+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the recs girls

With regards to Monitors, i have been looking at the Angelcare one but now i'm not sure if that is the best option. Might look at the Oricon one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies who helped with advice on the slings/carrier.Were now looking into the baby bjorn ones,i like the Air ones being were in Townsville it will be very good to actually have air flow through them as i can imagine they'd get quite warm being snuggled up in there while out walking whereas in the shopping centre air con they'd be ok.This is a great idea lissy well done cause we can check back in here & see what we need or dont need & have lovely experience mummies ideas as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm good aren't i!! I'm going to look at the Ergo baby carrier, i've heard great things about them as they seem to have really good shoulder and back support.

Now my next Q is about Baby Baths? What have you ladies used? I have a crapola neck and i think bending over all the time might not help it so i wonder what kind of bath we could look at to do us while bubs is too smal for the big bath?

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you dont mind me crashing i used the kitchen sink for bathing also had a $20 bath from kmart a nice deep one then when my DD's were old enough to sit up on own i still used it in the big bath so they didnt need the huge bath and it felt safer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

i just have a cheap ole second hand baby bath..whats more impt is getting the lounge for the bub to lay on otherwise you will be in agony after a few minutes! they are gold..my DH has a bad back and he found it excellent..they are only 25 dollars from baby shops

i use angelcare monitor..it prob does give a false sense of security but well it makes me feel better

i agree, please no one waste thier money on the manual breast pump!!

dont know is anyone mentioned this..but we use the Mustela baby care products..we tried J & J shampoo etc and bub had flaky scalp the next day...it is more expensive but .....u get them from Oze pharmacy...the hospy uses this brand too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jfbaby, what are these lounges that you have mentioned? sounds interesting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy - I used the kitchen sink for the first week then I just took him in the shower with me and every now and then I'll take him in the bath with me. The shower is by far the most convenient and quickest way for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were just going to use a cheapy bath from Big W nothing fancy & sit in on the bench next to the kitchen sink cause i still have heaps of room to still dry them off on another part of the bench & i wont be bending down at all,its at a great height for bad backs.I think Jfblady means the terry towelling covered metal support for the inside of the bath(pls correct me if im wrong). Like a mini bouncer.I love them tooo used them way back when my babies were babies too.They let you have 2 hands & you feel safe & so does bubs cause they just lay there slightly uprighted & there such slippery little suckers in the bath too when there little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki - Interesting about taking him to the shower, i never thought of that. I think i would worry about dropping him. Would be convenient though being able to clean both of you at the same time although having said that you wouldn't have any spare hands so how do you wash yourself?

Ikea have a cheapy bath, i'm going there tonight so might check it out, i can get one of those anti slip things for it and that may work and if not then it doesn't matter because i think they are like $15 or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plsjustonemore ~ We had the same idea about bath on the kitchen bench.. BUT our kitchen benches turned out to be to high and we were standing on tip toes to bath bubba, so we ended up using our ironing board to sit in the kitchen next to the sink as you can adjust the height.. It was a pain in the butt. Our laundry tub was to small and so kitchen sink. Just one thing to keep in mind about putting bath on kitchen bench.

Lissy ~ Oricom monitors are the best value for money. The lounges are great for the bath. They are plastic moulded like a little sun lounge and you sit them in the big bath with suction cups on the bottom and fill up bath. We didn't use one from day dot, we used the baby bath, but at 3.5 months started putting M in the lounge thingy in the big bath. I think they sell them at Target... you will know when you see them what i mean!