+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What was your cycle like after Implanon removal?

I had my implanon out approx 3 months ago now. I had it in for 2 years and 9 months in total. In the beginning I had no periods with the implanon in, then they became erratic, then they became heavy as (lots of clotting), then they became eratic and every couple of weeks and then I got it taken out..

The first period showed up 27 days after removal and lasted 2 days, heavy on first night/day.. light on last. Similarly the last 2 have also been the same.. arrive after 27 days and last a couple of days.. lighter than I used to get before I had the implanon in.

Prior to implanon i used to be every 28 days to the letter and 5 days of bleeding religiously..

How have others found their AF after implanon removal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews

Question Change of cycle or pregnant??

Great question! I had implanon for just over two years and then broke it in a waterfight (oops) so go it replaced had it for a further 3 months and had it removed on the 25th Jan which was the 2nd day of my AF and went for 7 day which it never does. I never missed a period on implanon always 27-28 day cycle and then would have like a 3-4 day period.
    Since the removal I haven't got another period, it was due two and a bit weeks ago... and I'm confused. I have tried HPT a couple of times which have been negative except the last which has a very very faint positive. So I don't know if i'm pregnant or whether my cycle is just getting back to normal?
    I'm not feeling nausiated at all... get a little dizzy at times, and tired (but am working shift work) I have put on a bit of weight which I thought would be the opposite since I took the implanon out... but maybe i'm just reading into things... very confused!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine for about 2 years before taking it out to TTC. While I had it in I didn't get my period once!!! When it came out my cycles were completely out of whack and could be up to 50 days long!!! Not so good when TTC!!!! However the length of AF was the same as before always 5 days and really heavy for the first day or two then really light for the rest! Luckily it only took us 2 cycles after taking it out to get pregnant so I was definately ovulating at some point in my very very very long cycles!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default quesio

Quote Originally Posted by oscarsgirl View Post
    Great question! I had implanon for just over two years and then broke it in a waterfight (oops) so go it replaced had it for a further 3 months and had it removed on the 25th Jan which was the 2nd day of my AF and went for 7 day which it never does. I never missed a period on implanon always 27-28 day cycle and then would have like a 3-4 day period.
    Since the removal I haven't got another period, it was due two and a bit weeks ago... and I'm confused. I have tried HPT a couple of times which have been negative except the last which has a very very faint positive. So I don't know if i'm pregnant or whether my cycle is just getting back to normal?
    I'm not feeling nausiated at all... get a little dizzy at times, and tired (but am working shift work) I have put on a bit of weight which I thought would be the opposite since I took the implanon out... but maybe i'm just reading into things... very confused!
    Can i ask what ended up happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had implanon in for 6 months and had it out because I bled heavy every day for the entire time (it was awful!) within three days of having it out I had no period for 6 weeks. Then 7 day heavy, 4 week break 7 day heavy and then 4 week break and 3 day heavy, medium, light and then that continued on until now I got depo injection so bracing myself for craziness! I hate contraception but also don't want to fall pregnant any time soon