+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TNT
    I have already bought mine, they are i my hospital bag all packed, I bought a pack of disposable ones and a pack to bamboo reusable ones from Pea pods when I bought my cloth nappies. The reusable ones look great, nice and comfy, natural fibres and can just go in the wash and be re-usedxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lauralollipop - thanks do you recommend any particular brand? And also there are reusable ones. Oh wow, probably cost the earth like the modern cloth nappies. I couldnt afford those nappies and went with the old fashion cloth nappies. The ones called bright bots, they are all sorts of colours.

TNTbub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TNT - when i had max i used disposable pigeon brand breast pads until my milk supply calmed down as they are more absorbent than washable. I moved to washable eventually (at about 2 months) i used avent brand, avaliable at target in a pack of 6 (3 sets) and comes with a mesh wash bag so they dont get lost in the wash. They retail at target for around $12 so not too bad, but i have just bought some more off a website (google OKME) for about $6 a pack - they have free shipping if you spend over $75 so i wrote a list of bottles, dummies, toiletries we would need and got them delivered for free - HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LulusMum I didn't know you could get them at target. That will bring the price down a bit.

After doing IVF we aren't flushed with funds, guess we never were really. So every little bit helps.

I hear about everyones funiture in the babies rooms matching and looking ever-so lovely. Unfortunately my nursery will look like a mismatch of colours. We are converting other cupboards into wardrobes and using one of the chocolate lounge room recliners as a breast feeding chair in the baby's room. Whilst the cot will be white. lol.

TNTbub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI TNT

We are also in same boat with money as I don't work so we just love on one wage.
    I got my disposable ones free at the baby expo - ill use these in hospital they are johnsons brand.

My reusable ones are bamboo and feel lovely and soft and they are natural fibre and very absorbent, these were about $20 for 3 pairs,in a lovely little wetbag but I got mine free as I bought 10 pea pod nappies for $160, this was also at the baby expo.

I have also bought the terry flats, I just bought the big softies from BigW. With the MCN's join all the sites on Facebook and you get specials - they sell 2nds too, I bought a few 2nds, really nice cute fluffy nappies for photos and special, and I have also bought some 2nd hand bamboo nappies to fill up my stash. If you start early you can just collect a nappy here are there and then you will have a few different brands to try when baby comes xxxxxxx

best ones are itti bitty and baby behinds, I have had a few bargains off these sites, and also join buy and sell MCN, for your 2nd hand ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    TNT - i wouldnt worry - bubba wont care her furniture doesnt match. We have some money to spend but i figure there is no point in wasting money. My bassinets are hand me downs form my sister triplets, as are the swings. One of the cots is from max and we were lucky enough to find a second hand one that matched so just bought a new mattress and polished the wood - came up beautifully. Most of the clothes etc are hand me downs from my sister and from max but a bit of napisan and they are like new. I just see no point to buying new and expensive just cause i can - would rather save that money for when they are at school or to actually do things with them instead of buying stuff for them IYKWIM. Babies know no different, doesnt mean you love them any less just cause you cant afford the best/most expensive products, and sometimes it s a good thing as they become older cause you actually have to think of things to do with them that are creative and imaginative instead of plopping them in front of plastic toys - if i were a kid id much rather be in a park or making cakes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliantly said Lulus mum

I couldn't agree more. I haven't bought any new clothes for my baby as I got so many gorgeous hand me downs, I couldn't see the point in spending money on more outfits when I have plenty to chose from already.
    Bassinet was a hand me down too and its blue, so if I have a girl it wont match at all but figured will only be in this for a few months anyway. We did splash out on the cot and drawers to match but that was the only thing, as we intend to use them for a long time and hopefully for another baby in future. I have also made lots of stuff myself (cloth wipes) and my auntie made me a blind (which also doesn't match) some one gave me a mobile too (which doesn't match) which I have used, but as LUlumum said there is no point in wasting money and all baby wants is mummies booby and love and warmth, it wont even notice the other things

I have read that you can make re-usable breast pads yourself too, google it and see, but think they make them out of old towels and all kinds of stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lauralollipop

And

Thanks LulusMum

You both made me feel better about things. I wish i had someone to give me hand-me-down clothing. My baby clothing will all be new. I have a pack of hand me down terry cloth nappies though. Lol

Tntbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    TNT - I hit eBay when I was buying stuff for Adam. He has nothing brand new and I doubt he would even know the difference. I am the most exciting thing to play with as far as he is concerned. Anyway back to the topic... Some people sell bulk lots of clothes and bedding on eBay, a good soak in napisan and you are good to go. I even buy second hand clothes for myself as we can't really afford anything. Nappies I buy in bulk on super special.

The only things you really need as soon as bubs arrives is love, clothes, and food. Toys, bouncers, swings etc are just luxuries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TNT - I would try the Babies&Kids markets

http://www.babykidsmarket.com.au/mar...kw1.php?job=ww

held in rotating locations throughout Syd (and other cities). Ppl go there and sell off stuff v cheap - a couple of bucks for most clothes, and they also usually sort them into sizes so you dont have to do too much rummaging. But if you dont mind rummaging then Vinnies etc is good too, Ive picked up lots there. Most of our bubs clothes will be second hand, one or 2 hand me downs but most from BKM or Vinnies.

Q for all the experienced mums. At our parenting course the nurse mentioned you could put a squirt of sorbolene in a bottle of water to use with hand towels/terry flats etc to wipe down bubs after a change. I think it was as an alternative to baby wipes or maybe to clear up most of the mess and then just use a wipe to finish off...Sounds like a good idea, but Id like to use something more natural/less petrochemical. Ive found the Aveeno brand in chemists which is supposedly free of nasties. But now Im confused abt whether to use the soap substitute or the lotion-type stuff - I dont know much abt Sorbolene so when she said put a squirt in, I didnt know whether she meant the soap or the lotion. Wish Id asked at the time but I had no idea there were so many diff types!

Also how necessary do ppl think breastfeeding pillows are? Im tempted to get one, but if an ordinary pillow will do the same job then Im not sure.