+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Girls,

If you plan on buying wraps (my dd was wrapped up tight for sleeps until she was about 6 months old) I'd definately recommend that you try and get the largest size possible. I got a few that were 100cm x 80cm and within no time at all they were not big enough to keep DD wrapped tightly. The wraps, both flanelette and muslin, do come in 120cm x 120cm and they were brilliant. The flanelette ones I used were made by Smart Swaddle and the muslin ones were made by Bubba Blue.

Ooh how exciting, reading this thread has got me all excited again about packing my hospital bag (last time I did it the day I was due, might do it a bit earlier this time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure if anyone has mentioned the "nappy bags"...i got an oioi one..whilst they are good with the change mat and bottle insulater and all the compartments etc i find it quite uncomfortable lugging it around on your shoulder, cos there is so much stuff u need in them its really heavy and big so hard when u are out shopping pushing a pram with a huge bag on your shoulder too....so i recommend getting a backpack style one or just a good backpack...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy as requested from Winter Bubs thread

I was just thinking about those things I have purchased for baby use.. which I have adored and those that have been useless or not worth it.

Adore/ Best Buys
    Medela Swing Breast Pump
    Bath Seat/lounge thingy
    Avent Steam Steriliser
    The Big W brand Dymples Cotton suits
    (these are great 100 percent cotton in cute designs for 4.95 on sale or 6 bucks regular)
    Mountain Buggy Swift Pram
    Happy Baby Dummys (on recall at mo)
    Bio Baby Happy Bottom Balm
    Bumbo Seat with tray table
    Fisher Price Rocker
    Aldi and Baby Love Nappies
    Target Brand Wonder Suits
    Love Me Baby Sleep suit
    Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle
    Purity Liquid Laundry Wash
    Lansinoh Nipple Cream
    Nuby Plastic Teething Keys
    Big W brand - Dymples Cot Sheets
    Over the Head bibs - can't get enough of these with Ms dribble
    Liquid Losec - her reflux med and Mylanta

Waste of Money
    Half the 000 clothes I purchased (M grew WAY to quickly to wear them)
    Bassinette (M hated it due to her reflux and co slept with us anyway)
    Avent Manual Breast Pump (Who has hours on end to sit and get a sore wrist pumping all day)
    Bonds WonderSuits (to expensive and very small in size - got better value and wear from Target wondersuits)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Was wondering if anyone has any opinons on what sling/carriers are the best for newborns on... we go for walks down the beach each wk end with the dog & would love to keep that up once the twins are born but so unsure of what ones are good for such youngens going in them & also comfortable.We discussed dh taking one & me the other so the furbaby still has her morning out at the beach on sundays not taking our new pram down on the beach

Thanks
    Reviews
    A list of a few of our best buys. These products were worth their weight in GOLD:

plain nappies, for spew cloths etc
    bright stars bouncer
    oricom monitor
    baby bjorn (active)
    stretchy cheap wraps from Kmart
    medela swing pump

Waste of money

Prince lionheart slumber bear
    cot mobile
    socks (most outfits for newborns have feet!)
    muslin wraps (no stretch in them, too cold for winter)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by plsjust1more View Post
    Hello ladies,

Was wondering if anyone has any opinons on what sling/carriers are the best for newborns on... we go for walks down the beach each wk end with the dog & would love to keep that up once the twins are born but so unsure of what ones are good for such youngens going in them & also comfortable.We discussed dh taking one & me the other so the furbaby still has her morning out at the beach on sundays not taking our new pram down on the beach
    We use the Baby Bjorn Active and both DH and I really like it. It's got good back support, we've used it since newborn to 4 months so far and still find it really easy to use. DS loves it too, if he is awake we face him out and if he needs a nap we face him inwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes couldn't agree more with SOCKS.. especially the bonds ones.. they don't stay on.. I did have some called 'bright stars' that someone gave me and they are FAB and we have had a fair bit of use out of these as alot of the Minihaha - Bebe brand suits don't have feet... Also a big for Oricom monitors... they rock... and are a good price 119 i think from Pramwharehouse online purchase.

AngelCare monitors with those sensor underneath are a HUGE waste of money. The sensors which sit under the sheet or mattress (can't remember which) get mouldy if you have a sweatie baby... and are they really going to stop SIDS or just trick you into a false sense of security??
    Last edited by surfergal; 09-09-2010 at 18:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Surfergal - The pump you have is it noisy ..i need to find a pump that wont wake the house up at 4am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emsta.. No its not noisy it just make a clicking sound.. very quiet.. it will be fine.. love and hugs to your beautiful bubbies for me xoxox

Oh yeah Em and anyone one else thinking of purchasing a Medela Swing Pump.. you can purchase them from epharmacy online for 219 dollars and 1.50 express postage. Or free postage for ordinary post. This is the cheapest you will find them brand new
    Last edited by surfergal; 09-09-2010 at 19:44. Reason: addit

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just crashing.

One thing i think is a must one for hospy and home is and empty water bottle the Pump brand that has the pop top
    I found it extremly useful after birth when going to the toilet to fill with warm water and sqirt helps with stinging etc.
    Hope that makes sense.