+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i find the books completly and utterly useless ..you just have to go with your gut and find what works for you and bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought BabyLove by Robin Barker and although I read it before bub arrived after he got here I found it pretty pointless. In some ways it's a good reference but I found real life advice, hotlines, other mums and medical staff to be a much better reference point and of course never underestimate your own instinct it will save your sanity many a time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls, i'll have a look at some of the suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy: If you know if you're having a girl or boy than Steve Biddulph's raising boys/girls is a very good read too and very easy. He's an Aussie psychologist and talks about the differences in genetic programming between the sexes and why some situations are ideal for one but not the other (boys are better off in small daycare environments such as family day care as opposed to large centres for example). Same author has written Secrets of Happy Children and more secrets to happy children (all of which ive seen at Big W). Also if you're into the development side of things then i also recommend Einstien never used flash cards (will give you some insight in to what kinds of toys/activities are best to spend your money on etc). It's probably my absolute fav book on child development.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like Emma said.. gut feeling most important

In regards to books ~ I burnt my Tizzie Hall Save our Sleep book. DD was having a massive reflux flare up and i tried stupid Dizzy Tizzies controlled crying as she was jacking up at night time bedtime, and i wasn't aware of it.. should of gone by my gut feeling and i would never of had to feel so guilty about leaving DD screaming for 12 minutes... Boo Hoo to you Tizzy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, i need a rec for a Breastfeeding tank. I'm a 14E so that might limit me a little. Any help would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried the breast feeding association shop in East Malvern? The ladies there were lovely and really helped me find the right sizes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been there a while back Angeleish and i think another trip is in order very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Just a question about Hight Chairs, what do you all have? I won't need one for a while of course but am starting to look into them now. Everyone raves about the Ikea one, probably worth getting as it is so cheap. On the other end of the scale i like the Stokke Tripp Trapp but of course it is very expensive and i'm not sure i can justify the cost (although i probably could with the amount i have spend on everything else)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have bought an Ikea one but they don't have Ikea where I am so I settled for a simple childcare one that is quite similar. The less grooves I was told the better so I just followed the advice of other mothers and now I've used it a fair bit I have to agree. The less folds and places for food to get shoved into the better I say! You can take mine outside and hose it down