+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi cjm1,
    My FS always said to take it until you get a BFP, so yes definitely during the 2WW. If you read back I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before on this thread and someone has given a detailed explanation of theoretical risks to the embie balanced against the need to keep DHEA levels stable to get the benefits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

Just stumbled upon this thread today, which is very timely for me as I've only been on DHEA for only a week. It has been very interesting reading and very inspiring.

I only heard about DHEA a few weeks ago from the other thread on the IVF forum about Hints, Tips, Advice and Suggestions for new IVFers. Anyway, I simply walked into our local vitamin store and bought a bottle of DHEA tablets over the counter, no worries, how come all you guys needed a script? Are there different forms of DHEA? Admittedly, each tablet is 400mg and I've been reading that you guys have been taking between 50-75 or 100mg? The bottle advises to take 1-3 tablets a day, so I've been taking 3 when I remember (but usually 2 as I seem to forget the lunch time one). Haven't noticed too much side effects yet, still early days though.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mothertochris, are you sure your DHEA you got over the counter is 400mg???? Not 400 micro grams or something? In Australia you can only get very low doses without a script (so I thought). As far as I know there is different DHEA and FS's are sometimes very clear on what compounding pharmacies to get it from, and I was on the understanding you could only get DHEA from a compounding pharmacy. 400mg is far to high for any fertility purposes, you should consult your FS. It is a male hormone so you don't want to be taking too high a dose.

Good luck and I hope that DHEA is a miracle drug for you

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

mumtochris: u are taking the homeopathic version of dhea which is very weak compared to the script version. i recommend u get a script and take the real deal . good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello jfblady72 & jayemkayare ,

Thanks for your advice. Can I get a script from my DR? If I go to my FS I would probably have to make an appointment to see her and who knows how long that will take, plus there is no guarantees she will do it for me (I've read on this thread that some FS don't like to prescribe it).

Here is a copy of the bottle of DHEA I'm on. Not sure if you can see it properly but on the label each tablet is 400mg - what is mg, is it micrograms or miligrams? You're right jfblady72, it is the homeopathic version and you're also right jayemkayare that it is a male hormone, hope I don't grow any testicles

Thanks
    Reviews
    u can get a script from any doctor, some seem happy to prescribe others are reluctant. get your dhea made up from Macquarie Street pharmacy in the city too, apparently some local compounding chemists are a bit all over the shop with how they make it up. i faxed my script to them and recieved it in the post the next day!!!! make sure your doc puts in it 100 tablets lot as thats what they come in, my fs only wrote 50 tabs so i dont have any reapeats now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (05-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I have been reading this thread over the last couple of days and it seems that most of you have had some really good results with DHEA. I'm getting my script sent from Macquarie Pharmacy tomorrow - 25mg twice a day. DH and I are going to have a five month break and we hope to get at least one healthy blastocyst out of this. If not, it will be our last cycle using my eggs but I'm keeping my fingers crossed....tightly...

Good luck to you all

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I currently get mine made up at the crows nest pharmacy as it's easier for me to get to than the city. After all the comments though, I'm thinking I should get my next refill from there. Trouble is, the pharmacy have retained my repeat. Do I have to give a reason for wanting it back or do I just ask my fs for a new one? Would feel a bit funny telling them I'm going elsewhere! Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey DHEAers - I just started mine yesterday after finding a compound chemist in Blacktown Westpoint - the pharmacist seemed really good and gave me the 100 tabs and retained the script for the next 100 which I've calculated would get me up to EPU mid Oct by my calculations (my cycle etc is pretty regular) anyone had any of the poss side effects yet? As mumtochis said hope there no growing of any extra- lol, DH laughed when FS advised if hair growth - I laughed back and reminded him of beauticians!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

ive only had a few extra zits but my scalp has been so itchy and gross this time ...i have to constantly use a anti-d shampoo every day. my fs suggested the macquaire street pharmacy becuase she had someone else get it locally and thier progesterone was all over the place until they switched to the city pharmacy (dhea can affect this and fsh etc)...so its worthwhile getting cd2 bloods done in a few months to make sure you are on the right dose....