View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a drop as soon as I found out i was pregnant. I wanted to give myself and baby the best possible start and "not drinking" figured into that equation.
    (I did have sav blanc envy whilst holidaying in NZ tho! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i agree with some that there should be an option about drinking before you knew you where pregnant. With my first we had a massive girls weekend away so drank a load (might not be heaps for some people but i am lucky to have maybe 1 drink a month) and found out i was 8 weeks pregnant. Cant remember drinking anything else thru the pregnancy. Dont think i made a concious decision not to, just didnt feel the need.

With the second, i did a poas and it came up a bfn (i hadnt been drinking whilst ttc) and we had a family gathering so had a number of drinks and two days later when af didnt show, did another poas and it came up a bfp.

Have "had" one glass of champagne since, but dh is a great help and he drunk it on the sly for me!

But my question is - what about the alcohol that is in some foods (deserts mainly) that havent been cooked - would you eat one? Would you even know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    as far as im concerned its a very small amount of time out of your life, what better excuse not to have a drink then the beautiful child growing inside you? i didnt drink when i found out i was pregnant the first time and i wont drink when we begin ttc at the end of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never been a big drinker, so would never drink while pregnant. I had a taste of a jelly shot 2 weeks ago & felt soo bad. It would have been a drop at the most.
    My sister's best friend was there too drinking a bit while she's pregnant. Smoking too .

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im even worried about drinking when breastfeeding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant believe people actually admit to knowingly drinking while pregnant on here.. I mean, its 2010.. we know what alcohol does to an adult brain, now imagine what its doing to the babies.. actually, you dont even have to imagine, its printed in black & white
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 26-07-2010 at 22:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, no drinking whilst pregnant and no drinking whilst breastfeeding. It's the least I can do for my baby/ies .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, yes, but its sad that people would CHOOSE to subject their baby that kind of thing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i don't drink normally so of course, i didn't drink during my pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loquaciousvibes View Post
    I honestly dont believe a few glasses of wine here and there are going to harm your baby. Did you see the results of this poll? There are women who do have the odd glass of wine while they are pregnant. They shouldn't be judged. It's their body.
    A little girl I met with FAS had a mum who thought the odd, light drink here and there wouldn't hurt

Imagine the guilt and pain that would bring on for mothers who thought it was ok and it wasn't.

Not judging, I used to think the same thing til meeting this child. I used to think it took a lot of alcohol to cause FAS. Now I know different. So even when I was pregnant with DD I thought it was ok but still didn't myself. Meanwhile the woman over the road drinks almost daily, and strong spirits at that, and did through the last 2 pregnancies without any problem to the children. Will wait and see if anything happens with this one due next month though. See if she can be lucky 3 times in a row. That's what it comes down to. Luck. That's what I found out when DD and I met this little girl.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast