+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=Brynn;5120240]thanks for the response and congrats on your BFP - I hope you have a very sticky bub and an uneventful 9 months.

I have spent some time trying to find if there was any scientific basis to waiting. It makes "common sense" for the lining to thicken but I couldn't find anything to say it is more than an old wives tale. I think I might go and see my GP and see what she says.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]When I had my 3 M/C, my doc told me that I can start TTC again as soon as I felt up to it. Some women take a while to adjust after a M/C and may wait for a bit, others try straight away. But all my M/C's messed me up pretty bad, so DH and I waited a few months before we decided to give it another shot. Probably why i'm still TTC bub #1? But it's all up to you and how you are feeling. If you're physically and mentally ready, I say go for it, if not, just take your time. Which ever path you take, I have my crossed for you.

I am very sorry for your losses . I agree that you need to be emotionally ready to try again. I am putting all my faith in this last pregnancy being a one-off unlucky event and that the next bub will be a sticky one. I think if I had a history of M/C I wouldn't be able to try again so easily. I think all you ladies on here who keep trying are so amazing and strong and will make such fantastic mums. I hope you all get your BFPs really soon followed by 40 weeks of and finally a
    Thanks Brynn. I really do hope that yours was a one off too. It does make it extreamly hard to try again if you have had numerous M/C. I know that if I do get UTD, i'm going to be so paranoid about that PG and wheather it will be a sticky one or not because of my track record and I know that other women here would be feeling the same way. It's very difficult to try and enjoy your PG if you have the inkling feeling in the back of your mind. But I do hope that you and the rest of you lovey ladies get a BFP which turn out to be sticky ones and a happy, healthy 9 months with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    Hey girls

Hi to the new girls.. so sorry for your losses I hope your stay here is short lived.

Hopeful sorry to hear your feeling so down My friend that had her baby last week conceived via ivf and she is not a small girl. I think its quite harsh your judged because of your weight. A baby only needs a uterus so whats it matter!

afm... plodding along on cd12. Brought another 60 opk's online... guess im not expecting anything to happen in a hurry lol

Tash x
    Thanks Tash. I'm still feeling a bit down about the whole BMI thing, but I guess it gives me the incentive to start again to lose the weight. I'm hoping to get down to that 32 BMI in 6 months. So would mean me getting down to 80kg. It's a big ask of a big girl like me, but I want this baby so bad it's not funny. And after TTC bub #1 for nearly 4 years, I hope for my sake that it's worth it.

Hopefulmum2b

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PLUS1equals4s View Post
    hi there well today is a new day n im over my sads and waiting patiently for af to finish. im on cd2 and went tho the fs today and well he pretty much gave us the facts on fertility with women over 40 ( i already no the facts on this ) he said we have a couple of choices we can try again on clomid and up the dose there is between 5 and 10 % chance of ivf or we could use donor eggs. he also told me im not like most women in their 40s as i have the hormones n levels of a woman in her 30s his words are your different (in a good way ) i guess i should be thankful here. anyway after a few tears n careful thought we decided to give clomid another go as this has worked in the past but the downside to this is it thins out the lining of your womb n i dont no too much of what that can do or not do . so thats where im at today hopefully taking a higher dose is the trick for us . i believe that we can do this so here i go for another cycle .

BRYNN i to had a blighted ovum n m/c in feb this year and we were only told today that it was an chromasal abnormality n bubba was 7.5 weeks along. i opted for a d&c as i couldn wait to m/c on my own knowing that he/she was still inside . i had af 5 weeks later and we tried that very same month. we were told to wait one cycle only just to get things back to normal but i was happy to try a little sooner . i felt ready ,however i haven been successful as yet . i did read somewher though it can take up to 6 months after a d&c so im hoping mine is coming up soon. good luck and just listen to your body it knows what to do and your bfp will come soon enough.
    Thanks for sharing your story - I am sorry for your loss. I understand the feeling of needing the D&C. My hcg levels were rising so a natural M/C was nowhere in sight for me. I hope the clomid works for you this cycle

Hey girls

Hi to the new girls.. so sorry for your losses I hope your stay here is short lived.

Brynn.. my doctors told me there was no reason i could not ttc straight away. They all said the main reason they tell you to wait at least one cycle is for dating reasons. I jumped back on the band wagon straight away but unfortunately im still sitting here 9 months later.

afm... plodding along on cd12. Brought another 60 opk's online... guess im not expecting anything to happen in a hurry lol

Tash x
    hi Tash - sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the TTC journey is coming to an end soon and you get your BFP. I haven't tried the OPKs but am thinking I might this cycle to try and gage where I am at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post

Thanks Brynn. I really do hope that yours was a one off too. It does make it extreamly hard to try again if you have had numerous M/C. I know that if I do get UTD, i'm going to be so paranoid about that PG and wheather it will be a sticky one or not because of my track record and I know that other women here would be feeling the same way. It's very difficult to try and enjoy your PG if you have the inkling feeling in the back of your mind. But I do hope that you and the rest of you lovey ladies get a BFP which turn out to be sticky ones and a happy, healthy 9 months with no problems.

