+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So have you had the results yet????????????????????????????????????

Can we officially celebrate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I was lucky enough to see my FS yesterday afternoon as she had a cancellation and straight away I went to Westpoint Blacktown to get DHEA, yippeeeeeee - thanks so much Crofty!!

I was a bit sad yesterday because I was told that my eggs are of really poor quality and there is a very slim chance of us ever falling pregnant again. This is probably the result of severe endo which I had removed last year and that I probably had for many years but was undiagnosed. I had to get a blood test this morning to determine my AMH levels but it's not looking good. Just hoping that DHEA is going to be my miracle drug.

BTW - I've been on Coenzyme Q10, Melatonin & Royal Jelly for a few weeks now and AF is overdue and I'm never overdue. Of course I had to POAS but it was a negative and because I have all the symptons of her coming I know she's on her way. Now I'm scared that she may not come at all and I'm going through menopause or something. So my question is - has anyone experienced any delays when taking all these at once?

Bubs4Kylee - I am taking the same big gold jar of Royal Jelly but it only says to take 2 a day, did you just give yourself extra? I'm now taking 4 a day (2 each every breakfast and dinner).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!!

I too have just started 75mg dhea! Not looking forward to the side effects at all but what do we do? I think the good outweigh the bad..

I was taking 300mg q10 for a week and had terrible runs! So dropped it to 150mg and seems to be fine.. Guess that will have to do!

Do you think it will be long enough for me to be on it from now til our January cycle which will be around 5th January..??

Best of luck everyone!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Jesse - I was only on DHEA for 8 or 9 weeks I think (200 tabs, 3 x 75 tabs each day, I took mine same time everyday (so had 4 x alarms set in my phn when I started cycling again) my FS did stress how important it was to take regularly

Not sure how much was in my coq10 - and I took mine at night (the 8.30 pm alarm)

Good luck  hoping u get g8 egg numbers - mine nearly tripled (mind u have very low AMH and usually get 4 eggs retrieved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Welcome Jesse - I was only on DHEA for 8 or 9 weeks I think (200 tabs, 3 x 75 tabs each day, I took mine same time everyday (so had 4 x alarms set in my phn when I started cycling again) my FS did stress how important it was to take regularly

Not sure how much was in my coq10 - and I took mine at night (the 8.30 pm alarm)

Good luck  hoping u get g8 egg numbers - mine nearly tripled (mind u have very low AMH and usually get 4 eggs retrieved
    Hi crofty!

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully it will be ok to cycle then....but you are on 75x 3 a day... Did you get many side effects? Wonder if I could up my dose.... My friends have been giving me grief from the dhea (in a nice way) calling me Steve!! I crack up hearing it!

Wow tripled! That's amazing! We're they much better? I had 5 empty follies really hoping it will make a difference! Do you mind me asking what your AMh is? Mine was 10.9 - Fs wasnt concerned as he has got many ladies utd with 1.0 amh... Still worried me immensely!

Have you managed to get any frosties?

X
    Last edited by jessesgirl; 20-10-2011 at 13:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    Sorry it's been so long to update. After my great news of being pregnant. It turned out being a chem pregnancy. :-(
    So now I'm scheduled for an embryo transfer on Monday. I still believe my great amount of good eggs comes down to dhea.....

It's good to see this thread pick up again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs4kylee View Post
    Hi ladies.
    Sorry it's been so long to update. After my great news of being pregnant. It turned out being a chem pregnancy. :-(
    So now I'm scheduled for an embryo transfer on Monday. I still believe my great amount of good eggs comes down to dhea.....

It's good to see this thread pick up again.
    Hi kylee,

Sorry to hear about your chem.. Im glad you have been able to move forward.. This road really does suck doesn't it!

How long we're you on dhea? I'm noticing my hair is alittle more oiler but skin has has been fine so far..

I have an appt with my fs this morning to review my lap, hyster, curettage and I have a feeling he will push a cycle in late November.. How long we're u on it before you cycled?

Best of luck for Monday! Exciting!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jessegirl

I was on it for 8 weeks. My hair was so oily on it as well. Skin wasn't much chop either. I went from normally having about 3-6 eggs max for EPU to having 13 at U/S but two were too big so by the time they did EPU I had 11. They also did PICSI which assists with MFI and we got 8 fertilize which is phenominal as we normally have a very low fertilization rate. That also was the egg that I got pregnant from. Now I am doing my first ever FET. They thawed 5 as they were all frozen on day 1 which is the 2PN stage. Out of the 5 thawed, 4 are still going strong. They checked yesterday on day 3 to see how they are fairing and to change the medium that they are in and all 4 have split between 6 & 8 cells. That is the best possible outcome as 1 didnt make it from the start. so tomorrow at westmead fertility clinic they are putting the two best back in and are freezing the two other at blastocycst stage. Fingers crossed as this is my 5th cycle this year.
    Each time it has got closer so somethings gotta give. Will post the outcome in a week or so.
    Good luck ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs4kylee - I am so sorry to hear your news . I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, good luck with your ET . Glad to hear you believe DHEA has helped you, I hope it does the same for me too, I've only been on it for just over a month. What a coincidence, I also go to WFC, small world.

Welcome Jessesgirl - have you experienced any side effects from the DHEA yet? I've only noticed my skin is more oily, I don't mind what side effects I get just as long as it works. If you're on DHEA for at least 2 or 3 months I think it should be fine. Good luck with your cycle in January. Also, how did your appointment go with your FS after your lap?

I'm also on Coenzyme Q10, Melatonin, Royal Jelly and Elevit. I hope these all contribute to improved egg quality. I was devastated when I did my last ICSI cycle only to produce 2 eggs that were so bad quality neither of them could be fertilised. I won't know if any of these supplements are working until Jan/Feb when I do my next ICSI cycle.

I just found out my AMH level is 6.1, so pretty low but my FS is not too concerned at this stage. I now know the cause of my infertility is endometriosis, just hoping that it hasn't damaged my entire egg supply.

I've always had low numbers at EPU, but it's only been decreasing #1 = 7 eggs, #2 = 3 eggs, #3 = 2 eggs. Hopefully #4 cycle will be much much better, I'll just be happy with 1 egg fertilising and ready for ET, although I've never had the chance for frosties yet so that would be a bonus.

My fs also mentioned PICSI next time too, so we're trying all options as DH has slight MFI too! God only knows how we conceived DS! I used to think people were crazy when they said having a baby is a miracle because you would see pregnant ladies and babies everywhere. But after what we've been through over the last 4 years I totally agree that falling pregnant and having a healthy baby is a miracle.

Hello and best wishes to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I hope you dont mind me posting but after doing 9 previous ivf cycles with no hint of implantation this time I took 75mg of DHEA and 150 mg of CoQ10 for 12 weeks before starting fsh this cycle and we got our 1st ever BFP . I totally believe it was the DHEA and CoQ10 that made the difference. We got less eggs than normal (only 3) but 2 of these fert and were the best quality we've ever had. We transfered both and 1 of them is still growing away inside me.

I have to say the side effects of the DHEA werent the best (my hair is soooo thin now) but it was totally worth it and I am so glad we used it.

Sorry for butting in, I just wanted to let you know that DHEA definetly made the difference for us and I wish you all the same success

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (13-11-2011),jessesgirl  (13-11-2011),Shazzymoo  (17-11-2011)