+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole I would really like to know the answer to that too. I also read that DHEA is not good for women with PCOS - but I am desperate to try anything that will improve egg quality.

A girl in a another thread with mild PCOS said that her FS was going to prescribe it to her if her cycle didn't work so I'm confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dandelion - my FS wanted me to stop taking DHEA when I started my IVF cycle but I agree with Zwergele and I reckon it's OK to take it up to egg collection then stop. I would probably stop if you get a BFP though. I have no idea about DHEA effecting estrogen levels, I was more concerned about improving egg quality. I had limited side effects, just oily skin/pimples and I was on 3 x 25mg tablets a day. Best wishes to you in March .

Ritzy -how did your ultrasound go yesterday?

Nicole83 - Have you started on DHEA yet? Good luck with it, I hope it improves your eggs, I'm convinced it's helped my eggs and they were of very poor quality.

Mummyhopes - yes, I now believe that DHEA was the wonder drug for me too. Bet you can't wait for Tuesday's scan, I hope it is your last visit with your IVF FS .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thank you for all your replies...I think ill just take the dhea till FS says to stop. Thinking of lowering my dose to 25mg after 3 months though.

Has anyone had an earlier or later period when stopping or lowering their dose??????

Nicole, I am from Brisbane and get my dhea from terry white at Windsor, they also do it a think pharmacy at aspley (sucks cause they are both an hour drive from me!!). Normal chemists do not stock it.
    Also I am borderline pcos and my FS prescribed it to me. If your levels are low and you're on the correct dose you should get no or minimal side effects. (I have been fine on it, I take 25mg twice a day, my level when tested was 3.1, should be at least 4)
    I personally would not take dhea if my levels weren't low.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole and Dandelion - I'm just crashing the thread here . I also live in Brisvegas and I have found the most super dooper cheap chemist is Indooroopilly Compounding Pharmacist in Station Road. Also take the receipt to your health fund and they will give you same $$ back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies - will call FS tomorrow to double check it won't adversely affect my pcos situation. I'm willing to try anything I just don't want the opposite affect! I'm not even sure what my dhea levels are. Will ask FS about that too...

Thanks Amandamoo - indro is close to me so I will go with that one! Will call them tomorrow to see how long it will take to make up.
    Last edited by nicole83; 19-02-2012 at 21:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - when I put my script in, I had to pay $$ the same time and I think I collected it the next day. Seriously make sure they can read Wazza's scribble - cause they got my dosage wrong and I had to wait the following week .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Nicole - when I put my script in, I had to pay $$ the same time and I think I collected it the next day. Seriously make sure they can read Wazza's scribble - cause they got my dosage wrong and I had to wait the following week .
    Ohhh ok thanks for all the tips hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Got my levels checked last week. Fs finally got back to me... My level is 12.9!! App normal is 2.7-9.2 so in his words I am more than adequate!

See how this goes... I'm praying it's not too high!

What was all of your levels??

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Hi girls!

Got my levels checked last week. Fs finally got back to me... My level is 12.9!! App normal is 2.7-9.2 so in his words I am more than adequate!

See how this goes... I'm praying it's not too high!

What was all of your levels??

Xx
    Good luck hun, when do you cycle, how long have you been on it now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nicole,

I've been on it just over 4 months now.. Just waiting for af which is due next week eek!!

How are you going?