+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats lilybaby on your long awaited BFP

It's nice to hear stories like yours, thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 13-11-2011 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for the welcome mumtochris!

Wow lily that's awesome news!! Love hearing this great news especially when it involves dhea!

I'll pop on after the storm that's fast approaching!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!!

How are you on this Monday morning?

Mumtochris - How are lovely? Was wondering how you got melatonin? I mentioned it to my Fs last time I saw him and he didnt have a problem with me going on it.. Did you get a script for it? Any side effects? Do you have to be on it a certain amount of time for it to work etc? Will get on google today and research but its nice to hear info from the horses mouth IYKWIM?

I haven't had any bad side effects with dhea yet, noticed my hair is getting dirty quicker but my face is fine no breakouts at all- but in saying that I get microdermabration and medical peels for acne once a month so maybe it's combating it..

I had my follow up appt with fs on Satuday morning and he said he took out a 'significant' amount of endo from my right side and what he thought was a polyp but turned out not to be anything but skin.. Overall he said that it was worth doing the surgery and Im happy with that.. have some cool bruises - battle scars too!

Feeling great today, no pain and healing really well.. So he has done our acitivation for january and will be on 250 gonal this time, last time was 200 and didnt get bloated at all.. fingers are crossed! I am on so much as well as dh.. over 12-14 vitamins a day plus herbs etc.. I have worked it out that i will have been on been on dhea 3 months to the day for our Januray cycle..

How was your weekend!?

X
    Last edited by jessesgirl; 14-11-2011 at 09:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok Im an oil slick today!!!! Haha!! It's hit me like a truck! Wow thank god the pimples haven't affected me ... Yet! Touch wood!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone ,

I had a lovely weekend, thanks for asking Jessesgirl, well, if you call cleaning the house lovely, which I would say yes because it's looks so much better when everything is neat and tidy.

In regards to Melatonin, I get it from my local chemist but it's not a high strength dosage and I would be probably better off getting a script. The main thing I wanted to try was DHEA so at least I have that now, everything else I take I just buy from the local chemist or vitamin shop. I don't seem to have many side effects from the Melatonin, or none that I've noticed. The good thing about Melatonin is that it helps with insomnia, which is a symptom of DHEA, so maybe that's a good thing.

I know you can order Melatonin online from either http://www.biovea-australia.com/?gcl...FUxS4godMR630w or http://www.evidencia-australia.com/c...melatonin.html. I read it somewhere about it on Bub Hub. Sorry, can't remember.

I've been told as a general rule that whatever vitamin/supplement etc you are on, for it to start working properly the optimum time to take it is 3 months, which is sometimes hard to do and frustrating for us TTC as waiting just seems that's all we do.

Glad to hear Jessesgirl that your op went well too, maybe that's all you need to get your BFP, I hope so . Wow, you take up to 14 vitamins a day, that's amazing, good luck with it all.

Enjoy the week everyone .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Ok Im an oil slick today!!!! Haha!! It's hit me like a truck! Wow thank god the pimples haven't affected me ... Yet! Touch wood!
    X
    Yeah, me too actually, but the pimples have started and I'm getting them in weird places like the back of my neck, on my scalp and in between my boobs. Damn it, there goes wearing my bikini

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Maybe it was already menttioned on this thread somewhere but I have a few questions regarding DHEA.

Do you have to get a script for DHEA?

And how much dosage is effective for improving egg quality?

And were you tested for DHEA or/and testosterone levels before taking it?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Mum2OneDS

Yes, you do need a script for DHEA. I did buy a bottle from our local vitamin shop but it's not the same strength.

The best dosage to take is 75mg per day (3 x 25 mg tablets).

No, I did not get tested for testosterone before taking DHEA.

I can't wait until Jan/Feb when I find out if DHEA has worked for me hopefully it's done the trick.

Best wishes with everything

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (27-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2OneDS View Post
    Hi ladies,

Maybe it was already menttioned on this thread somewhere but I have a few questions regarding DHEA.

Do you have to get a script for DHEA?

And how much dosage is effective for improving egg quality?

And were you tested for DHEA or/and testosterone levels before taking it?

Thanks!
    Hi mon2one - yes you do need a script and you can't just go to any chemist it needs to be a compound chemist - one that makes it for u as its not batched like alot of pharmaceutical products.

I had an AMH test done before I was prescribed DHEA as I was a poor responder (highest FSH and the most u collected at EPU was 4) when I took DHEA for 10 weeks I got 10 at EPU (from 5 possible follicles!!!) and if those 9 were mature and 7 fertilized - they are all on ice as my progesterone was too high before EPU to be able to transfer - so I start blood tests to track for my FET this week!!!

Good luck 🍀

DH 36 (low motility) - Me 36 (low AMH), TTC since 2009
    ICSI - 4 x
    cycle 1 - Nov/Dec 2010, cycle 2 - Feb/Mar 2011, cycle 3 - Apr 2011, cycle 4 - Jul/Aug 2011 cycle 5 - Sept/Oct 2011

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (29-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty, you've read my mind, I forgot to mention about the compounding chemist and just remembered! Also, in regards to the script you can only get it from your FS, I tried to get it from my local GP but she's not allowed to prescribe it, so I just had to wait patiently for my next appointment with FS as she couldn't give me a prescription without talking to me first.

Crofty - That is fantastic to hear about your EPU , but sorry to hear about your progesterone being too high, but 7 fertilised is the best . Now I'm really excited about my next cycle as I too have always had low numbers at EPU and never had a frostie yet. Good luck with your FET this week, let us know how it all goes

Mum2OneDS - you sound almost exactly like me when I read your signature. I have one DS who is 6 and I have LOR, my AMH is 6.1 and DH has MFI. Also, my first 2 cycles were long and my third was antagonist. I hope we both have success with our 4th cycle!
    Enjoy your week everyone