+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i get it from my local which is also a compounding chemist, others have gotten in from melbourne and newcastle area and its worked....not sure what your FS issue is? never had to refrigerate it tho either..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    I am in Sydney & my understanding is that it can be made up at any compounding chemist. Have had my scripts filled at 2 different chemists & have never been told to refrigerate it. Hope u don't have any trouble sourcing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mel--I got mine from the Carina Day and Night compounding pharmacy, it's a little bit cheaper then The Mill for the 75mg dose.

Thanks
    Reviews

Question crazy P and LH on DHEA?

Hi Ladies, first time here but I've read through all the pages on this thread.

I've been on DHEA for 11 weeks now. I'm 32 and I have DOR - bad. My hubby has MFI which is why we started IVF/ICSI.

My last cycle started when I had been on DHEA for 9 weeks and the cycle before that I had been on DHEA for 2 weeks. In both cycles my progesterone and LH increased during stims..a no no. I also had my highest FSH ever last cycle and it was a diiisaster cycle.

I don't think it's because of the DHEA but did read on a different site about someone having high Progesterone and highest FSH on DHEA. Anybody seen or heard anything like this? I'm going to stick with it. FS didn't think it had anything to do with DHEA.

So far, only s/e is an increase in zits on the back. Everything else is fine. None of the good effects like increased libido or increased cognition. Really hoping I start to see some better results with my next cycle after being on it longer.

How long did it take for you BFP ladies? I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default dhea which pharmacy

Thanks for all you replies ladies.
    Yes im not sure why my FS suggested Macquarie street pharmacy.
    They are the only one who made me refridgerate it.
    I ordered some from Broadbeach pharmacy and its alot cheaper than the Mill pharmacy in Bris.
    Macquarie st was even cheaper $100 for 100 x 75mg pills.
    Good luck to you all and lets hope we all get a bfp from the dhea
    THANKS AGAIN
    Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mountaintop

im sure when i used it for my succesful cycle my P went up a little at the first BT after 5 days of stimming as i waa called back for another Bt the next day....i was on it for 14 weeks b4 i got BFP...good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

mountaintop  (18-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFblady - thank for sharing your experience! I'll need to talk to FS about this. They didn't think it was DHEA or the low dose pregnyl I take during stims.

I ran across Sharkey's Natural Fertility site yesterday and signed up for their emails (it's free). Once you do this you can read past emails and there is one on who should not take DHEA - mainly those with high testosterone levels from the start - mine were not, but I may ask to have mine checked...not that I want to go off of DHEA but if it's throwing things off I'll have to look into it.

Anyway, suggest checking out Sharkey's if you haven't already. Anyone ordered any of their supplements?

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to stop in and thank you all for your collective knowledge.

Im on my third Ivf/ICSI cycle. First long down reg produced 2 eggs - one grew into my 19 month monster man, and the other is a frosty. We decided to go for a fresh stim rather than use the frosty as I'd like 3 kids and figured if the frosty worked, by the time we went back for number 3, my eggs would be older, and the process would be harder having 2 small kids to drag to appointments.

Anyway, antagonist cycle produced 8 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 transferred (BFN) and others didnt make it to freezing.

So back to long down reg we go. I have epu tomorrow and only have 2/3 follicles. So while I'm still hopeful, I'm also preparing myself for a discussion with my fs. He's medical director at Sydney Ivf and so far been open to discussing all options.

Itsbeen really helpful for me to read all your experiences.

Thanks and best of luck to you all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

{birth mentioned}
    Just popping on quickly to let you know our DHEA miracle baby Xavier arrived exactly one week ago, after a long and arduous labour. Still cant believe it - it has been such a full-on journey and I am so aware of how lucky and blessed we are.

Hold the faith girls, it can happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    anemone - Congratulation on your birth . How exciting . Today is my first day on DHEA.