Thanks Tash. I'm still feeling a bit down about the whole BMI thing, but I guess it gives me the incentive to start again to lose the weight. I'm hoping to get down to that 32 BMI in 6 months. So would mean me getting down to 80kg. It's a big ask of a big girl like me, but I want this baby so bad it's not funny. And after TTC bub #1 for nearly 4 years, I hope for my sake that it's worth it.

Hopefulmum2b
    Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I read on another thread that you had lost 30 kgs. That is an amazing accomplishment. I imagine that with the M/C and the BMI issue that your emotions are all over the place. I don't know anything about lapbands but would programs like Jenny Craig be of any help (you know - where someone is there to offer support and encouragement? A friend of mine has been doing the program this year and says its great. She's dropped about 10 kgs. I would like to lose the 10 kgs I have put on since having my first but my motivation is pretty low plus I am an emotional eater - I bought two blocks of cadburys yesterday - damn those multibuy specials!! I am trying to increase my exercise (actually any exercise would be an increase so I can still eat some junk. I hope you find the answer that works for you

AFM: DH and I have decided to ignore the Ob and try straight away (although I am a grown-up of 32 years I feel like I will get into trouble if I am UTD by my 6 week check). I POAS this morning - I knew it would still be + but I wanted to know how "strong" the line would be. It came up within seconds and was as strong at the other line . My dr. isn't checking my hcg levels but they were at 62000 a week before the D&C so they have a ways to come down I guess. I think I will keep testing every 5 days or so and when I get a BFN I might try OPKs so we have a shot this month. Or I could DTD more regularly - that would probably be DHs preference!!

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I read on another thread that you had lost 30 kgs. That is an amazing accomplishment. I imagine that with the M/C and the BMI issue that your emotions are all over the place. I don't know anything about lapbands but would programs like Jenny Craig be of any help (you know - where someone is there to offer support and encouragement? A friend of mine has been doing the program this year and says its great. She's dropped about 10 kgs. I would like to lose the 10 kgs I have put on since having my first but my motivation is pretty low plus I am an emotional eater - I bought two blocks of cadburys yesterday - damn those multibuy specials!! I am trying to increase my exercise (actually any exercise would be an increase so I can still eat some junk. I hope you find the answer that works for you

AFM: DH and I have decided to ignore the Ob and try straight away (although I am a grown-up of 32 years I feel like I will get into trouble if I am UTD by my 6 week check). I POAS this morning - I knew it would still be + but I wanted to know how "strong" the line would be. It came up within seconds and was as strong at the other line . My dr. isn't checking my hcg levels but they were at 62000 a week before the D&C so they have a ways to come down I guess. I think I will keep testing every 5 days or so and when I get a BFN I might try OPKs so we have a shot this month. Or I could DTD more regularly - that would probably be DHs preference!!

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.
    Yeah am feeling a bit down right now. That really isn't an accomplishment. It took me 2.5 years to lose that 30kg. DH had his op done last october and he's lost a staggering 62 kgs! I now weigh more than him! Funnily enough I did Jenny Craig a few years back. Lost quite a bit of weight too, but then after our car accident, I couldn't excercise and piled it all back on and then some. My ideal BMI for my height (157cm) is around 62kg. DH thinks that that is stupid and can't imagine me being that small, so for me to get to get to see a FS, I need to get down to about 80kg which means getting a BMI of 32. But i'm like you. I'm an emotional eater also and with everything that's been happening the last couple of months, lets just say, food is my friend. I was doing so well too. I was on my tread mill for 30 mins everyday and then, it stuffed up so I haven't been on it for months. I hope that I can get over this and stop feeling sorry for myself. I won't be losing weight that way, that's for sure. I'm going to start fresh with a clean slate when we come back from our hols, and hopefully i'll see some resluts come Christmas time.

Good for you with TTC again. you are a much stronger person than myself. I hope this time you get UTD quickly and it's a nice sticky one for, hun.

Hopefulmum2b

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have gone from feeling ok about the M/C and excited at trying again to being in shock. My Ob called this afternoon and told me that the pathology on the tissue from the D&C indicated a partial molar and I have to come in tomorrow morning for a blood test. My DH and I have spent the last hour researching partial molars and I am devastated at the thought of not being able to TTC for another 12 months - although an Aus website said 6 so that makes me feel a little better. I am just so drained.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs Brynn I hope the news isn't as bad as your thinking.

