+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Will our first attempt was okay.

DD had no nappy for 40mins before bath, just trying to observe her for a week or so then start her on the bucket after naps and feeds.

She did a poo and a wee and I picked up on a few signs so we will see how we go tonight

Hows everything going with everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still going good. Thanks for the support people, didn't know others were reading.

Well I've worked out when she wants to do a poo she slaps me a little. Nice eh? But at least it's a bit of a signal.

Unfortunately I'm not that good at the poos as she will only signal that if in a nappy at the moment and by the time I get the nappy ripped off she's gone.

Might have to go back to feeding on a towel again.

Lol, I remember reading about women who tried this and I seriously thought they were off their heads. But now I feel a bit guilty that I never even bothered with it.

Women have been doing this for sooo long. Totally encourage others to have a go.

Keep going with it futureherder. I just try not to put too much pressure on myself.

At least I'm consistently catching the wee as soon as she wakes up still so that is now part of our routine and she loves it! She responds really well to the praise and clapping when she goes and I tell her good girl psssst!!!! She smiles so much!

Anyone else willing to have a go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just been telling my student midwife about EC and you guys.. hehe she's going to look it up

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That is really great the more information about it the better. I would have done it much earlier if I had known more about it and not just seen people holding their tiny NBs over a bucket

Last night was okay, DD was running around without nappy but seemed a little insecure so lots of hugs.

We got side tracked looking in some bags (she was already squating) and she did a wee so we missed that one and there were no signs...I think the squating just sort of set it off...cant wait to try the bucket after naps.

Oh there is something I was going to ask...do you have enough time to take bubs pants off then nappy off then get in to position for wees when bubs wakes up? did you adjust what you put bubs to bed in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nappies I use have snap buttons so they are easy to get off. I sometimes have bub in baby legs (little leg warmers I got off the BBH site). So you just have to remove the nappy.

But mainly I have just let bub wear the same clothes. I try not to do everything too quick. I keep it pretty calm and talk to her about what we are doing when she wakes up. It's just a normal part of our routine now. I don't want to have to stress or get frantic.

I have some good news though from today. DH managed to notice her squirming and making a few toot toot sounds on the mat today. He got her onto the potty and was talking to her and making sounds with his mouth and she did a poo for him.

It's going well. I don't plan on going full time. But it's really wonderful getting to know her so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kor,

Glad to hear it's going so well.
    Just wanted to know what kind of potty you bought. No idea where/what to start looking for in them. And do you get a different one for boys than girls?

Have you used anything other than the potty as well?

Loving the updates!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a baby market and got a little girl potty for $1. I had a boy one at home but I noticed the girls ones are a little different and smaller.

Fits on the change table it's so small so I always have it there ready to go and my back up one in the loungeroom.

Only other thing I've used is old towels on my lap when I'm feeding.

Really looking forward to summer as I think it will be a lot easier with less clothes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies!

Just thought I'd check in and see how your going..

Couple of questions for you too:
    - How old are your bubbas?
    - Would you start trying to incorporate EC from newborn age (like day 1)? A few weeks, a month..?
    - Have you told people you are doing EC? What have their reactions been?
    - Have you been using a toilet at all? Basin? Potty?
    - Do you use EC when you're out and about or just at home for now?

Hope the journey is going well and getting easier for you and bubs.

Cheers
    J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you start trying to incorporate EC from newborn age (like day 1)? A few weeks, a month..?
    - Have you told people you are doing EC? What have their reactions been?
    - Have you been using a toilet at all? Basin? Potty?
    - Do you use EC when you're out and about or just at home for now?

I would have started from day one if I known how easy it is. The thing is, you don't have to be able to do it every time, you just have to try. Don't force it into your routine, just do it when you can.

People think it's weird, but hey I thought it was insane before I tried it. But I didn't really understand the history of it all and now I feel a bit silly because it has been around for so long.

People think I'm weird for doing cloth nappies too but hey I'm trying to save some of our environment and I really have learnt so much about how bad it is to use disposables against babies skin...bad..bad chemicals (wish I had a cloth nappy mentor yrs ago).

I feel so empowered and happy because I really understand my child. I find that because I am always concentrating on her ec needs I am doing the same with all of her other needs. She is so content and is learning at such a fast pace. Other mothers are really picking up on it too.

I ony do ec when I am at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought this thread may be of interest to some of you http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=196792

Very similar to this one but a few more stories being shared. It was started in 08 and a few people have updated their story each year.