+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare Advice - Jacaranda in Bayswater

Hi! My DD (15 months) is booked in to Jacaranda Child Care in Bayswater and is set to start on Tuesday - just for one day a week for now. I've visited twice and whilst its not ideal, its the only one I can get her into right now. She is on the wait list at both Salisbury and Meela - but I am not holding my breath!

In my online searching tonight I have seen some bad reviews about Jacaranda and I would love to hear some more up-to-date opinions. I do have the option of postponing starting childcare with some very obliging grandparents if its as bad as I have now been hearing.

Any comments, advice, or other centre suggestions would be very much appreciated! Its the first time I am putting her into childcare and I am quietly freaking out!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I live in ferntree gully and have just booked DD into amaroo on Dorset road. While it's not the nicest looking centre the staff seem amazing and I have only heard good things. But I haven't heard anything about any of those centres haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Jacaranda bayswater

Hi, Esdee,
    I am just transferring my 2.5 year old daughter from a daycare I was very happy with (boo hoo) to move her closer to home. She is starting at jacaranda bayswater on Monday.

I'm wondering how your little one has settled in and whether you are happy?

I just went in for an 'orientation' with my daughter and didn't feel very confident on leaving.

i would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt send her - got the worst reviews and it is so overpriced. I got her into the one at ECU. PM me and I will give you the low down!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Jacaranda Bayswater, Mulberry Tree Ascot, Small World Inglewood

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if you had any more advice on the centres? I'm moving from Sydney and everything good in Mt Lawley and closeby are full and on waitlist.

The only ones that can take my 3 yr old are: Jacaranda Bayswater, Mulberry Tree Ascot, Small World Inglewood

Help...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marley,
    I pulled my daughter out of jacaranda after 3 days while I frantically searched for an alternative. Not a good option if you can help it. PM me for more details on that if you wish. I live close to mount lawley. Slightly further north. Here is a list of daycares that I can recommend from people I know in the area:
    Silverwood and salisbury st daycares (run by city of bayswater). Silverwood is where I ended up transferring my daughter and my youngest goes there now. We're very happy with it.
    Meela in East Perth
    The daycare at Edith Cowan Uni in mt lawley
    I know of a few more but can't remember the names... I'll find out and get back to you.
    I think I know someone that just put their 1.5 year old into small world inglewood. I'll ask for her opinion. I'm pretty sure it will be a better option to Jacaranda and a lot closer to you in mt lawley than ascot.
    Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and Marjorie Mann in Mount Lawley is another good one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Jacaranda bayswater

Jacaranda bayswater are fantastic my Dd has been there since she was 6 months old, she is now 19 months. I visited lots of day care centres accredited and non accredited. They follow the Reggio Emilla approach. They have a good staff ratio. They give me a daily update both verbally and pictures/ emails. They are always having visits from community sectors, St. John's ambulance, Constable Care, there is lots of dress up and play but most of all the children are cared and loved, my Dd cries not when I drop her off but when she has to go home. They are on the ball when it comes to policy and procedures regarding OSH and are very much aware of allergies etc. They welcome parent feedback. I know all the girls personally by name my dd is so happy there and I see her grow and develop in so many ways. I know that your little one is precious and you want the best for them, you will not be disssppointed.