+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think this thread has turned into Lissy's asking for recs thread I have been looking at Cot Bedding sets and i have just had a thought that as i plan on using Grobags a quilt would just be for looks for the first year at least.
    What do you girls have on your cots? Do you lay bub on top of the quilt if you use a Grobag/sleeping bag or do you use sheets and blankets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lissy, we have always used gro-bags and only use a bottom fitted sheet. You shouldnt lay bub on top of quilts or anything soft cause they can be a suffocation risk - ie: if bub is laying tummy down. We spent a fortune on a matching cot quilt set but have only ever used the bottom sheet form the whole set so a waste of money in my opinion. With gro-bags there is no need for extra bedding like blankets etc. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tummy time mat is different to the play gyms you're referring to. I'll try and find a pic tomorrow as on iPhone at the moment.

As for bedding - ds sleeps is a cradle at the
    Moment so just have the specific sheets for it. We then have a fully coodinated nursery setup which he'll use from about 7 mths. He won't use the quilt or pillow until he's 1 but he'll be using his cot as a toddler bed (it's convertible) until he's 4 or 5 so he will get lots of use out of all his bedding. You may find you have to wrap your bubs arms outside the grobag in which case any flat sheets will become very handy once bubs isn't new anymore as most wraps aren't big enough. Also any other blankets that match the set your looking at (kidsline stuff for example) may be handy if you don't plan to use a heater in bubs room and you're somewhere where it drops below 10c overnight as I've known ppl who used grobags and blankets as they didn't use heaters.

I'm someone who buys most things before bubs comes when I'm working as there's a lot more money around then but I knew I wasn't returning to work either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, great advice there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy

Fitted sheet on bottom and a towel under their heads to catch spit ups i also wrap them in a wrap ( i dont use grobags) and then pop a waffle blanket over the top of them

I also went to spotlight and pick materials i liked to make sheets for the cots and wraps much cheaper

Em

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy: Here's a pic of the tummy time mats i referred to earlier:

If you know someone handy with a sewing machine (like it sounds like Emma is ) you could probably have someone make you the pillow like object in the picture which is what makes this good for non tummy time likers (if they could do it much less then $20 i dont know though!) That pillow is EXTREMELY firm which keeps bubs head etc propped up quite well. Below is a photo of my son using his at around 3w old

Ive also known people who take the quilt from the matching sets and use it as a wall hanging for room decor instead of buying wall art for the nursery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy: If you dont have a theme for your nursery yet here's an awesome website for you full of pics (1000s of different nuseries and you can search too) to give you some ideas

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-spac...es/gallery.esi

also something to think about is whether your nursery is going to be that the nursery (as in all your children will use it) or whether the room is your childs room and will grow with the child. I have done both my children's nurseries with the intention of them carrying on as their bedrooms. With this in mind we bought Kidsline complete nursery setups (dd's we bought new and spent over $1000 on linen and all the extras like canopy, rug, lamp etc, with ds we bought the 6pc cot set, mobile, rug, hamper etc off of ebay for only $250 and bought the rest of the pieces new so only cost about $500). Both of the kidsline ranges we bought also have a single and king single quilt and sheets to match so when ds is ready to move into a single bed all we need is the bigger linen and the whole setup should see him thru until 8-10yrs old.

If you're looking at kidsline stuff and curious to know whether it comes in single size (not all do...usually only the more gender specific stuff does) you can try having a look here -www.babysupermall.com to find out (search for kidsline)

After browsing thru nurseries if you like the whole tree on the wall look or big words on the wall - those are all vinyl and can usually be found on www.etsy.com (so can all the cute owl/bird mobiles) but do generally cost a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Earth - The house we are in now is not our forever house. We will be here for a couple of years i imagine though until we have #2 therefore the Nursery will be for a baby and toddler only before we have to upgrade to a new house in which case they would have their own 'forever' rooms. The Boori cot will last a while as it converts to a toddler bed.
    These are the wall stickers that i really love so am trying to match this theme
    http://boscobear.com.au/for-boys/jun...patterned.html
    Thanks for being so helpful
    Last edited by Lissy Loo; 13-10-2010 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very cute wall stickers! Check out the baby super mall link from my last post as they have all the USA brands and you may find something there. If not on etsy you could probably find someone who would do a custom set to match (even a mobile maybe) you could probably also find someone there to make a matching name banner or letters to match (if you plan to have your Childs name on the wall - it's the trendy thing at the moment)

What do you imagine having in the room besides the wall stickers and what colour is your furniture?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im going to get some wooden letters and paint them, My furniture is dark brown wood. I want to put some floating shelves up and put cute things ilke soft toys on. I'd love to have some bedding custom but i imagine it would be hard to find someone.