View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ---
    Last edited by GypsyFortuneTeller; 17-04-2011 at 16:08. Reason: Leaving Bubhub, don't want my posts on this site

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GypsyFortuneTeller For This Useful Post:

MagicalLeopluradon  (26-01-2011),share a book  (26-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't touched a drop since I found out I was pregnant and only occasionally have I felt like a drink. Have resisted those couple of those times though because the health of my baby is much more important, and if something were to happen I would never forgive myself.

However I am getting married in a couple of weeks and plan on having a sip of champagne during the toasts... if I feel like it at the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not one single sniff of alcohol I'm way too scared and I use to drink a glass everyday with dinner or while cooking dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drinking & Taking Medication while pregnant

I am really new to this - and only literally just found out that I am pregnant this morning! Am yet to see a Dr but I did a HPT and it came up positive! My husband and I have only seriously tried once and now it appears to have happened first go - so I wasn't even expecting to be expecting but here I am.

The thing is I am sort of freaking out and its not about being pregnant (I am overjoyed about it!) but because I have consumed alcohol over the last 2 weeks - I was away at a week long work event and had roughly a glass of wine a day and on one night had 3 glasses of spiritis AND then just last week on Australia day I had half a beer and a mojito! Like I said I really didn't even think I was pregnant. In that time I have also taken Zyrtec for my hayfever and neurofen here and there - so you can understand why I am freaking out.

Now that I know I am pregnant I am most definitely not touching any of the stuff but want to know if anyone else out there has perhaps had a similar experience of drinking/taking meds while not realising they were pregnant and if they have gone on to have healthy babies without any mental or physical issues. I feel so guilty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi MummaMaz - congratulations on your BFP. In regards to your question, I'm no expert but all the books I have read say to try not to stress to much if you have had a couple of drinks before you realised you were pregnant - the main thing is to stop now that you know. I think most babies with problems caused by alcohol are born to mothers who have drunk continuously throughout their pregnancies - or a lot in one hit. From what it sounds like the amounts that you have had are fairly small anyhow. Like I said this is just how I understand it, but hopefully once you see a doctor the doctor can ease your mind a little.
    So for now try to relax (harder said than done I know)
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with above... Just stop now that you know and try not to freak. Pretty common thing I think you'll find.

I was the same though - it was my birthday and I was going to Europe, had heaps on, so for 2 weeks straight pretty much I'd been drinking.... I was worried, but I now am 29 weeks with a very healthy bubby growing away

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey guys,
    3 years ago i found out i was infertile, my partner and i were distraught but we still did not give up with other methods of having children, we tried adopting but that did not go too well for us so we decided to do some research on surrogacy. We soon found out about the British Surrogacy Centre, i could not of asked for better customer care, my partner and i are now waiting for our new little boy to be born in the next 2 months. here is the link to the website, even if you want to find out more they are happy to help! www.britishsurrogacycentre.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would be nice to have had a 'no, I don't drink at all' option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last pregnancy I had a glass at the table in front of me for Christmas, I had a sip and it tasted off, stale. This pregnancy I had a glass pored for me for my hens night and I threw up at the smell, at our wedding everyone found out because they all wondered why I wasn't drinking, even the smell of hubby's breath after he has a beer makes me sick. It's not good for the baby. We're not even using it in cooking as the smell in the house makes me sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently found out I was pregnant and stopped drinking as soon as I knew. Like many many people, I'd drunk during those first weeks of 'unbeknown pregnancy'. I'm a 2-reds-a-night kinda girl, always have been, but you stop when pregnant. Especially during the first trimester. When carrying my son (I drank during the early weeks with him too, when I didn't know he was there. He came out *perfect*), I can remember having a glass here or there around month 7, but then for the final stretch I just went right off it; I didn't have the desire to drink in the slightest. Which is completely contrary to my usual, 'non pregnant' self!

Me 38, DP 53, DS 2, fluffy-one 5