Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hiya all

kate-thanx for that info
    we been seeing dr james in wollongong we did clomid and iui with him
    but ivf is jsut too expensive down here to do it
    can i aks who u were seeing its ok if u dont want too

the tolls may cost abit but will be worth it in the end, did u get a tag thing for the tolls?

we have made appointment with dr gaynor but not till ocotber so not sure whether to keep it or go to someone else

will think about it.

slp-goodluck on monday, will be crossing fingers for u

oh just another thing, kate
    since we down in wollongong are u able to do the bloodtests and ultrsounds down here
    ive heard that u can

goodluck to u all

has any of u been to a clairvoint to see if and when u going to have kids?

i have i got told not to 2012 though
    one lady told me twins and another just said 1 baby
    but see what happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Just thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. We've done one stim/transfer and one FET with SIVF Illawarra, both BFN's. We had a FET lined up for last Thursday, but both our remaining embies died in the thaw. So now we're changing clinics in the hope that we can get that much longed-for BFP. I have an appointment with Dr Fong at the end of August, but won't be starting our stim until November. Any information about WFC or Dr Fong would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Vicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaz - When I talked to the nurses, they said it was fine to do the blood tests and u/s down here (nowra) but they said I would have to pay the gap fee. If you do them at Westmead they are included in the cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi amelia's mummy
    Dr Nalini Gayer is my FS, she is very good, but very busy and as kaz can vouch, takes a long time to get in to see. She's also an OB and gyn so busy lady !

Dr Fong did my embryo transfer. Just thought I'd say, she is really nice (is it just me or do these docs seem to look younger and younger, yep, I'm officially getting old !). She even laughed at my DH's silly jokes during ET.

Did you consider doing another stim cycle with SIVF ? I have only just finished my first cycle but I have often wondered what makes people decide to change. Obviously WFC is a little cheaper than the others, so that helps alot ! One of the nurses told me (and admitted she's a bit biased) that the head embryologist there at WFC is widely acknowledged as a guru - a woman from England I believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirdy - I'm glad that Dr Fong is nice. It will make the transition easier. We only did the one cycle with SIVF. Our reason for changing was purely financial. WFC isn't just a little cheaper. We're talking around $5000!!! So even though we'll have to travel, it means we can have as many tries as we need. We really can't afford to pay out $10000 upfront with SIVF again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

ameila-thanks for that and goodluck with dr fong

i also did clomid and iui with wollongong but has decided to change just cause of the cost
    we cant afford to pay 10 grand each time
    even 5 is alot
    and we have heard good things about westmead
    and we have family up in sydney so can always stay up there if needed too.

lirdbirdy-yeah dr gaynor does take a while to get into, but i have heard that she is good and i liked the fact that she is also
    only 200 bucks for the first inital appt then 75 after that
    that is a more reasonable price then some of the others.

goodluck to u all
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome Vicky! Dr Fong is my FS and I rate her very highly! Admittedly, we've only seen her once, but we were with her for an hour and a half, and in that time she went through about 3-4 times what we'd been through with our previous FS (who works out of SIVFI) and by the end of the appt I had a script for the pill and we were on our way! I'm sure you'll love her!

Lilbirdy we changed prior to even completing a cycle with SIVF, due to the cost/FS dissatisfaction. As soon as we changed we knew we'd made the right decision. We were stressed and anxious at our previous clinic/FS, but after meeting with the WFC FS, we were excited and ready to go!

Kaz, I was told exactly the same as Vicky re the BT's and US's. I have checked with Southern Pathology and they can do same day results from a BT, but you'd have to be there early. I will travel up there for the US though, as I personally would rather the ultrasound to be done by 'their' people who know what they're looking for etc.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Kate. I'm thinking of doing the same thing re tests - blood tests down here but u/s at westmead. That's if I can get them in the middle of the day, that is, because I have a 3 y/o to organise care for etc. Can't wait for my appointment now! I've been really down since my FET was cancelled on Thursday, but now I'm looking forward to starting again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Well i got my Besult and it is a !!! HCG level 2445 which Westmead said was nice and strong.

Babies due date would be 16th of March 2011. I have to book in for an ultrasound on the 27th of July.

My friend had a look on a website today and seems to think that HCG level falls into the twins category lol

How is everyone else going?

Does anyone have the latest Roll Call?

Slp

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOOHOO slp Awesome numbers, congratulations!!!!