Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Injecting.... well nothing?

Dr Jessup

I'm currently going through my first IVF cycle.

I've been put on Puregon 116IU. I've been injecting since Sunday and have been doing them religiously every morning.

My problem is that this morning after I had done my injection I noticed that the pen had unscrewed a little and so for the last 3 days I've been injecting well nothing.

How is this going to affect my cycle? I'm really worried I'll be cancelled as FS has already suggested that we will cancel due to over stim.

I'm guessing FS will just up the dose? But I'm also worried I will over stim on the upped dose if that makes sense?

I'm just kicking myself now at how stupid i've been not to notice it unscrewing.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default injecting nothing!

Hi Zultbear,

Sorry this reply is so late, as I suspect your FS will already have sorted this out. Depending on the size of your follicles, your "nil dose" may have had the effect of coasting you. Ultrasound seems to me to be the best way of assessing the ovaries during a cycle, as it gives far more information than a blood test. In a future cycle, it may be possible to start you on a much lower dose ( eg 75 units). This will take longer, but may give a much safer response, with fewer follicles, and better quality eggs.
    Dr Sonya