+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Starfish,
    I was taking 50mg/day as my FS believes that's enough, and yes all in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your info guys,

by the way Anenome - congratulations on your 7 week scan - I stalked you to check all was OK - I am so very happy for you

I am now taking the 75mg I was prescribed but I really need to chat more to a FS that prescribes it as my FS doesn't prescribe it - someone else had to write the script.

I am interested as to why some say 50mg and some 75mg?

Also Starfish and Anenome did/will your FS plan to do any testing whilst on DHEA to ensure the levels are OK etc. ?

After my low follie and egg count this cycle I am really hoping it makes the difference!

I am hoping for all these great side effects that the centre for human reproduction list too:

....Improved overall feeling, Physically stronger, Improved sex drive, Mentally sharper, Better memory

Sounds good to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB, FS hasn't mentioned having levels checked as yet but will ask when I am at the clinic next week.

Btw loving the great side effects!
    "....Improved overall feeling, Physically stronger, Improved sex drive, Mentally sharper, Better memory"

Will be watching out for those!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry girls, didnt see the updates to the thread.

Pink - thanks, hun. Im wishing you a very sticky BFP for this cycle (I think I saw in another thread you are in the 2ww?)...

On the dose thing, my FS has said that b/c there are no randomized trials to test the dose, the dose is purely anecdotal /trial and error. And there have been published case reports with good results with 50 mg (in some cases return of the cycle and BFP after what had seemed like premature menop ). But, that said, it seems most FS give 75 mg and that's what the CHR team in the US do and have had their great results with.

Starfish - Ive got e'thing Xd for you too! Glad the sleep was better with taking it earlier.

I had no monitoring for mine, and never got around to asking FS about it, was planning to after 6m.

Are you girls finding you're getting greaser skin / hair and pimples? Not the nicest side-effect but I found it reassuring that something was happening...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Anemone,
    Glad to read all went well with your scan (sorry bit behind the times!) and you are on your way!

I have been on DHEA for about a month now and yes have definately noticed hair gets dirtier quicker and needs washing more frequently BUT my skin looks fantastic! (hope it stays that way!)

How about you PinkB and any others taking DHEA?
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 10-10-2010 at 17:05. Reason: omission

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Anenome - yes I am in the dreaded TWW - BT this friday - pretty sure its a negative but hoping that DHEA will help me in the future.

So glad all is well - it musn't be too long until your 12 week scan ??? hoping all goes well for you there. Your pregnancy is really inspiring me !

Starfish - in terms of symptoms I had terrible pimples at first but they settled a bit - hopefully not to return - have only been on it 3 weeks this week so I am keeping a watch on things. I was really worried my voice was going to get deeper as my voice kept "breaking" but it was just the slight cold I had - so relieved

I have been doing a fair bit of googling about DHEA - its amazing too the number of spontaneous pregnancies on it also and lots of success stories too.

have a good evening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear symptoms have settled PinkB. Btw I asked FN's about bt's to monitor DHEA and they said no need. I am also part of a research study FS is doing with DHEA so not sure yet what this might involve, will let you know.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 12-10-2010 at 06:12. Reason: correction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, how interesting, good on him for doing some research into it. I am booked in for a 2nd opinion with your FS next week if my cycle is negative - so I am even more interested in his ideas now! Glad no monitoring required!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a deal with my FS if DHEA changed my AMH levels then I would proceed to another attempt of IVF with my eggs. After taking DHEA for 3 months there was no change. My BT levels were 1 before & 3 months after taking DHEA my levels were still 1.

I decided not to go down that path and I've just done a FET (with my twin sisters eggs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB - thanks, hun ! Sending you much for Friday! God the waiting is awful, hey? Glad the voice thing cleared up too!

Helenmac - that's a very rational approach because they do say that those whose AMH improves have the highest chances with DHEA - Im sorry to hear yours didn't go up. But its fantastic that you're now doing a donor cycle, how exciting! All the very best of luck for BT!

Starfish - wow, that's wonderful that some Aus research on DHEA is being done. Love to hear what they're doing in the study.
    Last edited by anemone; 12-10-2010 at 11:54. Reason: forgot