+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

it made my cycles a bit longer which i dont mind as normally its like 24 days....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starf1sh!! That's fantastic, amazing news, CONGRATULATIONS!! Bet you are in absolute shock, of the best kind of course...Also I really wouldnt worry about taking DhEA till week 5 of your preg - I weaned off between week 4 and 5, I think others have done similarly. Nothing much is happening development wise in the genital department (where it could have a *theoretical* effect - never proven) till later in preg...

Amida - if you were taking 75mg/day perhaps you need a lower dose, like 50 mg/day (that's what my FS routinely uses).

Jay - I came to similar conclusions after reading the research. To me it's encouraging that it's not just one research center reporting these results but several. I really hope it works for you & good luck with your cycles!

Mum4Nay - I think my cycles became slightly longer but only by a day or so and not consistently. As for the increased libido - I kept waiting for that to happen I dont know much about taking DHEA in the long term for non-fertility benefits, but I cant see that a low dose would be harmful if your blood levels were on the low side to start off with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish – huge congratulations to you. Maybe the DHEA just gave you the slight boost you needed – your AMH was pretty good wasn’t it? Go the DHEA! Such inspiring wonderful news!

Oh Mum4nay – hopefully another natural miracle – wouldn’t that be awesome!

Jay – hope DHEA helps you! Interesting that the benefit rises for 5 months

Anenome – thanks for that article you posted! Congrats on team blue – wonderful news – hope ur travelling well – you must be halfway by now!

Lets bring on more DHEA miracles in 2011!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

Well no natural miracles for me... 2 POAS's can't be wrong. I'm day 41 and have just restarted charting... and looks like I still haven't even ovulated yet??! Not sure I like this DHEA?? I'm wondering if I"ll have the same experience as Amida??
    (thanks for sharing amida!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mum4nay - how strange and frustrating for you. Can you have a BT to give you some idea of where you are at? Hope all works out soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mum4nay,
    I agree with PinkB, get a bt & see what's going on with those hormones. After I had a lap AF just did not make an appearance, I think I got to cd 56 before I got well & truly jack of it. The clinic nurses at kogarah were awesome when I rang up complaining & bt showed all my levels were at baseline so I was able to start a stim cycle immediately. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I have been on DHEA for 3 months now.
    Increased libido - check
    Oily hair/skin - check

Quantity of eggies - to be determined - My first cycle I had 4 follies, 2 eggs. Both fert but didnt make 3day transfer, 6weeks on DHEA I had 4 follies with 2 littlies... and got 6 eggs, only 1 fert and he made it to day 3... was a BFN but I was happy to get to transfer. This cycle, 3 months exactly on DHEA, the scan yesterday showed 5 follies on left and 3 on right. I am on CD12 now of cycle, and we are doing epu on Friday CD15. Fingers crossed I get 8 eggies of mature size and they are good quality.
    Which leads me to: quality of eggies - to be determined - that they make it to transfer and I get a viable pregnancy out of it....This cycle we are doing ICSI as they prepare the eggs differently, and can study the eggs more.

I have another scan Wednesday and will update as I go....

Mel

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Anemone, I've been on DHEA for just over 1 month and my skin is like a deep fyer! Pimples are only a little worse on my face but my back seems to be getting them all. I've gone from washing my hair 1-2 times a week to every second day. As for the increased energy and all... I'm still waiting.

I was just wondering how sensitive the AMH test you ladies have had. My test gave a result of less than three. I want to know exactly what the number is because to me 1 seems very different to 3.

Jay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya,

I've been nearly 2 months on 75mg of DHEA and getting a really really itchy scalp. Hair is greasier so I put it just down to that, however, my lovely mother (!!?!) tells me that she had a really itchy scalp when she was menopausal. Thanks mum (NOT), cause now every time I scratch my head ie 5 times per minute, I'm paranoid about menopause....

anyone out there with an itchy head???????

Also, has anyone ever retested AMH after 6 months on DHEA?? that was my plan ... assess my chances or give up altogether.

thanks,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mum4nay: i also got an intchy scalp which i put down to the greasiness and it felt yuck like more dandruff but not really....i would re-test for sure why not...if i do 2 cycles after being on dhea 4-6 months and get bfn's i will retest too.

jay: it is hard i find to get a clear interpretation of what an amh level actually means....all i know is that my FS told me mine was 4 in august 2009 b4 the sept bfp which i got my little man...she said that "wasnt too bad, as long as its higher than 1"...but other ppl have ben told there by FS the result is crap with higher levels so beats me...
    Last edited by jfblady72; 01-02-2011 at 13:57.