View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confusd View Post
    It was im just glad it hasnt done any damage. I had NO IDEA i was pregnant. the day i found out i quit drinking smoking and started taking pregnancy vitamins. but i was stressing the whole time.
    I was the same but only for 2 weeks after s e x so they reckon it was ok at that time but still makes you think hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can we hear from the people that did drink please?

I had a few last night, not worried, there are so many things that can harm it eg stress, radiation, obesity, did you all meditate stop using mobiles and lose weight too?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one before I knew I was pregnant at my hubby's 30th, but that was it. It was the only drink I'd had in over a year or since. I'm not against it, I just don't like the taste of Alcohol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never drink knowing I was already pregnant.
    I probably have drunk before finding out I was pregnant. But I couldn't take the risk of drinking while pregnant and knowing I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had one rather boozy night out for a friends birthday (back in april 08) i didnt know i was literally one day pregnant!! after that particularly trashy night i vowed to quit drinking for a good 2 months, luckily i stopped!!

as for breastfeeding & drinking - everyone kept telling me to drink stout, coz its full of iron, but i never did. i just dont like the idea of drinking &

with the people who have said they continued to drink when pregnant, im thinking its just the occasional glass of wine....??? im definitely curious to hear what they have to say though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't realise that I was pregnant for the first 20 weeks (pretty ditzy, huh?) and so because of that I had been drinking whilst pregnant. Luckily, I rarely feel like anything alcoholic, so it only amounted to about 4 standard drinks the whole time. I was more scared because I hadn't been taking folate supplements and being epileptic, you're supposed to take 10xs the amount of other people Fortunately bubs came out 100% healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the first few weeks of my pregnancy we were holidaying in the Hunter... Haha.. So was drinking but had NO idea I was pregnant. I'm not a big drinker and only like a glass of red occasionally. I've been craving wine while preggers but havent had any. Dh is especially strict on this.. If he was more slack I'd have had a half glass of red during those cravings. Doctor has said a glass especially if it's only once a week is totally fine but we won't be having any for the pregnancy duration.

Kris T is offline EurekaFlagRing.com.au & TheBookman.com.au
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yes it is the occasional drink

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancer View Post
    i had one rather boozy night out for a friends birthday (back in april 08) i didnt know i was literally one day pregnant!! after that particularly trashy night i vowed to quit drinking for a good 2 months, luckily i stopped!!

as for breastfeeding & drinking - everyone kept telling me to drink stout, coz its full of iron, but i never did. i just dont like the idea of drinking &

with the people who have said they continued to drink when pregnant, im thinking its just the occasional glass of wine....??? im definitely curious to hear what they have to say though
    Hi,

Yes when us mothers say that we do indulge in a beverage whilst pregnant, means exactly that. We have the occasional small glass. I actually sip on the one drink and once at a bbq it lasted me the entire time, although it must have looked bad as people would not have probably known that and everytime they saw me i had a drink in my hand.... but it was the same one that i had 2 hours ago!!

How many people have drank alcholol (i can never spell that word) when they didn't know they were pregnant, probably 99% and if it really was that bad there would be more malformed babies being born. I am not condoning getting plastered I think that is a little bit selfish and irresponsible but to have a one drink, maybe once a month or whenever that special occassion happens, I think is quite ok. And if people wish to not have anything than that is ok too.

I have 2 months to go and probably had 4 drinks over my pregnancy... i take my multi vitamins, iron supplements, i am in good health, not overweight etc etc

I know a lady who has 2 kids under 4 and one that was about 6, and she said she would have a glass of wine EACH night, to stay sane... all her kids are fine.. She also is not overweight, healthy and eats well. but i myself would feel a little uneasy having a glass of alcholol each night. but i dont judge her, as one glass is not like you are going overboard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was preg with my first i used to have the odd glass of Baileys & milk here and there with my mum. Not every week but just every so often and I would only have one glass. My daughter turned out fine.

Now I am preg with my second and same again (so far) Ill have the odd glass of wine but only if there is something we are celebrating, I wont have a drink just for the sake of doing so (like if I was sitting at home on my own and just fancied one)

Like they say, everything in moderation. Each to their own though. Everyone has their own opinion on what is right and wrong during pregnancy and we are all entitled to our own opinion even if its different to someone elses, it doesnt mean the other person is wrong. Its the same with smoking. Some people stop or cut down (I quit the day I found out I was UTD), some dont, but thats another issue entirely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I answered no for the safety and wellbeing of my baby.

In saying that i did have one drinking session with my first but didnt know that i was pg with him. Never touched it again though once i found out.