View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Plum View Post
    Having a drinks no big deal really, just like all the foods they suggest not to eat. All just rubbish. Eat and drink whatever in moderation is the way to go.
    Having a drink is a massive deal. Go look up fetal alcohol syndrome! You shouldn't make statements like that, it's irresponsible! The affects of only a small amount of alcohol on a fetus is unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

FutureMa  (03-01-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Plum View Post
    Having a drinks no big deal really, just like all the foods they suggest not to eat. All just rubbish. Eat and drink whatever in moderation is the way to go.
    No it is not rubbish, what you said is rubbish.

Going around spewing this sort of garbage is completely irresponsible.

I hope no one ever asks you for pregnancy advice in real life. While nothing may have happened to you, I think you'll find that careless attitude won sit well with people who have had listeria, fetal alcohol syndrome or any other food related illness that have affected their pregnancy.

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

captainscaptain  (07-01-2012),FishFan  (14-01-2012),FutureMa  (03-01-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (04-01-2012),starla  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post

I hope no one ever asks you for pregnancy advice in real life. While nothing may have happened to you, I think you'll find that careless attitude won sit well with people who have had listeria, fetal alcohol syndrome or any other food related illness that have affected their pregnancy.

Actually, as there is conflicting evidence, then you can't really say what anyone thinks is rubbish. And using words like garbage and irresponsible just serves to offend those who choose to have an occasional drink while pregnant. This dull old thread keeps getting rehashed, arguments ensue, it gets cleaned and then some bright spark starts it up again. People are never going to agree, but thankfully we can all make our own choices.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (05-01-2012),naebie  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually, as there is conflicting evidence, then you can't really say what anyone thinks is rubbish. And using words like garbage and irresponsible just serves to offend those who choose to have an occasional drink while pregnant. This dull old thread keeps getting rehashed, arguments ensue, it gets cleaned and then some bright spark starts it up again. People are never going to agree, but thankfully we can all make our own choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The comment refers to the general statement made about all foods being fine in moderation. Dangerous statement to make.

I couldnt care less if you or anyone else drinks during your pregnancy.

I do care that I advise people to join this site for the support and information and then come across statements like that. Listeria is a real threat to some mothers and babies, and whilst you and everyone you know may be lucky - imagine being the one who wasn't so lucky.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prof Plum is acutally talking sense, you do the research. The word "Moderation" was used which is the key word. Each to their own but its not fair to judge without looking at the research. . . getting drunk every night is irresponsible, one drink a night has not be proven to cause any damage to babies intact up to 10 units per week has not had any adverse side effects in the fetus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummyx3 View Post
    Prof Plum is acutally talking sense, you do the research. The word "Moderation" was used which is the key word. Each to their own but its not fair to judge without looking at the research. . . getting drunk every night is irresponsible, one drink a night has not be proven to cause any damage to babies intact up to 10 units per week has not had any adverse side effects in the fetus
    Once again I wasn't specifically referring to the alcohol comment. It was the EVERYTHING in

But I'm sure everyones internet research is much better than the actual training and research we did when we were studying conception, fertility and pregnancy during my nursing course. I'll bow our now as two minute with Dr Google obviously pulls more weight and has far more knowledge than the NSW health department, our government health bodies and our university systems.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once again I wasn't specifically referring to the alcohol comment. It was the EVERYTHING in

But I'm sure everyones internet research is much better than the actual training and research we did when we were studying conception, fertility and pregnancy during my nursing course. I'll bow our now as two minute with Dr Google obviously pulls more weight and has far more knowledge than the NSW health department, our government health bodies and our university systems.

That's very patronising. You don't know where people get their information. Anyway I'll take advice off my doctor rather than some random on an internet forum any day, so good idea on bowing out

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Jurty  (04-01-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'll take the very small risk associated with the odd glass of wine over the risk of elective induction, epidurals and elective cesarean section any day.

I "love" the whole, can't eat this, can't drink that might hurt the baby but when it comes to getting the baby out all the risk analysis goes out the window.

Each to their own of course, I just find the lack of consistency odd.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 04-01-2012 at 11:40.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

naebie  (19-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (05-01-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I'll take the very small risk associated with the odd glass of wine over the risk of elective induction, epidurals and elective cesarean section any day.

I "love" the whole, can't eat this, can't drink that might hurt the baby but when it comes to getting the baby out all the risk analysis goes out the window.

Each to their own of course, I just find the lack of consistency odd.
    Well said!