Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Emmaljunga Prams - Nitro or Mondial

Hello Ladies!

Dh and I have been looking at the Emmaljunga Range. I first fell in love with the Mondial Duo in Cream Leatherette - it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the classic look!

When we visited a local baby store in Annadale (Sydney) we were able to have a look at the pram in real life! While it was still absolutely beautiful, it did look rather large. DH found the Emmaljunga Nitro and loved the two swivel wheels at the front - easy to steer. However the bassinet/seat unit was much closer to the ground and I have heard since it is not available in the Cream Leatherette in Australia.

While I would be just as happy with either of these two prams - I would love to hear any advice from anyone who has had experience with either of these prams!
    Also, I would love to know what store you purchased and how much the RRP was.

Finally, if anyone has any experience with importing this particular brand from the UK that would be great also (any additional costs through customs, etc). i Have received a very reasonable quote from the UK but I am afraid of any hidden costs when importing this pram.

Sorry for all the questions but i very much look forward to your thoughts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love these prams. My next baby will be featured in one of these prams! Most def! love the classic look but the nitro one does look rather nice also. I've never used either so I'm only judging based on looks! Will watch this thread closely though. oh, and also- I think Ains (Baldie is on its way) bought a Emmajunga pram. Hers was VERY NICE! But can't remember which model it was.

Baldie's Mum is offline <--- Tommy Campbell, T.C, Baldie.....whatever you call him, he is ours!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the Nitro in black letherette! Baldie is not born yet, but, it is STUNNING!!!

I got it mainly cause i live rural, and i need tyres that wont pop....and are easily replaced.

I didnt import it. I bought it from Baby Kingdom. (well my mum and dad bought it for us) It cost $1500 withOUT the bassinet option. The seat actually fully reclines, so to me, there is no point in spending the other $400 for the bassanet.

I also like the rotating wheels at the front. I think not having the stearing would frustrate me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for your feedback ladies!
    Great to hear the swivel wheels were a deciding difference for you Baldie.

I do LOVE the Mondial look however, the Nitro is just as beautiful and seemingly more practical.
    Decisions decisions!

I just received a quote for the Nitro including the bassinet, $1599 - best price bar far (so far). Although, importing seems to be cheaper, I am still a little worried about hidden costs :S

Baldie's Mum is offline <--- Tommy Campbell, T.C, Baldie.....whatever you call him, he is ours!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt import, only cause if you get it from a shop you can have them organise it......Plus they will give you a warranty ect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide to but the pram from overseas, be ready to pay Australian import duty AND GST if the value of your purchase exceeds $1000. Also add the shipping cost. Ask if the shop can have it shipped by sea as it will be much cheaper than by air.

Check www.customs.gov.au for import duty and other import taxes.

We bought our Stokke from lullabys in the UK and we were lucky that they were getting rid of the 2009 model (2010 looks nicer) and its price ther incl footmuff and bottle holder and bassinette were $960. In Australia, it would have been $2000 for the set. We paid heaps in shipping though as it was shipped by air (DHL) - but the set waa still $500 cheaper after shipping compared to if we had bought it here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be warned if you get something shipped by sea that it can easily take 3 months. I got something shipped from the US and I was sure it wasn't coming cause the predicted time was 4 - 6 weeks. Then after I'd spent twice as much & bought it locally, it appeared from overseas at the 3 month mark. 3 months is just too anxiety promoting for me - you don't want to lose your money and it's hard to know that it really is still coming. And the warranty issue is a big one. You don't want to have one that has a wheel fall off or something 1 week in.

~* ME + DH *~

~* DS - 7 DD - 2.5 *~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I also fell in love with the Mondial in Cream Leatherette when I first saw it however I was talked out of it due to the 4 large wheels which do not swivel making it very hard to steer. I also purchased the Nitro in white croc leatherette as it was the closest to the cream. It has the 2 swivel wheels at the front making it a much more practical pram. I paid $1750.00 with the bassinet included but I purchased it in melbourne. Baby is due in 10 weeks so I havnt picked it up yet as the warranty is 12 months from when you pick it up. Im very excited to use it and I have also purchased the matching nappy bag!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Taraxcptnl

Can you let me know where in melbourne you bought the nitro city?

Thanks heaps, having problem finding stockists!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Littlelev,

I purchased it from Baby Time In Hoppers Crossing they are on the old Geelong Hwy. They were the cheapest and best to deal with I have gotten almost everything for the baby from there. The nappy bag I had to get from The Baby Gallery in Clayton as they were the only place that had it in white croc to match the pram. The places I found emmaljunga products were Baby Time Hoppers Crossing, Baby Gallery Clayton and Glenhuntley Baby Carriages. Picked up the pram 2 weeks ago and its beautiful! Baby is due in 3 weeks and I cant wait to use it! Good luck