Hopeful.. i know a girl who is 125kg's and had a baby last year so its not impossible! Don't ever give up hope

Hi to everybody else

well afm... it's O day! Im soooo frustrated. It seems every month as soon as im about to O some drama has to happen to stress me out. This month its my 14yo DD. Arrgghhh... she's so full of attitude lately. Her latest is she claims she would prefer to live with her father than me... ha! Apparently he is sooooo wonderful.. mind you he has done nothing for them since we seperated 9 years ago! Hasn't paid a cent in child support.. buys them nothing they need yet recently he has started taking them every second weekend and she thinks his father of the year! Perhaps if i could afford to fill them with junk food every time i see them i would rate highly in the parent stakes too!

Sorry for the vent... just feels as though i will never fall pregnant when theres always dramas to stress me out! Sometimes with the crap my kids pull i wonder if im crazy wanting to do it all over again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brynn, I hope the results are good news for you.

Congrats to TSG2011 best of luck for a non eventful 9 months.

I have been lurking around reading this thread regularly but I have not really been ttc at the moment so I haven't been posting. Just thought that I would say a welcome to the new ladies and also a sorry that you find your self here. As for the few that I do know hope you get your soon you have been in here too long.

Sorry that this post has not been personal one but I am too tired to do personals at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
    I have gone from feeling ok about the M/C and excited at trying again to being in shock. My Ob called this afternoon and told me that the pathology on the tissue from the D&C indicated a partial molar and I have to come in tomorrow morning for a blood test. My DH and I have spent the last hour researching partial molars and I am devastated at the thought of not being able to TTC for another 12 months - although an Aus website said 6 so that makes me feel a little better. I am just so drained.
    That's aweful, hun. I bet your a bundle of emotions right now. At least they found out why you M/C'ed. That's a really good start. I'm reading a book right now called "Pregnancy Loss: Surviving miscarriage and stillbirth". It's a great book telling you everything you need to know about your loss and how to deal with it, what to do, and how to lower your your % of it happening again. It does talk about partial molar PG's too. I just picked it up from Target. It's worth the read. But I really do hope that it's only 6 months before you can start TTC again. I've got my for you hun. xx

Big hugs Brynn I hope the news isn't as bad as your thinking.

Hopeful.. i know a girl who is 125kg's and had a baby last year so its not impossible! Don't ever give up hope

Hi to everybody else

well afm... it's O day! Im soooo frustrated. It seems every month as soon as im about to O some drama has to happen to stress me out. This month its my 14yo DD. Arrgghhh... she's so full of attitude lately. Her latest is she claims she would prefer to live with her father than me... ha! Apparently he is sooooo wonderful.. mind you he has done nothing for them since we seperated 9 years ago! Hasn't paid a cent in child support.. buys them nothing they need yet recently he has started taking them every second weekend and she thinks his father of the year! Perhaps if i could afford to fill them with junk food every time i see them i would rate highly in the parent stakes too!

Sorry for the vent... just feels as though i will never fall pregnant when theres always dramas to stress me out! Sometimes with the crap my kids pull i wonder if im crazy wanting to do it all over again!
    WOW! 125kg and had a bub? Then what the frick is wrong with me? At my heaviest, I was 2 kgs heavier than her! I'm really to say that I with all that has happened to me last couple of months, i'm now sitting at 105kgs, so I can completely understand why the doc said what she said. I should have seen it coming really. But thanks for the vote of confidence hun. I guess I should give up with TTC for a while till I lose some weight. I don't want to, but I should. Now i'm totally upset and confused.

Sorry to hear about your DD. You poor thing. You have enough on your plate right now so I guess you don't really need this. Hope the teenage hormones settle down and she comes to realise what a fantastic mum she has. But don't worry, just remember, we still love you!

Quote Originally Posted by jazz1910 View Post
    Brynn, I hope the results are good news for you.

Congrats to TSG2011 best of luck for a non eventful 9 months.

I have been lurking around reading this thread regularly but I have not really been ttc at the moment so I haven't been posting. Just thought that I would say a welcome to the new ladies and also a sorry that you find your self here. As for the few that I do know hope you get your soon you have been in here too long.

Sorry that this post has not been personal one but I am too tired to do personals at the moment.
    We're never to far away. You know where to find us.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.

Hopefulmum2b

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning ladies,

Just wanted to let you I'm still around. We have just been in Brisbane for a few days visiting friends so it's been to hectic to post.

But we'll be home tonight, so will be back properly then.

Hope everyone is doing ok and to those who need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining your thread.

I had a 6 week missed m/c and had the d&c on the 6th of July. It has been 10 weeks now and I'm still waiting for af to come. Just wondering how long have you waited for af after m/c? My partner and I did try 2 weeks after the d&c and I have been having loads of pregnancy symptoms but 5 BFN's! Also had an ultrasound 2 1/2 weeks ago which showed nothing unusual except for a corpus luteum on my left ovary. My doctor is less than helpful and I'm thinking I'm going crazy with all these symptoms!

Goodluck everyone with your BFP's!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another one joining you ladies

I miscarried on father's day and have now stopped bleeding...so I'm now waiting to see if I'm going to ovulate this month