+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lola77 and Crofty, how are you girls travelling so far in this 2/3WW?

I just got my DHEA today from compoundia pharmacy. But was %^%$(*&@ when I saw the capsules being 1x75mg a day instead of 25mgx3 a daily. So I am wondering if I can take just 1 capsule of 75mg a day...I know most of you take 25mg thrice a day...does any of you have any experience with this? I hope it wont be a world of difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mom2OneDS---I took the 75mg tab once a day for months, as it's much cheaper, and I had no problems with any increased side effects.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mum2oneDS - wow didn't know that the DHEA came in 75mg I would think just take it at the same time everyday !!!! Any side effects yet???

Afm - well happy to say I've made it this far (never got this far before - usually AF has reared his ugly head well and truly by now) of course I'm going mad with every twinge/ stitch in my stomach, uterus and (.)(.)s, but I put all that down to the pregnyl and pessaries - I have read somewhere that the progesterone support does delay your AF???! By how long I don't know (as today would be day 31 for me if my calculations are correct) - 11days post 5day transfer - i still have another week to go (now I wish I didn't have the pregnyl so I could be testing tomorrow - hahah- but I'm also glad that it has worked in holding off AF - so can't ask for much better at this stage!!!')

Has anyone else felt extremely tired from pregnyl/pessaries ?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty ! I havent started taking them yet...hehehe...they are sitting on the shelf atm...I will be seeing my GP for my DHEA results and remove stitches for my lap this afternoon. AF is just finishing...I just am not sure if I should start right away so have been sitting on it...perhaps will start these one or two days.

For last two cycles, I believe crinone (the prog support I was on) delayed my AF. Once I stopped using, AF came almost immediately so for me it does delay but I have read other ladies not being affected by prog support.

You are 11dp5dt, sure good enough days to start testing once you are sure your pregynl is out of your system. you get your Xmas !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry it's taken me ages to reply back, but I wanted to do a proper response when I had a chance! Even now I'm supposed to be washing the dishes and then finishing last minute Christmas cards but they can wait!

Firstly, I'm so happy to hear Crofty you had 2 emby's transferred and your PUPO with twins, yippee hope they're behaving themselves, they both sound perfect and it's always good if the scientist is happy. WFC is closed from 24/12 and re-opening on 3/1, are you just going to do a HPT or do you have to go to the hospital for the BT next week? Bet the wait is getting unbearable, it is for me awaiting to hear your news, I hope Christmas is taking your mind off things. Glad your AF is staying away, mine always came well before the TWW was up too. AF for me is due on 5/1 so I'll be calling WFC to book in cycle no. 4, looking forward to seeing what effect DHEA has had on me, have been on it for 3 months as of next week.

I've heard some women on DHEA has increased energy, but I'm feeling the complete opposite. I feel tired but worse than that is I have had an increased appetite and eat everything in sight (and of course they're not healthy things, like cakes, biscuits, etc). My skin is still oily though, but at least the pimples have stabilised.

Lola - how was your BT today? Hope you have good news to share.

Mom2OneDS - I'm glad you got your DHEA finally, taking 1 tablet daily sounds easier than taking 3 times a day. What do you mean you haven't taken it yet and when did you have a lap? Are you OK, was everything OK? When do you see your GP next? I'd be starting on DHEA ASAP, the sooner you're on it the sooner you can cycle again, but of course if you're unsure then wait to see your GP. I'm glad crinone helped delay your AF, I was on it too but it never delayed mine.

If I don't get a chance before the weekend, I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and thank you all for your support and advice.

May 2012 be a happy and exciting year for us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

MumtoChris, I had my lap last Fri, FS said all looked fine inside and no endometriosis so I guess we can rule out implantation failure with our IVF. But he took a biopsy for NK cell testing (I requested) and i will know the result 3 Jan when I see him. I started my DHEA two days ago after AF almost dried up. I am not sure when I should start but I did anyway. I had a self-imposed BT on my testosterone and DHEA levels before starting and GP said my testosterone is 0.1 lower than range which is no problem at all and my DHEA is actually very safely within range! So that makes me wonder if I will be giving myself too much DHEA by supplementing...anyhow I will monitor myself the signs and symptoms and see how I go with this.

Hehe I dont like crinone delaying AF. If there is no pregnancy I would rather my AF comes properly. FOr the last cycle, I think the crinone really delayed and stopped it coming properly and I had the most sluggish AF ever which made me depressed. Thank God this month everything came back alright. IVF really does mess up our natural cycles with all those hormonal injections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear all went well, Mom2OneDS, especially having no endo, that's a relief. They found I had severe endo when I had my lap nearly 2 years ago, which explains my very poor egg quality. Hope you get some positive news next Tues at your appointment. Glad to hear you've started on DHEA too, hope it works wonders for you.

Hope everyone else is doing well and gearing up for the new year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MumtoChris! I just keep thinking that so far things are showing I have poor egg quality. I keep telling myself not to give up and many ladies here really show me great examples on not giving up. Hoping we will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

May the new year be less of a roller coaster ride for us all!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies here, where are you? Mumtochris, crofty...how are you ladies?

I am currently in my cycle 4 and have finished one month of DHEA. Triggering tonight and having my EPU on Sat.

I am just wondering for those of you who tried DHEA during your cycles and do blood tests, do you get high LH readings? For the first time in my 3 cycles (1st cycle no BT), my LH was on the higher side. Yesterday it was 14 and FN was concerned that I would ovulate before EPU. That was so strange.

Any of you had this sort of experience? I think it is likely to do with DHEA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DHEA friends...
    I just want to share my miracle details with you... After 3 rounds of IVF in 2011 which ended sadly I am happy to say that we have just conceived naturally and I owe it all to DHEA. I have been on 75mg of DHEA since August and while we have been waiting to AF to arrive to commence next cycle for our ICE BABY to be transferred we got BFP!!!
    We are shocked and I still can't believe it but when FS did a scan on Jan 3, he said my fillies were of a great size and this was without doubt due to DHEA...was happy and looking forward to AF but today at day 45, no AF but BFP...
    So please ladies, don't give up on it...we had been told by 2 FS that we had 1% chance of natural conception. DH every issue possible with his sperm and my AMH 3.4 but we proved science wrong...now let's just hope it stays there.

Baby dust to all and keep on with DHEA!!!