View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep... once the first trimester's over, if I feel like half a glass once every few weeks I believe there's no harm at all.

I eat soft cheese too

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

kw123  (13-01-2012),naebie  (19-02-2012),VintageLover  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my first when I was young and stupid, I didnt read up on anything pregnancy related and was clueless on labour/birthing/c sections....and I did enjoy the odd glass or 2 of wine...id say maybe about 3-4 glasses a week up until I was about 30 weeks.

Thankfully my 7 year old is healthy and top of her class in most things. There is no way in hell I would ever touch alcohol again during pregnancy. I got lucky with my first, there is no way I would take that chance again, it's just not worth it knowing what I do now. To have babe born with some sort of defect, I would never forgive myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

BebeBurton  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I haven't had so much as a drop of alcohol since I fell pregnant and I didn't work out I was pregnant for 3 months ... I used to go through fazes of drinking alcohol for a month than having 2 - 3 months off and it so happens I was on a 6 month dry spell when I found out I was pregnant, so I think I was pretty lucky.

I feel it now because I wouldn't mind having a glass of midori and pineapple juice, I doubt just one glass with a half nip would effect the baby but I'm not game enough to try. I would hate for my baby to have a defect in anyway and it was caused by something that I did. 9 months of giving up foods and alcohol is nothing compared to a healthy child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I had a glass of wine here and there while I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank when pregnant, I had one schooner of shandy made with light beer (which is less than 1 unit) roughly one every 2 weeks. My DS appears perfectly healthy. My mum drank when she was pregnant with me and my brothers and i don't think it effected us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was too scared to drink when pregnant even managed to convince myself that I should not drink tea or coffee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nasacha View Post
    I drank when pregnant, I had one schooner of shandy made with light beer (which is less than 1 unit) roughly one every 2 weeks. My DS appears perfectly healthy. My mum drank when she was pregnant with me and my brothers and i don't think it effected us.
    I too have had the odd beer here and there throughout all three of my pregnancies. Pretty sure that a glass of beer/wine here and there isn't going to effect. my boys are fine and at the top of their class. It is a personal thing, but as long as you don't go overboard like getting 'drunk', I am sure less than one standard drink isn't going to hurt anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor said a glass here or there wouldn't hurt, and I have to admit I sipped from a few family members' drinks over christmas (what I would have given for a baileys on ice!) but my theory is that one glass of wine/beer is not going to make any difference to the way I feel, so it is really worth the potential unknown impact on the baby.

Instead I choose non-alcoholic drinks I can enjoy, and make these special by using my good champers glasses etc. I'm coping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was able to drink for new years before i was pregnant, and before making that decision of being a mother, not that i was a big drinker before hand but i havn't touched a drop and don't intend to, i think people who drink and who are not concerened about their baby's wellbeing are not ready to be mothers and are too keen on leading a young adults life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I think it's not worth taking the risk. Alcohol is not necessarily a need, so better keep your baby away from it.