View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess everybody's "safe" level is different, making it difficult to make a decision. I guess also it's hard to know just how alcohol is affecting us on the inside when we don't feel any different. It's not a risk I'd be willing to take. But then I don't drink often anyway and even when not pregnant or breastfeeding I don't find it hard to say no to a drink. went to a Sunday Sess last weekend and had 2 cans of coke and a glass of juice, along with water throughout the day and into the evening. Not pregnant or breastfeeding now, nor was I driving. Just didn't want to and had no reason to drink so just didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt drink once i knew i was pregnant but with all my children i never knew until i was about 3months so until that stage i was still having the odd glass of wine at night with my dinner but lucky we arent big drinkers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    I guess everybody's "safe" level is different, making it difficult to make a decision. I guess also it's hard to know just how alcohol is affecting us on the inside when we don't feel any different. It's not a risk I'd be willing to take. But then I don't drink often anyway and even when not pregnant or breastfeeding I don't find it hard to say no to a drink. went to a Sunday Sess last weekend and had 2 cans of coke and a glass of juice, along with water throughout the day and into the evening. Not pregnant or breastfeeding now, nor was I driving. Just didn't want to and had no reason to drink so just didn't.
    Personally I think coke is nasty stuff, and wonder if that might be worse than a little alcohol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A wk before I knew I was pregnant (would have been just after implantation) was Australia Day weekend so it was spent like most back in those days...big group camping down the river, drinking & fishing for most of it so I did consume quite abit at that time yes but as soon as my period didn't come to my suprise & the stick confirmed I didn't touch another drop. Wasn't my thing & fair of problems from it kept me too scared to tempt it. I don't accept willing heavy drinker but each to their own with the occasional during those mths IMO. like so many other choices we make as parents. I'm a long term BF feeder too & didn't resume the couple of drinx after bub bedtime till he was probably 15mths old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lord!! Typing on the iPod makes for mistakes!! Suppose to be fear not fair & I don't accept willing heavy drinking during pregnancy...sorry!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Personally I think coke is nasty stuff, and wonder if that might be worse than a little alcohol.
    Yes it can be nasty stuff and I have only had it once all year, which was at that particular time. I'm not pregnant and not breastfeeding and haven't in quite a few years now. I rarely drink softdrink of any kind, and rarely drink alcohol either. I would not drink coke while pregnant or breastfeeding either. Any softdrink for that matter, way too much sugar and who knows what chemicals are in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default never did and never would

I didnt drink anything while pregnant with my son or while i was breastfeeding for 8 months. Would be extremely irresponsible imo

I dont think its worth the possible and proven risks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To those who drank during pregnancy and have zero regrets - good for you. Think whatever you want to help you sleep easy at night. It's your life, your kid, your body, your life. I really couldn't care less.

For me. There was no question. No drinking. Zero tolerance.

I don't care what other people do - your body - your kid.

For me. It just wasn't something I was going to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    When one of my friends discovered I was pregnant (with my fourth), she gave me a cask of wine and instructed me to drink half a glass every other day because it had health benefits. I declined, but just thought I would point out different people have differing opinions.
    Cask wine! Hahaha ... says it all really.

Yes - everyone has different opinions. Including me.

Ready my post again and you'll se that I offered the different opinion. That of my friends who did drink and have children that are fine.

As said - i couldn't care less what other people do. I care about what I do and how I behave and how I treat my body when pregnant as it is the vessel for my baby.

I don't believe in drinking during pregnancy. I'll say this however. Before I knew I was pregnant I drank 3 weekends in a row. My child is fine. Still, as soon as I knew I was pregnant - that was it. No alcohol.

Claire89x is offline Mommy to 2 little butterfly's in heaven <3 x
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Voted no - made decision for baby. i don't drink often anyway but i did go out twice when pregnant + didn't touch a drop. pregnancy ended in miscarriage unfortunately and if i had of drank i would of defiantly blamed myself! we are fully responsible for a growing babys health + well being. i just can't see how people can get drunk whilst pregnant! its insane. many women say 'i drank through my pregnancy + had a healthy child' < yeah baby had all fingers + toes but alot of problems will occur later on in the child's life! its our job to protect our children even from conception x