+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lochia for 4 months and counting... TMI

Is this abnormal?
    Ive had Yellow discharge for a whole 4 months, does not look like its stopping anytime soon, and its getting annoying. Doc doesnt know what to do, just said to wait awhile longer. Grrr.

Also, sorry if TMI but it smells like vinegar. Has anyone had this? Is it Lochia? Im worried now.

Not sure where I should have posted this. So Im sorry if its in the wrong spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lochia is post partum bleeding, not discharge.

Sounds like your internal flora has changed - maybe thrush or something? Otherwise it might just be that you aren't drinking enough water, as that can cause your discharge to be thicker and more smelly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had it the whole time since Ive given birth, it started red, then went yellow... I just assumed it was Lochia Alba (the end part). Not sure though... might try drinking more water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1na View Post
    Ive had it the whole time since Ive given birth, it started red, then went yellow... I just assumed it was Lochia Alba (the end part). Not sure though... might try drinking more water.
    Wow! I had to google lochia alba - I've never heard of it.

Now that I have, you have an easy way to tell which it is, because leucocytes show up in those rainbow looking pee-on-a-stick things in the docs office (I think it's the top square of the stick - if there are leucocytes that square gets purple coloured) and if there are no leucocytes present, then it's not still lochia.

Can you ask your doc to let you use one of those sticks to test your discharge? (Or buy your own?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you can buy those sticks at the chemist if you'd prefer to do it on your own

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is a super old post but was wondering if op ever found out what this was. I am going through the exact same thing and don't know why this is happening. I've scoured the web and found nothing. Tr1na I saw that you are still active on these boards so would love some input! I am so done with liners