+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,

Starfish - I definitely had more pimples on DHEA, which annoyed me as I have had them ever since a teenager! I got them on my face (mild) and back (worse). Yes - worse leading up to AF - which has always been the pattern for my pimples even before DHEA. But the good news is that they have cleared up v well after stopping DHEA....I didnt seem to get extra hair, but had a very oily scalp.
    I think its encouraging to get some symptoms, as annoying as they are...

Pink - Hope you recovered well from the lap. Interested to hear how you went with Dr S....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - I am one week short of 3 months on DHEA and i too had a re-appearance of pimples but mainly on my face - yep its a good look - and huge stubborn pimples too - I'm a freak!!! Also oiler hair again. I also had heaps of nausea and dry retching during stim phase of this cycle - that was full on. Yep, hoping its all in helping improve chances! please!!!

Anenome - how ru travelling??? - halfway thru now - thats fantastic - hope all good! I have got on well with Dr S. Had loads of tests plus lap etc. My endo is gone which shocked me. All clear other than low AMH and clotting prob. he basically said I have had two seperate problems at 2 seperate times - before DD it was endo, now its eggs - like lightning striking twice - must buy that lottery ticket! Anyway feel better for having covered all bases and now trying clexane in the mix too. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I've also just started on DHEA so I read this thread with interest. No symptoms for me yet.

And I also have been to Dr S and will probably cycle with him next year. He seems ok, wrote me the script for DHEA without even being prompted.

I hope and pray that the DHEA will be our miracle girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so Mum4nay - fingers crossed for us all I hope Dr S has lots of to bring you your BFP ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I only had mild hair-loss at the temples with DHEA which was worst when taking it whilst on the pill. But it has started to grow back already just 2 weeks after stopping it. I have always had facial acne problems and it has been bad in recent years because my skin has become so dry with age. But the DHEA was actually great for my skin because it gave it back some moisture. It's funny how it affects different people. I was only on 50 mg/day tho and I did have a couple of pimples appear on my shoulder when I upped to 75 for my last cycle, but they cleared pretty quickly and no more appeared. I think my facial hair is a little fluffier too, but I'm fair so it doesn't show too much.

Starfish, re: worse around ovulation, that makes total sense because your estrogen levels drop to trigger LH production. If DHEA is not being converted to estrogen, then it will accumulate as testosterone and cause greater androgen symptoms. My hair didn't become greasy, however my scalp did become a bit irritated and I developed some dandruff. PPS anti-dandruff worked a treat tho and that disappeared quickly too.

But the most potent side-effect for me has been the chronic indigestion resulting from the that DHEA gave us I hope that it works its magic for all of you too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drmummy For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (15-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pink - That's fantastic that your endo has stayed away despite stim cycles etc - at least its one less thing to worry about. Now hopefully the DHEA will be working its magic on your eggs and the clexane on the coag issue. Im glad its gone well with Dr S. Sending you much for the TWW and crossing everything that this one brings your BFP!

Mum4Nay - wow, an unprompted DHEA script, that's the holy grail ! Enjoy your break before your next cycle and may DHEA do great things in the meantime!

DrMummy - Congratulations!! I was so excited to see you got your BFP. Another DHEA success story! Im crossing everything for a very healthy little bean at the scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrM, thanks for the medical explanation, always so helpful yep it is most definately worse around ovulation. Glad to hear the symptoms settle down quickly after you stop taking it. I also have the 'fluffier' facial hair but not really a prob as I am also a blondy. I also reckon my leg and underarm hair has been growing faster (and needing waxing more often) but maybe I am imagining that?

Hi Anemone, also very excited to see you are over half way! Do you know if you are having a or a (I really wanted to use those!)

PinkB, I hear you, I'm feeling just a little bit hideous! Interesting about the nausea/dry wretching during stim phase, not looking forward to that!

Mum4nay, I imagine Dr S started you on 75mg? You probably already read this but my advice is to take it early in the day, it can cause insomnia. I take 2 at breaky and 1 at lunch. Good luck!!

I am quite excited to cycle again in January and see what might be different after 4 months on it (of course a DHEA natural miracle would also be welcome in the meantime.....oh well I can dream! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone see this?

http://nutritiondietnews.com/dhea-su...rtility/85724/

it was in a few papers in new york. Don't think the research is new but still interesting!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (16-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Girls,

Thanks Starfish - I'm sleeping ok so far, but may do the same as you if it becomes a problem....

Did you all wait the 3-4 months taking DHEA before cycling again? Dr S said at my age I have no time to waste and shouldn't wait ..... but I also have no $$ to waste either?

I'm feeling more oily, but it's also hotter so I'm not sure. I don't feel any smarter or more energy though - do you?? Hopefully that's to come?

Bye for now,

Thanks
    Reviews
    PB - I was very sorry to read in another thread that this cycle did not give you a BFP. Hope you can take some time out over Xmas and regroup - its still such early days on the DHEA for you and I am v hopeful that the next cycle will be better.

Thanks for that link. I looked at the CHR website and followed some links and I think I've found the actual study. Very interesting to see some evidence that it may reduce chromosomal abns. Unusually, the whole paper is available free via PubMed, so we can see all the details. Useful for anyone wanting to take in something to show their FS as well...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2992540/

Mum4Nay - I only waited 2m after starting DHEA before my first IVF cycle. My FS was also in the "no time to waste" camp, and also it was good to establish a baseline for me as I hadnt cycled before taking DHEA. I think it is a tricky one to weigh up - in favour of waiting, there is the $$ factor, and the fact that benefits of DHEA seem to be greatest after 3m. But on the other hand, it is hard to wait out that time, esp if there are other factors meaning that natural conception is unlikely, and its also true that you never know which month your ovaries just happen to be lining up for a good month....

Starf1sh
    Hope you have a great break and that your cycle goes really well in the new year (or a natural DHEA miracle beforehand!)
    ---pg ment---
    in answer to your Q, we are on team blue! Of course we would have been ecstatic either way...

Hope all the ladies here have a wonderful break over the festive season and may 2011 bring you incredible things!
    xo A