+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lissy - I just take him in the shower once DH is finished with work for the day, then once I've finished cleaning DS I get DH to take him and dry him off and I finish showering. Sometimes DH takes DS into the shower in the morning and I take him off him so he can finish showering himself. DH was scared at first that he'd drop him but afterwards said he found it much easier to shower with DS than try and bathe a wriggling wet baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the baby baths. DP didn't want to get one but I convinced her into it and lucky I did as I ended up having a c-section and there was no way I could have knelt down and washed DD in our bath. We used our change table to put the bath on and used our bed to dress her on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, i think this thread has been a recommendation thread too

Q for those who use Grobags - How many grobags do you think i need and what tog? Bubs in due in late Jan so mid Summer. The house has aircon but we do get some fairly hot days down here. At what age did you start using your grobag? If not as a newborn then what did you use until they were big enough?
    I'm going to have him in a Bassinet for a couple of months before i move him to the Cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We use the FP rainforest bath here which comes with an infant sling so you don't have to hold onto them for dear life when giving them a bath. I wouldnt use anything else! You can pick them up super cheap used all over the place. DS now at 3mths has gone into it without the sling and it has a moulded seat with anti slip material on it for him to sit partly upright on.

Lissy: I always say 2 grobags - one for wearing and one for the wash and if you end up with a chucky baby maybe one more to be safe. I have used a grobag from almost birth with dd but ds found his arms WAY too distracting so we had to double wrap him on top of the grobag (he was a houdini and could get out of single wrapping). Because of his houdini efforts we used a Woombie or ergo cocoon for his day sleeps (not warm enough for nights and I don't like using blankets with young babies). If you wrap/woombie you will have to wean them at some point and the longer you leave it the harder it can be - depending on the personality of your baby. At 3 mths ds now usually has 1 arm out while sleeping unless he's overstimulated and then I have to take that arm away too. Ive tried 2 out even for night sleeps and it's still all too much for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Earth, i have seen the FP Rain forest baths, heard mixed reviews but will definitely have a good look.

Good advice on the wrapping etc, i was planning on geting some woombies (hopefully cheaper at the baby expo)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy: Don't pay more than $40ea for a woombie as thats how much they are on eBay and from their actual website. If you can get the new ones that have arm holes that have poppers (so like the ergo cocoons) get those as that will help transition to a grobag. Ergo cocoons are just like woombies (though not made as well imo) but have the arm holes with poppers and only cost about $30 on ebay new and are made from an organic very lightweight material unlike the woombies (so better for warmer climates unless you have and plan to use climate control).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. I am not sure if this is 'kocher" but just wanted to let you lucky ladies who are expecting that i have a brand new basinette for sale paid around 159.95 for it but you can have it for 100. DD hated it due to her reflux and don't think she even spent 5 nights in it if that.. we co slept for the first 8 weeks then she went into her cot.. it would be pick up only unless you want to organise a courier from your end.. ideal for those on the gold coast brisbane or northern nsw.. I live near byron bay. It is plain white in colour so would suit boy or girl. with basket underneath love n care brand...comes with little quilt plain white
    Last edited by surfergal; 19-09-2010 at 12:42. Reason: sp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy

I wrap both the girls with a muslin wrap and then tuck them in with a blanket so they keep their body heat ..i asked the nurse about those grobags etc and they said they aren't the greatest cause baby can overheat quickly so just to watch out for that if the girls get hot i can just take off the top blanket

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and baths i got one of those baths that fold up (we dont have the space for a big one or a change table one would be to hard to use as i'd have to cart the water up the stairs) ..flexi bath i think they are called

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emma: I don't know why the nurse/midwife would have said that about grobags. If they are the quality ones that are TOG rated these are what SIDS recommends parents to use OVER blankets/wraps as there is no way baby can get the head stuck underneath/inside them and with the TOG ratings you know what bag to use in what temp.