View Poll Results: Did you drink when you were (or are) pregnant?

Voters
1183. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I drank the same as before pregnant and wasn't concerned

9 0.76%
  • Yes - but only the odd glass every now and again

323 27.30%
  • No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

627 53.00%
  • No - I didn't feel like drinking whilst pregnant (nausea, etc)

13 1.10%
  • No - combination of above, didn't feel like drinking and was concerned about my baby's health

211 17.84%
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I voted....

No - I made a decision not to drink at all for the health of my baby

But in saying that, its been literally years since ive even had a sip of alcohol. I do not drink, just chose not too one day... so i guess my result doesnt count as my drinking habits didnt change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    latest research suggests that a glass every now and then is safe

its called common sense bitter a few more people did not use it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally, I think you are pregnant and breastfeeding for such a short period of time why risk it?? I do not so much as have a sip of alcohol while being pregnent or breastfeeding. In Canada, where I am originally from, it is a big no-no to drink while pregnant at all. I was surprised to find that is not the case here.

I am also surprised to see that women will avoid eating a bit of Brie or some deli meat but then sit down with a glass of wine while pregnant. I suppose though it's up to each woman to weigh up the risks and make an informed decision that is right for them and that they can live with knowing there may be consequences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    i did have a drink when i was pregnant and i think i was about 12ish, 13ish weeks as i was at my work xmas party(only was about half a glass as well as i didnt want it in the end). that was all i drank until he was over 1yr old.

ETA i actually had a huge huge huge bender before i knew i was pregnant. i found otu when i was 7wks along so bender happened about 5ish wks and also we woud have a drink most nights as well with dinner so yes,i guess i drank quite a bit but i didnt know i was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i was 4 1/2 months pregnant with my 2nd DD my DD1 was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition that only affect girls (she would lose skills, be unable to walk, talk or have any functional use of her hands plus develop seizures & scoliosis). There was no way of telling if my 2nd daughter would be affected and even if she was the pregnancy had progressed too far for me to do anything (had I wanted too).

My blood pressure shot through the roof and my Ob actually recommended I have a glass of wine - not every night, but he said if a glass of wine over dinner once or twice a week helped me to relax then it was preferable to the high blood pressure. I probably only had 1/2 a glass once or twice a week but I did drink.

DD2 will be 7 in a month, she is fine didn't inherit the same condition her older sister has, she is actually the smartest of my 3 children, reads 3 years above her age level, is in grade one but doing grade 2 maths and plays the piano & reads music quite well. The occasional glass of wine obviously didn't do her any harm.

I didn't drink at all with DD1's pregnancy. With DD3 I would have the occasional 1/2 glass of wine - I would sit on it most of the night just having the occasional sip. Personally I feel the occasional drink isn't going to do any harm, but I would never do more than that or go out and get drunk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no way!!! wouldn't even think about it.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just realised that I probably DID drink when I was pregnant.
    my lmp was 27th july, and I had a glass of wine at my nanas funeral on the 13th august.
    so I was possibly 3-4 days pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't drink at all while pregnant. By choice. In fact I've rarely drank now after having her because I don't like to get drunk whilst she is with me and thats all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have the odd glass of vino one glass occasionally will not harm anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    alcohol was the reason I became suss that I was pregnant with my first! It was our wedding night and I had a mouthful of beer and it tasted really weird so I tried a different brand and it also tasted weird, had a mouthful of a third brand and it also tasted weird so I gave up. Knowing we hadn't bothered with contraceptives that month that night I said to DH I thought I was pregnant - two days later I found out I was!
    I didn't drink at all for the rest of the pregnancy and didn't drink at all with my son either.

I also won't drink while breastfeeding.