+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg mummy,

That is the most amazing news! Congrats to you and your dh!!!

You give me hope!! I have been on dhea since early October.

Amazing news!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jessesgirl

I wish you every luck in the world and please do not give up on getting a BFP and DHEA... we are still in shoch today but feel good at the same time that this was meant to be.

NEVER give up on hope....xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyhopes For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummyhopes,, wow your inspiring story gives me hope! We are in similar situation re sperm issues and LOR.. Sometimes I feel that I may be just too impatient and am trying to do IVF taking things into my own hands. But the fear of not having another child due to LOR, sperm issues and age drives us to seek treatment. I get really confused esp when it doesnt work cycle after cycle, which makes me wonder if I should really just surrender and let nature take its course. You are the second one I hear today having a natural BFP after trying IVF. I am so encouraged that it can happen. Thanks!

I stopped my DHEA after a month as I get really confused about its usage and effects....esp when mine comes in a 75mg capsule which I cannot divide into a a few times a day.. Do we continue to take it throughout the whole IVF cycle? Even during the 2ww? Even during AF? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2OneDS...I understand completely with how you feel about DHEA, I felt the same but I felt I had nothing to lose and my FS told me of 2 patients of his who were considered infertile and yet after 5 months on DHEA, they conceived naturally.
    As for your dosage being in one capsule, that seems strange but I must admit there were days that I took all 3 caps at once and even some days where I forgot and only took 1-2 but I really do feel that it was the DHEA that allowed me to conceive.
    I saw my FS yesterday and he too was very surprised, especially when I explained I only ovulated at day 33 (and he had cancelled my FET). I had a BT yesterday and my HCG was 242 and Prog 113...he said I am 4wk pregnant and he was very happy with these numbers.
    Try to persist as what have you got to lose?
    He also told me he to stay on 75mg of DHEA until 7 week scan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I've posted on this thread before. Have been on a seven month break from IVF, started taking DHEA in August 2011 50mg per day. My husband and I are due to start our third cycle at the end of this week. Hopefully DHEA has made a difference! I'll update you once the cycle is finished :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Mom2OneDS - how are you holding up in the TWW? I hope you're keeping yourself busy and that time will fly for you.

Mummyhopes - thank you so so much for your story from a few weeks ago about being on DHEA and conceiving naturally. How long did you take it before you got your BFP and when did you stop taking it? Your FS wants you to keep taking DHEA until your 7 week scan, but my FS wanted me to stop taking it when I started IVF, I'm so confused.

Ritzy - best wishes with your next cycle, let's hope this is the one for you!

AFM - have started my 4th IVF cycle, been sniffing and jabbing, going for a BT tomorrow and US on Friday, hopefully having EPU next week, but not sure when yet. I'm really worried that I haven't been on DHEA long enough (3 months) as well as being off it for a month before starting IVF again. I only stopped because I ran out of DHEA and was due to start IVF a few weeks later. I suppose I'll know next week to see if I made a mistake or not. If it hasn't worked this time I'll take DHEA for another 3 months before beginning the next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris,
    I took DHEA for 5 months prior to BFP, non-stop (during IVF also) and FS wants me to continue. I have read things which state DHEA should be stopped once pregnant. I have reduced my intake to 2 per day (50mg total). I ovulated VERY late in my cycle (day33) and my BFP came on day 44 of my cycle - DH and I were totally shocked!
    If you do have a break from IVF and continue with DHEA, buy yourself a bulk pack of Ovulation Kits and use it every day to see when you ovulate. I used a kit each day for about 20 days. I think i paid $24 for 28 kits.
    We are really nervous still as not feeling many symptoms still apart from very tender (.)(.).I have a 7 week scan booked for Feb 21 with FS and if all is good, we will end our IVF journey, for now. Still have a little frostie in storage.
    Good luck and baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris, yes keeping sane and trying not to read too much into things. I a on pregnyl so enjoying pregnancy symptoms i guess and imagining a lot I cannot POAS which is a good thing so will wait til Sun to POAS and then BT on Monday. I have been al over the place with my DHEA too. I get really confused about when to take it and when not to. I stop and go and stop again. It is strange how some FS discourage it and some encourage it and some say to stop before IVF and some say to continue...

Mummhopes, sore boobs a goood sign!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you mummyhopes and Mom2OneDS for your replies .

Mummyhopes - how have you been feeling? Best wishes on Tuesday for your scan .

Mom2OneDS - I had to do a double take when looking at your signature!! OMG BFP!! That is absolutely fantastic news, I'm so excited for you, congratulations .

AFM - had EPU yesterday and had 3 eggs. I wasn't feeling positive at all as my last IVF cycle I had 2 eggs and both didn't fertilise. I said to DH that I'm going to buy myself a Pandora bracelet to make me feel better, he just laughed at me but looked a bit sad as he is more clucky than me and would dearly love another child. Anyway, I was walking DS to school this morning when I received an SMS, it was from the fertility clinic. I was reading and walking (which is a bit silly I know, not to mention dangerous as I could have walked onto the road!) but I was too shocked to stand still. I couldn't believe what I was reading - all 3 eggs fertilised and I'm going for ET tomorrow .

Whether it was DHEA or the other supplements I was on that helped the fertilisation, I don't know, but a definite improvement from my last disastrous cycle . I forwarded the SMS to DH who rung me all excited, but I just couldn't get excited because the hard part now is for the emby to stick. I'll let you know in 2 weeks how I go. I just wish I can make it through the 2 weeks, not so much to see if it's a BFP (which of course would be the ultimate) but because I've never actually made it through the TWW before AF appears. Also, feeling a bit down as my cousin who is a year older than me is expecting bub no. 2 and we've been trying longer than her, damn it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    mumtochris, thanks! ours is/are sticky one(s)!!!

Hooray for the fert rate!!! That is 100%! Outstanding! And to hear that it is so far the best cycle is great too! I had 3 eggs too this cycle and all fertilised, so that is very similar! to you!!! Hope to hear good news in two weeks' time!