+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Elimination communication

Just looking for some good sites to help out with this. Would also love to hear from any other people who have tried this and any tips thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Marnie from Noonee Wilga has some great information on this topic I came across it during the nappy hunt. There are some recommended resources and she also shares her own personal experience with EC.

http://www.nooneewilga.com/EC/index.html
    Last edited by Bellini; 16-07-2010 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou, this is very helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started a similar thread a little while ago http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=350274

Please let me know if you find any other useful info. I'm not due till Feb but interested in trying once bub is here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again for these links. I'm just reading through them.

I'm a bit nervous about starting this but I thought I could do cloth nappies and ec. I'm not sure if I will be able to do ec fulltime. But willing to give it a try.

Bit difficult when travelling in car and doing drop offs for school and daycare.

Will let you know if I find out any other useful info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading this on the tribal baby website. Very helpful.

I know it might be common sense but it's a good reminder.

As a Newborn and Young Baby:

when babe pulls on-and-off the boob during a feed, 'plucking' is a good description. This emerges over the first month.

when babe suddenly becomes fussy

when you see a piggly-wiggly (slightly bigger willy, pink at the end!)

when activity level increases (kicking legs while on his back, squirming on lap or in sling)

when babe starts making little 'uncomfortable' noises. "Ugh, ugh"

when babe frowns and looks closely at you - Giving you "The Eye"

when babe frowns and looks away from you

after an accident as they may have only peed a bit waiting for help (even this young!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Korfire when are you due, or is bubs already here?
    Would love to have someone to talk to as they are dealing with it.

We are thinking a combo of disposable, cloth and ec. This will be our first so we really have no idea how we will deal with having a baby in the house let alone all the toileting options! So we are pretty much thinking we'll give everything a go and see what works best for us.

Anyway there are lots of stories and examples on the net that I have read but speaking to someone as they go through it will-i think- give me a more realistic version of the hard parts!

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs is here. I have recently invested in some cloth nappies - Baby Beehinds magicals. They are working wonderfully.

I am really enjoying wearing my baby a lot in different slings and co-sleeping every night. Just wanted to try and learn more about her. So I thought taking the ec step might help me to get to know her even better. Plus I want to try and help reduce waste.

I heard some other members talking about ec and I started reading about it. I am trying to get as much info as I can on it.

I've made a little list of the things I am going to buy to make it a bit exciting so my husband can maybe join in.

So far I'm going to get these things

- a round tub (sometimes people use them to soak their feet in
    - terry flats for play time on the floor
    - microfleece for soft wipes

I don't really want to use one of those baby potty things yet. I thought if I got a nice round tub it would give me a lot more room for trying to catch whatever she does.

I bought some baby legs too so that might keep her warmer while we are trying during nappy free time. They are like baby leg warmers.

I'm actually hoping to start today. I'm just going to use some old towels and a bucket I have here. I'm sure you could use just about anything but I just don't want my husband to think I've lost the plot. It may take some getting used to.

I think it will be easier when it is warmer as I guess she won't need to wear pants in summer.

What are your thoughts on my plan? Any other advice is most welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup go for it!! Not having to change sooo many nappies HAS to be a good thing!

I first read about it in a book by James Woodford, he's just written a tiny little sentence about it. My boyfriend read it after me and he was even more keen than me! I think once your husband sees its not hard and its less nappies to change he'll swing pretty quick - but then I haven't done it!

I'm not planning to co-sleep so it'd be nappies at night and hopefully a chance to go to the toilet when I'm up to feed.

Many people just use their toilet or the bathroom basin (i'm thinking maybe the laundry basin) there are some great pics on one of the websites about safe holding techniques. See if I can find it.

Many people start with getting the morning poo caught (as usually bubs will go as soon as they wake up) and then carry on from there.

Hope you don't have carpet!