to get down to about 80kg which means getting a BMI of 32. But i'm like you. I'm an emotional eater also and with everything that's been happening the last couple of months, lets just say, food is my friend. I was doing so well too. I was on my tread mill for 30 mins everyday and then, it stuffed up so I haven't been on it for months. I hope that I can get over this and stop feeling sorry for myself. I won't be losing weight that way, that's for sure. I'm going to start fresh with a clean slate when we come back from our hols, and hopefully i'll see some resluts come Christmas time. ]
    I still think that 30kgs is an accomplishment - you need to be kind to yourself I am sorry to hear about your accident - injuries make it incredibly difficult to maintain weight. I hope that you come back rested from your holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz1910 View Post
    Brynn, I hope the results are good news for you.

Congrats to TSG2011 best of luck for a non eventful 9 months.

I have been lurking around reading this thread regularly but I have not really been ttc at the moment so I haven't been posting. Just thought that I would say a welcome to the new ladies and also a sorry that you find your self here. As for the few that I do know hope you get your soon you have been in here too long.

Sorry that this post has not been personal one but I am too tired to do personals at the moment.
    Hi Jazz - hope all is well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    That's aweful, hun. I bet your a bundle of emotions right now. At least they found out why you M/C'ed. That's a really good start. I'm reading a book right now called "Pregnancy Loss: Surviving miscarriage and stillbirth". It's a great book telling you everything you need to know about your loss and how to deal with it, what to do, and how to lower your your % of it happening again. It does talk about partial molar PG's too. I just picked it up from Target. It's worth the read. But I really do hope that it's only 6 months before you can start TTC again. I've got my for you hun. xx
    Thanks Hopeful. In one way DH and I are taking the partial molar as a positive - it was just a "freak" thing 1 in 1000. Have to find that silver lining

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining your thread.
    Hi Jaci - is your appt tomorrow? I hope you get some answers. If not I think it is time to dr. shop. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Candy~ View Post
    Another one joining you ladies

I miscarried on father's day and have now stopped bleeding...so I'm now waiting to see if I'm going to ovulate this month
    hi Candy. Sorry for your loss. I hope your cycle returns quickly for you. Can I ask if you are using OPK to check for O? I had a d&c last week and had been thinking about using OPKs to try and see where my cycle is at. I am usually clockwork so the not knowing when it will return is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    hey all

afm... once again in the 2ww arrgghhh! I don't know why 2 weeks seems like forever compared to the 10 months ive been waiting lol! Trying not to get my hopes up too much this month. Next month will be out as dp is going away for a week right when im due to O then im sure my stupid surgery wont be too far off so im thinking this is my last chance

Hope everybody is well..

Tash x
    Hi Tash . I hope the TWW flies by for you and at the end is a BFP and Yes I have some news Thanks for asking

AFM: I had HCG levels checked yesterday morning and my lovely Ob called with my results yesterday afternoon. My level is down to 695 which he is happy with. I have another test next week and if that is around 70 I will have one more in 3 weeks (right before the 6 week check) to confirm that it has gone to 0. I asked about whether we had to wait for 6 months and he said he needed to confirm with colleagues but in his opinion NO!!! He said that once the hcg is down to 0 he said we could try again. Although before the d&c he told me to wait for two cycles so I will need to clarify this. I am very happy but am trying to ground myself and not get too carried away. I would hate to start planning (in my head anyway) and then find out my levels have gone up. I am feeling really positive though.

Hi to anyone I have missed. Hope you are all traveling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovelies!

We have just returned from Bali after a perfect wedding and beaitiful familymoon!

I have had a quick read - hope you're all doing well!

I tested yesterday and got a brilliant our little bundle is due May 22nd - have an ultrasound booked in for the 28th and hope everything is ok - I am feeling very calm about this pregnancy - with bubble I had a bit of a feeling it wasn't right - so I am sure the u/s will reveal a healthy little bubba

Hi indah we were in the same due thread (feb) good luck ttc - sending loads of baby dust your way!

Brynn - hi! sorry to hear about the possibility of a blighted ovam (partial) I am thinking of you and hope the bloods bring good news xoxoxo

Hi hope, lytte and everyone I missed - love and baby dust to you all!

A xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
    hi Candy. Sorry for your loss. I hope your cycle returns quickly for you. Can I ask if you are using OPK to check for O? I had a d&c last week and had been thinking about using OPKs to try and see where my cycle is at. I am usually clockwork so the not knowing when it will return is frustrating.

