View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I craved mojitos and we did go out often so I'd ask the bar tender to make me a lime soda with mint in it - I had one bartender at a cocktail bar fully decorate my glass with like awesome cocktail prettiness

Thanks
    Reviews
    I luuuurve a wine but chose not to drink during my pregnancy. It was hard at times but that was my decision. My friend who fell pregnant at the same time drank a few glasses every week (her ob said no more than 2 a day). That was her choice. Im not going to judge what other ppl choose to do. Being a mum-to-be is stressful, as is being a mum. People just love finding fault in us. Can we just support each other just once??????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know sleepless beauty it is amazing how many things we as parents can become evil selfish human beings over! in my last pregnancy I had a glass of champers on my mums 50th and a beer on new years eve! This pregnancy I haven't had a drink yet but perhaps on a special occasion I will. Latest research suggests an occasional drink is completely safe and I believe the only reason it was deemed unsafe for the past few years is because there was not enough research. When my mum was pregnant with me the health world said you could have a few drinks a week and my mum drank a a tia Maria once a week and I am fairly sure I turned out conpletely normal! finished high school, finished half a uni degree (perhaps I can blame my mums drinking for not being so keen on the second half) and am a good person and parent with no extra eyes or heads. If research ever comes out to say its dangerous I will take that on but common sense tells me it never will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Help need some quick advice please! I am only very newly preg (5 weeks) and as such haven't told anyone but my mum and DH but I have some HUGE family gatherings over the next week, starting with a hens party tonight and wedding (on an island, 4 days with extended family). I really really don't want anyone to find out yet but if I say I'm not drinking (even if I say I'm not feeling well/on antibiotics etc) they will get suss. So I'm planning to 'pretend drink' ie, get a glass and pretend to sip, tip some out while no one's looking etc, give the illusion I'm drinking.. is this crazy? Is it ok for me to have 1 wine or even a few mouthfuls to keep up the act? I don't plan to drink at all but if half a glass won't hurt then maybe its better than blowing my cover so early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    And SunnyGirl79...all research now supports that a glass or two of wine is okay and won't hurt your baby. Just as so you don't over do it. Binge drinking will harm your baby. It is up to you to make the decision if you drink or not while pregnant...although you sound worried about it and like your making a smart decision, so I don't think you are going to go crazy over the alcohol.
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 06-11-2010 at 14:21. Reason: unnecessary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have deleted a few off topic posts. Please keep to the topic and post in a positive and supportive manner or not at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alcohol is a drug, and I'm personally very cautious about putting drugs into my body when pregnant, I don't care what the 'latest research' says. It's just nine or ten months - if I couldn't physically or mentally go without an alcoholic drink, then I think I would have bigger issues to deal with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually love beer (we also make it), and could have beer for breakfast with steak or something before.

I went off it when I was about 4 weeks preggo (didn't know at that stage), and now I can't even look at it.

My partner always askes if I was a sip of whatever he is drinking... if only he knew how sick I feel most of the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    i ticked yes the same as before but i very rarely drink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Alcohol is a drug, and I'm personally very cautious about putting drugs into my body when pregnant, I don't care what the 'latest research' says. It's just nine or ten months - if I couldn't physically or mentally go without an alcoholic drink, then I think I would have bigger issues to deal with
    Yes all of those of us who replied and said we had one or two occasions of having a drink clearly have deep issues lol. And yeah alcohol is a drug just like panadol, the nausea medication I take, ventolin for asthma or even some herbal medicines which are considered very powerful and strong. The word drug does not always equal bad.