View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fail to see how a drug like ventolin can be compared to a recreational drug The former is necessary for health of mother and foetus, the latter is necessary for...nothing.

Once again, I'm very cautious about which drugs I put into my body during pregnancy. In my opinion, it's bad enough when you HAVE to take medications, without adding a rec drug into the mix.

JMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm making the point that not all drugs do carry risks during pregnancy, research can show that some drugs are safer than others and its fine to say just your opinion but you also said if you can't abstain from drinking for a few months it means you have issues which is a bit of a generalisation in my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm careful about drugs during pregnancy whether they are considered 'safe' or not - drugs which have been considered safe in the past were later proven to be quite the opposite. For that reason, and others, I'm careful about using ANY drugs during this time, so I certainly won't take them willy nilly - only if really necessary (which *I* don't believe alcohol is).

As far as generalisations go...umm...how am I generalising? If you read my post you will see I was referring to myself. My comment was about *myself* having issues if I can't abstain for just 9 or 10 months. I don't really care if other people choose to drink, it's not really my business!
    Last edited by Bellini; 25-11-2010 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted "Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again"

I only really drank lightly in the first 4 - 5 months with my first child, I cant remember with the second. I think I was just over cautious during my first pregnancy thats all.

D :+)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and i enjoy a drink on most weekends, so after nearly 2 years of being drinkfree (i dont TOUCH it while pregnant or Breastfeeding) so after my son turned one i stopped feeding him and had 4 weeks of drinking a little before i found out i was pregnant again by 6 weeks. Felt absolutely TERRIBLE and am hanging out to see the next ultrasound to ensure all is ok.

The worst thing is i was also taking some herbal tablets that contain high levels of vitamin A... i only took 2 weeks worth for a skin condition but am SO stressed that it could harm the baby.

Youve got to be SO careful what you put into your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 19 when I fell pregnant, I was a social smoker as well as a heavy binge drinker and quit both habits as soon as I found out. I was determined to do everything right by my baby so I completely changed my diet too. I don't think I would have done it any other way I mean why take any risk at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When i was pregant with DD i had a very weak bourbon and coke a couple of times up untill 26 weeks when i just went off even the thought of alcohol.

With DS I didnt have a drop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I voted No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby, but realy there was no option for mine, I didnt drink at all even when I wasnt pregnant back when I had all my kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband and i will start trying to concieve in February, i plan to stop drinking 1 month before then and not to drink again until i've finished breastfeeding which will be hard as i work in the liquor industry! I made this decision as i know how crappy i sometimes feel after just 2 drinks so i can only imagine that it would have some effect on an baby. Just not worth the risk!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I saw a woman about 6 months pregnant we'll assume drinking a glass of red in a pub.

My question is this.

Would you give that glass of red to your new born baby?

If the answer is no - then I ask - why on earth are you putting it in your body.

I'm a firm believer in no drinking during pregnancy. But then - i've had many friends drink moderately during pregnancy and give birth to perfectly healthy babies.