View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didnt drink anything because i was worried about the health of the baby and didnt feel like it either.

Apparently my mum drank a glass of wine with dinner every night when pregnant with my brother and I and we came out fine.

My aunty was an alcoholic when pregnant with her kids and they both are intelecually disabled. One is worse than the other though but they both are adults now and their futures are not looking too bright because of their disabilities.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    what if something was wrong with your baby, how would you ever know that the alcohol you consumed didn't contribute?
    I agree! Giving up alcohol for x amount of years is a small price to pay for healthy kids!
    And not one study provides enough data to convince me that an occaisional drink when UTD/BF is safe, so I'd rather be cautious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I often wonder with those that say they had a few drinks while pregnant if they are telling the truth. Don't mean to offend but thats how I feel.

My best mate is adament she only had a few drinks a couple times while pregnant but I can honestly say I remember her drinking heaps. She would have a minimum of a few drinks (bourbon, beer vodka) almost daily and I saw her on at least 4 or 5 occasions that drunk she could barely walk. Sadly her child does have some problems (not yet diagnosed) and she is refusing to take him to a doctor - I think she knows it was her drinking that has caused it but she refuses to admit that she drank so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymuma View Post
    I often wonder with those that say they had a few drinks while pregnant if they are telling the truth. Don't mean to offend but thats how I feel.

My best mate is adament she only had a few drinks a couple times while pregnant but I can honestly say I remember her drinking heaps. She would have a minimum of a few drinks (bourbon, beer vodka) almost daily and I saw her on at least 4 or 5 occasions that drunk she could barely walk. Sadly her child does have some problems (not yet diagnosed) and she is refusing to take him to a doctor - I think she knows it was her drinking that has caused it but she refuses to admit that she drank so much.
    Yeah the chick over the road says she drinks "moderately" yet she'll go through a 6 pack of UDL rums every single night and has been so drunk she's passed out on the front lawn and wet her own pants, and has done that a few times now. She tells people she only has a couple of drinks here and there. It's really sad. I hope the baby turns out ok because she also doesn't have the capacity to care for a SN child. She often tells me if she had a kid like I have she'd have put her in foster care by now, she wouldn't want 'it' in the house

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymuma View Post

I had a few drinks while pregnant.

Low alcohol champagne. One glass at a time. Or maybe 1/2 a light beer. I could probably count on my fingers the amount of times that happened too.

I'm not offended though - i think probably a lot of people are in denial, as well as moderate means different things to different people. When not pregnant, i still dont drink very often, and not to excess. What I drink normally, someone else might consider to be moderate when they are pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a drop..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not a big drinker but really craved beer for the first half of my pregnancy. I had the odd mouthful here and there but never more than just a sip. I was too scared to have any more than that and can't see how a few milliliters could be of any harm.

The second half I couldn't stomach alcohol - even if I did I would not have been seen dead with a drink in my hand being noticeably pregnant as I would be waiting for the looks and criticism from strangers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMum2Bee View Post
    I think what's missing as a poll option is yes-wasn't aware of pregnancy.

We were taking a break from trying and I was quite depressed that I hadn't yet fallen. During our break we went away for our first wedding anniversary, had a friend's engagement party and another friend's 30th. The result being I drank a fair bit during this time. The first thing I thought when I found out I was pregnant (aside from being over the moon) was OMG what I have done to my baby?!

I didn't touch alcohol again for the rest of my pregnancy other than a tiny sip of Italian Champagne 1 week before my due date. It's something I normally love but I didn't even enjoy it. I love to have a glass of wine/champers and actually said to DH "Oh no, I don;t like alcohol anymore!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    nope. not a drop. id be willing to give my life for my precious little boy, so giving up alcohol really wasn't that big a deal. he's worth more to me than a glass of wine.

and i lurrrve a drink.......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (12-01-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast