Closed Thread
Page 66 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself as I am starting IVF for the 1st time this month at Westmead. My name is Claire, I have been in Australia 8 months after emigrating from the UK with my husband. When we met 5 years ago my DH told me had had a vastectomy ( DH has 3 boys with ex wife) I wanted children and so did he with me so he had it reversed! For 2 and a half years we have always thought the problem lay with DH, his sperm results used to come back with poor forward progression and it wasn't until we came here to Australia that test's were run on me 2 and it turns out my AMH level is 1.8!! I saw Dr Howard smith who said lets get the ball rolling now as time is not on my side, I am 37, DH is 45! I came out of his office totally devastated and came home to research everything I could find on amh levels! To top it off it was never Chris's sperm that was the problem, the dr said his sperm count etc was above average!! So that is a positive for us after years of worrying!! I am trying to stay positive! I am on day 6 of my pill and have my nurse's interview on the 17th April for the syneral and a week after that for the injections! So I hope I can share my journey with you ladies, so we can help each other through this.
    Thanks for listening
    Claire xx
    Last edited by clairywary74; 02-04-2012 at 15:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    How's everyone going? Just wondering if anyone else is going to be taking the new fsh drug called alonza...(not sure of spelling as haven't seen it yet) I'm getting it injected on Wednesday and it will last 7 days. Instead of injecting puregon or gonal f daily. They say this is to have a 24hr supply of fsh stimulating the follicles where as daily injections only stimulate for a few hrs after injecting. I'm also not allowed to inject myself. After 7 days they will do an ultrasound and bloods and if I need more I then will go onto puregon. I will keep you posted. EPU should be on about 13 days from now I would say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome clairywary- hope its a short stay at wfc.
    Bubs4kylee- I haven't heard anything about the new drug. It sounds exciting though.. Not having to jab everyday. I wish u all the luck with it. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clairywary74 View Post
    Hello everyone

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself as I am starting IVF for the 1st time this month at Westmead. My name is Claire, I have been in Australia 8 months after emigrating from the UK with my husband. When we met 5 years ago my DH told me had had a vastectomy ( DH has 3 boys with ex wife) I wanted children and so did he with me so he had it reversed! For 2 and a half years we have always thought the problem lay with DH, his sperm results used to come back with poor forward progression and it wasn't until we came here to Australia that test's were run on me 2 and it turns out my AMH level is 1.8!! I saw Dr Howard smith who said lets get the ball rolling now as time is not on my side, I am 37, DH is 45! I came out of his office totally devastated and came home to research everything I could find on amh levels! To top it off it was never Chris's sperm that was the problem, the dr said his sperm count etc was above average!! So that is a positive for us after years of worrying!! I am trying to stay positive! I am on day 6 of my pill and have my nurse's interview on the 17th April for the syneral and a week after that for the injections! So I hope I can share my journey with you ladies, so we can help each other through this.
    Thanks for listening
    Claire xx
    Hi Claire. It's great that you are getting started ASAp. I also have low AMH. Try not to let it upset you too much because it is only an indication of your egg reseRve not your egg quality. I will only be getting 4 or five eggs at each pickup but as mY dr said its quality nOt quantity.
    Wishing you lots of luck.
    My EPU is this Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Wanted to introduce myself to this thread

DH and I are on cycle 21 TTC for our first baby. We had a natural BFP last year in March, but sadly miscarried at 7 weeks. I have an AMH level of 1.5. We did our first IVF cycle at WFC. We were lucky enough that although my AMH levels are very low, we were able to get 10 eggs at EPU and all fertilised the following day. Sadly (long story) we lost all our embies and didn't make it to transfer.

We are starting IVF#2 at the end of this month. I was on Lucrin injections for 3 weeks last cycle and of those 3 weeks, 2 weeks were spent taking 350 Gonal F daily. I had pretty bad side effects like dizziness, headaches, nausea.

I have found the staff at WFC to be fantastic and have met with Dr Smith after our issue with the embies and found him to be very genuine and kind. He is not our FS however. Our FS is Dr Bradbury.

Looking forward to having some cycle buddies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leelee72- good luck with EPU today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome rose white. Are you on cycle 21 or cycle day 21? I thought I was doing it tuff on cycle 7 but 21 is crazy. Wishing all the best on your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, thought id jump in here and say hello, I am getting ready to go back for my last little embie sometime next week. I see a few familiar names here from the april thread. Hi girls
    Welcome to Rosewhite and Claire.
    hello again Bubs4kylie best of luck to you on the new drug.
    hello to anyone else beyond this page, i havent read anything beyond this page.
    Love and babydust to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by bubs4kylee View Post
    Welcome rose white. Are you on cycle 21 or cycle day 21? I thought I was doing it tuff on cycle 7 but 21 is crazy. Wishing all the best on your journey.
    Just to clarify I'm on month #21 of TTC. I'm starting my #2 cycle of IVF at the end of the month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, hope you've been well!

I started my Synarel sniffing yesterday and omg.. I am NOT enjoying it much. The initial spray/sniff/inhale is fine, but the TASTE as it runs down the back of your throat for the next fifteen minutes, yuck. Makes me gag. Did you guys build up a tolerance to it, or what? Not looking forward to the next three weeks, or however long I have to take the bloody thing for.