View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No alcohol is a natural process of fermentation, preservative in our foods is poison.

Willbee bumblebee

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prof Plum For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (06-01-2012),naebie  (19-02-2012)

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Plum View Post
    No alcohol is a natural process of fermentation, preservative in our foods is poison.

Wow I had no idea alcohol was so *natural*. Please don't waste your energy boring me with flippant comments about alcohol being a natural process of fermentation. It isn't natural for the body to process. You could actually do some research about the negative effects alcohol does cause on different parts of the body. Or you can live in denial about how bad alcohol actually is for you. But maybe then you couldn't enjoy that drink as much.....sorry

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreadlockfairy For This Useful Post:

captainscaptain  (07-01-2012),FishFan  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww got your hair in a knot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Plum View Post
    Aww got your hair in a knot
    Actually man my whole head is in knots. I have dreadlocks ya know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Many modern foods and drinks are not really designed for our bodies. Depends on what you are into and how far you want to delve. As far as pregnancy is concerned.. It's all about looking after our bodies to the best of our knowledge and ability, we all have different views so let's not argue with eachother-everyone is free to their own opinions :-) let's be encouraging of eachother instead of being argumentative :-)

Have a good night all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlockfairy View Post
    Alcohol acts as a poison in the human body. No amount is safe. None.

This is a pretty simple concept to grasp.
    That's not true. Alcohol is only poisonous in large amounts. Some studies have found that small amount of wine are good for you. and small amounts ARE perfectly safe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageLover View Post
    Many modern foods and drinks are not really designed for our bodies. Depends on what you are into and how far you want to delve. As far as pregnancy is concerned.. It's all about looking after our bodies to the best of our knowledge and ability, we all have different views so let's not argue with eachother-everyone is free to their own opinions :-) let's be encouraging of eachother instead of being argumentative :-)

Have a good night all!
    I agree !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlockfairy View Post
    Wow I had no idea alcohol was so *natural*. Please don't waste your energy boring me with flippant comments about alcohol being a natural process of fermentation. It isn't natural for the body to process. You could actually do some research about the negative effects alcohol does cause on different parts of the body. Or you can live in denial about how bad alcohol actually is for you. But maybe then you couldn't enjoy that drink as much.....sorry
    Would take more than a comment on a forum to wreck my drink...sorry

Are your comments based on any facts though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    That's not true. Alcohol is only poisonous in large amounts. Some studies have found that small amount of wine are good for you. and small amounts ARE perfectly safe.

If that's the case, would you feed your child a small amount of alcohol? I'm responding to the original OP re drinking when you are pregnant, and yes some of the alcohol will reach the baby if you drink while pregnant. IF you think the health benefits outweigh the risks for you and your unborn child then good for you cause that's your choice & you are free to drink.

But there are pregnant mums out there that may be reading this thread and wondering whether alcohol is safe. I'm not going to nod in agreement and say yeah, its great have a drink when from all the research I've read (& common sense on how alcohol affects myself) it is not good for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Would take more than a comment on a forum to wreck my drink...sorry

Are your comments based on any facts though?
    Yes they are. Am I going to sit here and pull up all the research for you? No cause I can't be bothered.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreadlockfairy For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (06-01-2012),wrena  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The good effects alcohol can have in small amounts is in association to adults. Childrens brains are VERY vulrenable to the bad effects of alcohol in any amount, let alone babies/fetuses.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (07-01-2012)