View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I stopped drinking for the health of my baby, i found out really early too so didnt have anything to drink at all. Even if i did want to i had trouble keeping anything but boiled water down i doubt i would have been able to.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drinking while pregnant...

I was in Central America travelling from 24 - 33 weeks while preg with my daughter. I was told a small amount of alcohol was ok so I tried to have a Corona one afternoon at sunset. Had two sips and couldn't stomach anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 years ago when i was pregnant with my first, they said the odd drink was ok, so i think i had about 2 drinks through out the whole pregnancy.
    Now they've changed their minds saying you shouldn't drink AT ALL but i've still had the very odd drink, think i've had about 2 drinks so far, and am due to give birth in 4 weeks.

Personally, i think it's up to the woman to use her common sense, but i'm pretty sure my mum had a couple of drinks when she was pregnant with me, as would most of our parents, and we turned out ok.

I certainly wouldn't drink everyday, or even every week, but i'll have A small glass of wine on my birthday if pregnant (and i was).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a glass of wine on my birthday last time. Will probably do the same thing this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    didn't drink at all during my pregnancy and didn't really miss it at all cause I had almost cut it out completely while TTC for 2 years. While breastfeeding have only had 2 drinks in the last 8 months and that was one at Christmas and one at New Years and as other have said didn't really enjoy them due to the guilt.

Cutting out drinking for 9 months or so really is only a short time in the scheme of things so it's a sacrafice I think is well worth it, to know you are giving your bub the best possible start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Didn't drink at all while pregnant with either and to be honest I am disgusted by those that do. Some might not like my opinion but I am entitled to it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crazymuma For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 6 wks pregnant we had friends over and were not yet ready to tell anyone about the pregnancy so I got a glass of wine and pretended to drink out of it (otherwise everyone would have guessed ). It's a good trick, no one had a clue at that gettogether . But overall, I did not have a drop with my first or my current pregnancy.

I remember my old boss being pregnant at the same time as I was with my first and she just didn't want to give up her daily glass of red. I couldn't understand it. Although each to their own I guess..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    very little, like a few sips of champagne at a wedding, but not even a whole drink and definately nothing regular.

And for those that say 9 months isn't much time out of your life, add on the reccommended two years breastfeeding, and multiply by a typical three children, and you are now talking over 8 years. It all adds up.

Plus for those that have difficulty conceiving, perhaps add on a few more years TTC.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 21-06-2010 at 23:36.

Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't voted I think we need an other option.

I drank afair bit through 2 of my pregnancies.
    (1 more so then the other one )
    BUT stopped as soon as I realised, I was pregnant. Which for one of my pregnancies was 23 weeks!

Gees, and the worry that we felt waiting for that baby to be ok! I was devastated by the thought of any harm that could have been done to either of those babies.

I totally disagree with drinking in pregnancy. BUT sometimes, you do these things without even realising, someone else is in the picture.

BTW, when I say a fair bit, I don't mean I was pickling myself on the sauce daily either. I just had a lot of weekend, parties we attended. With my second child, we had just gained back some US time, so were kind of enjoying ourselves, a bit too much!.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what's missing as a poll option is yes-wasn't aware of pregnancy. I remember when I found out I was four weeks pregnant I'd had a vodka a couple of weeks before I knew... Also... Pretty sure the weekend of conception had alcohol involved but I don't remember (not cuz I was smashed by any measure... ) but yeah I didn't have any once I found out... But before I knew I was pregnant I did have some :-/