Thank you all for the welcome

Brynn- no OPK here, I have always gone by the Billing's Method

WOW- Congratulations Andi and all the best for a sticky bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

Hopeful - I'm so sorry about your m/c's! I know how devistated I was and you've had to go through that 3 times! It's just not fair! I really hope you get some good news soon!

Tash - I haven't had bloods done. The doctor just did a urine test and sent me for an ultrasound. 10 weeks is a long time from what I've heard which is why I'm getting a little worried. I did have some really light spotting about a month ago now. Maybe that could have been af? But I'm also having the same pregnancy symptoms as last time and over the last week I have doubled in size around my waist! I look like I'm 12 weeks pregnant! Mum is certain I'm pregnant but I think my body is playing tricks on me. I really don't want to set myself up for disappointment!

Brynn - Hope you don't mind me following you to this thread. I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for you and you can ttc really soon. I have an appointment at the hospital with a gynaecologist on Thursday next week so I'm hopeful I will get some answers then

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Girls

Well yes i know i'm not officially ttc until March next year but as the time draws closer and the countdown begins i have been popping in and seeing what your all up to and just couldn't help myself - have to drop in and was hoping you would have me back in the thread even though i'm not ttc quite yet.

Congrats on the BFP Andi xx

Hi Tasha, hope your keeping well and that your cycles go back to normal quick smart!

So sorry for your loss Candy, great supportive group of women in here xx

Hi to everyone else!

AFM, well DH is away working Perth at the moment. I will see him next weekend when he comes home for a couple of days. Its my 30th so we are going to go and stay away for a night and then have my birthday lunch on the Sunday.

Although i am not ttc, i stopped taking the pill last cycle because it was making me feel all stroppy and yuck and i figure with all the experience of trying to catch an egg - i can use that to not catch an egg too!

I have started volunteering for TLC in Vic and will keep one of our local hospitals stocked with teddies and resources. I am going to a walkathon on Sunday and feel really good about the work i am doing with them - it's helping me heal and to talk about my losses and start to properly move on if you know what i mean.

I am also on a massive health kick - heading onto a 6kg loss now. I have a hazy memory of waking up after my last d and c and being told by the surgeon that i really need to lose some weight. She is right and it was really crunch time. I am almost back to what i was before my first miscarriage but will then still have another 24kgs to get down to my healthy weight range which is 74kgs for my height, bang smack in the middle. I am doing really well and have been following the Harcombe Diet. It is great because after the sugar got out of my system i am not hungry and basically for breakfast eat a brown rice cereal, for lunch a salad of ham, beetroot, corn, olives and eggs and then for dinner some meat and veg. I adapted really quickly and the only snacks i have are a handful of nut and fruit mix sometimes if i just want to grab at something. I am also drinking lots of water. I am determined to get back into my healthy weight range before i ttc again next year. I know plenty of bigger women have babies but it is the only thing that i have control over - because i don't know the cause of my two miscarriages, i also can't do anything to change the next pregnancy but i can lose a whole heap of weight.

Anyway enough blabbing

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Have been a bit lazy with posting and figured it was about time!

Andi CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wonderful wonderful news and about time we had a BFP in here!

Jaci, Candy, Brynn I'm sorry, have I even said hello yet?! Gawd...can't even remember what I did this morning. (I'm blaming it on my 2.5 yr old, she's given me a permanent case of 'toddler brain'...the late stages of 'baby brain'!) "HI"!

Angelbubs nice to see you in here! Awesome that you're feeling great and losing weight...6kg is no mean feat! It's always a nice ego boost to see results for the hard yards.

Hey tash! You're so right about the TWW seeming an eternity...gives me the s***s!

How're you going Hopeful? Not too down on yourself I hope. 30kg is a bloody massive achievement! Yes it may have taken you 2.5 yrs, but YOU DID IT! And I think that's amazing.

Hi Lytte, jazz, 3PLUS1...who am I missing?! I'm sorry!!!

AFM - tonight we go into 2nd cycle of TTC post ectopic. Feeling a bit underwhelmed to say the least! Oh well, keeping the eyes on that prize. DP has an insane workload and almost let out a pathetic yelp when I told him we were back into it. "What?!" he says..."isn't it meant to be the end of the month?!" "Well darling, my period was early..." "oh..." (an almost inaudible grunt)
    Ahhhhhh...romance!

