View Poll Results: Would you continue your pregnancy if...?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

74 37.95%
  • no

85 43.59%
  • other

36 18.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no i wouldn't terminate.

if i want to have more children i will need to have genetic testing done as both of my son's have autism. but even if it came back that i did have marker genes for it or DH did, i don't think it would change our decision to have another child. our boys are wonderful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Diamond Eyes I teach kids with autism and my brother has it. They are beautiful souls.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my 1st pregnancy I would have said yes I'd terminate if bub had DS or something similar.

Since having my gorgeous daughter and losing a bub, I wouldn't and I'm not even sure I'll have the tests done next time around.

I don't judge either way though, that's just my thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a NT scan done, at first I bawled my eyes out not wanting to do it afraid of what it would reveal. But then I remembered my cousin this last Christmas, she had to give birth to a 6month baby due to chromosone problem the organs had developed outside the stomach. I knew that would be worse to handle. if I had gotten a high risk I wouldve had further testing before I made any decision, but I think we would have terminated if there was any big life threatening problems, it's worse to let the bub suffer in pain but I would never be happy with the decision or forget. 4 years ago I had a very early MC, days after a positive reading I Mc but I still think about it.

Expecting our first on the 14th of August..

Sent from IPhone using Bubhub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost my 18 mth old little boy just over a year ago. He was born with a genetic disease which didn't present till he was 15 mths old. There was no testing and he showed no symptoms till then. Now knowing we carry these mutations , I am having a CVS on the twins I'm carrying. If they come back to carry the same we would abort. I couldn't put another baby thru what my little man went thru. I don't think I would survive that pain again either.

FYI - the disease he had is fatal for children, there is no cure and most kids don't see past 3 yrs of age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think I would continue with a pregnancy if there was something wrong. I say this but depending on circumstances this could change as this kind of decision would be the hardest of my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be a very hard decision to make.

Ds has a hormone deficiency and non of the test's that i had when pregnant told us that he had it and since ds's needs are so high i think if i were to get pregnant again and that baby had a disability i think i would be leaning towards the yes i would terminate.
    But not all conditions/disabilities show up on the scans and tests so that's how it is very hard to decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MummaG23
    *hugs* your little angel didn't stay long but atleast he got to experience your love and cuddles. I hope these twins are healthy and won't suffer xx

Expecting our first on the 14th of August..

Sent from IPhone using Bubhub.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahpez For This Useful Post:

MummaG23  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaG23 View Post
    I lost my 18 mth old little boy just over a year ago. He was born with a genetic disease which didn't present till he was 15 mths old. There was no testing and he showed no symptoms till then. Now knowing we carry these mutations , I am having a CVS on the twins I'm carrying. If they come back to carry the same we would abort. I couldn't put another baby thru what my little man went thru. I don't think I would survive that pain again either.

FYI - the disease he had is fatal for children, there is no cure and most kids don't see past 3 yrs of age
    Massive hugs to all if you who had to make a tough decision.

Good luck with your CVS, I pray they'll be A-okay.

My NT results are back on Thursday, I feel sick thinking about them - but i know I'd have to interrupt my pregnancy if anything were wrong. I feel so sad even thinking in, little own writing it down

Hubbing from my iPhone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

MummaG23  (13-02-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im undecided.

I too didnt get my early scan because i didnt want to know. I feared I would terminate if something was a miss and I also didnt want to be faced with that decision.

After 3 years of TTC'ing i had decided I would love what ever baby I was gifted with, weather it be downs or deformed etc she was entrusted to me and I would love and care for her one way or another.

DD was (is) my 1st child, and now that I actually have an idea of what is involved in parenting and caring for a normal healthy child, and also witnessing what is involved in caring for a downs child (via a friend) I think I would make a different decision next time round.