User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink group certificate?

Does anyone know about the centrelink group certificate?

I rang up to book in for DH and I to see our accountant to get our tax returns done and the receptionist said "oh I see you have gotten benefits from Centrelink, you will need to get your group certificate from them. Just go into an office and get it." All we have received is the baby bonus and the 50% child care rebate. We are probably entitled to some sort of FTB but we didn't claim it as we thought we would be borderline for the threshold and thought it was just easier not to.

So I ring DH and let him know (when DS was born he put himself down as the person claiming benefits etc as he thought it would make my life easier ... it has not ... money comes into my account but he is the contact/authority person ). So he rings Centrelink and they said they would be sending out to us on 26/07/2010 so we thought we would be patient and wait. But we still haven't got the group certificate from Centrelink. I've just rescheduled again with our accountant but I am getting really frustrated as we normally get a few thousand as a tax return and could really do with the money right now.

So, after my long whinge, does anyone know about it and has anyone got theirs yet?
    Last edited by soexcited; 29-07-2010 at 20:56.
    me + DH
    DS the sunshine in our lives
    November 2001, August 2010
    # 2 due Feb 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    You haven't got a group certificate from Centrelink because you didn't receive any taxable payments from them. You only get one if you are on a pension or income support payment (parenting payment, newstart, youth allowance etc). To be honest I'm surprised your accountant doesn't know that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks so much Shh. It was the receptionist so maybe she just said that automatically because she saw that we did get some payments. who knows! DH and I both thought the same thing as what you said so we are just going to go to our next appointment regardless of whether we get anything from Centrelink.
    me + DH
    DS the sunshine in our lives
    November 2001, August 2010
    # 2 due Feb 2012