+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love Geelong!

I live in Geelong west, just off pakington street and it is great! Great cafes here, and pako festa!

Melbourne is too busy for my liking, but I do like travelling up every now and then for the Vic market or the south Melbourne one.

I find that it makes my trips to Melbourne more enjoyable nit actually living there. I love planning s trip to the aquarium or IMAX or the zoo, and making a day of it.

Good luck with your choice

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Chianti  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I live on the Melbourne side of Outer Geelong. It has it's Pro's and Con's.
    CBD and teenage crime has skyrocketed here over the last 12 months.
    There isn't much to keep teens/ young adults occupied.

We love the little town we live in though. 15 mins from the Geelong CBD. 30 mins to the Westgate. It has the feel of a country town with the city at our fingertips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use to go on holiday every school holidays to Portarlington which is 30 minutes or so from Geelong.
    I believe Geelong is a slower paced town, and yes when your children get older they may want to move to melbourne etc.

As soon as you said Elwood... well what can i say... yep i would live there anyday before Geelong (no offence)

Anywhere on bayside in melbourne are suchhhh nice suburbs and nice people, nice restaurants, atmosphere, beaches. It has it all, from transport which is so good on this side, especially the "sandringham line" trams, buses, shops, chadstone, southland, all the street shiopping. It is one of the best suburbs to live in melbuorne ( i believe anyway)
    And it has one of the best schools all around as well. From your public to privates.

Good luck in making ur choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I assumed this was a football thread lol. Guess I am a true melbournian!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
    I assumed this was a football thread lol. Guess I am a true melbournian!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Chianti  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Education

Hi..
    Planning to move to Geelong shortly.. I am sure we gonna live it..Only concern is my son's education. Can u please suggest best public secondary school for my son .
    Thanks