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    hey all

Hopeful... i hope you get your bub soon you deserve it

Hope everybody is well..

Tash x
    Thanks Tash. xxx I'm hoping that this holiday makes us nice and relaxed so that we can come back with all guns blazing and start fresh with TTC.
    I have everything crossed for you hun. I hope that when I get back, you'll have some good news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
    I still think that 30kgs is an accomplishment - you need to be kind to yourself I am sorry to hear about your accident - injuries make it incredibly difficult to maintain weight. I hope that you come back rested from your holidays.

Thanks Hopeful. In one way DH and I are taking the partial molar as a positive - it was just a "freak" thing 1 in 1000. Have to find that silver lining

AFM: I had HCG levels checked yesterday morning and my lovely Ob called with my results yesterday afternoon. My level is down to 695 which he is happy with. I have another test next week and if that is around 70 I will have one more in 3 weeks (right before the 6 week check) to confirm that it has gone to 0. I asked about whether we had to wait for 6 months and he said he needed to confirm with colleagues but in his opinion NO!!! He said that once the hcg is down to 0 he said we could try again. Although before the d&c he told me to wait for two cycles so I will need to clarify this. I am very happy but am trying to ground myself and not get too carried away. I would hate to start planning (in my head anyway) and then find out my levels have gone up. I am feeling really positive though.

Hi to anyone I have missed. Hope you are all traveling well.
    I honestly don't think 30kgs is a great accomplishment. It did take me nearly 2 years just to lose that. DH lost 62kgs in 11 months! I'm so very proud of him and I just wish that I could do the same, but if I get upset, I eat. It's a vicious and very bad habit that after 30 odd years, is very hard to break. This holiday is what both DH and I need. We'll come back nice and rested and get back on the TTC wagon when we get back.

I've got everything crossed for you hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi1901 View Post
    Hi Lovelies!

We have just returned from Bali after a perfect wedding and beaitiful familymoon!

I have had a quick read - hope you're all doing well!

I tested yesterday and got a brilliant our little bundle is due May 22nd - have an ultrasound booked in for the 28th and hope everything is ok - I am feeling very calm about this pregnancy - with bubble I had a bit of a feeling it wasn't right - so I am sure the u/s will reveal a healthy little bubba

Hi hope, lytte and everyone I missed - love and baby dust to you all!

A xxx
    Congrats Andi. That's great news. Hope this one is a sticky one for you.

Hi All!

Hopeful - I'm so sorry about your m/c's! I know how devistated I was and you've had to go through that 3 times! It's just not fair! I really hope you get some good news soon!
    Thanks so much Jaci. I'll tell you what, it doesn't get any easier to cope the more you have. Wish it would so that I can cope with it quickly and try to get on with life, but alas, it doesn't. I hope that you get your beautiful bubba soon too. Nobody deserves to go through what all of us have.

A big hello to everyone and hope you've all had a great day. Take care.

Hopefulmum2b

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello everyone iv just read all your posts n this thread is getting longer sorry to met in here to the new girls. heres my latest news ,iv just completed 5 days on 100mg of clomid which is double the strength iv been on before, and im currently on cd10. iv been using opks ever since trying to conceive n they have always been positive n accurate however i just thought i would test on cd9 jsut to see how i was going as im like clockwork on o on cd13/14 so i just thought i would start early this time. well i got a positive on cd9 n i thought way too early so i rang fs and trhey got me in for a scan, not o yet but i have 3 good size follicles in the making which is a good sign but my lining looked tooo thin which worries me a little, but it is too early in cycle and he said you have to give it time to build up. the downside of clomid is it does thin the lining out. anyway fs said try not to rely on the opks as you might get a false read with taking the clomid. temps charts are much more acurate. so i had dp bailed up for those 2 days and i wasn even ovulating but it never hurts to cover days just in caseso now doc has told us to try on cd13, 14, and 16 which is in a few days. today is also our babys due date and i feel pretty good and i can finally let her go and feel confidant to allow our new baby to come into our lives.i haven had too many side effects on the higher dose of clomid apart from some anxiety n a feww more tears . we ahve also been given the facts on our chances in ttc we can keep trying with clomid for a few more cycles or we could use donor eggs to speed up the process as a 26 yr old eggs would give us a pregnancy. even though we have no fertility problems my eggs are the age they are they dont get any younger , but with all my levels and tests n hormones being monitered on the inside im alot younger than on the outside so that is why doc is happy for us to keep going .